Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Eldanalune
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Eldanalune »

Hydras. Pretty please. I have wanted one of these ever since I saw the ones in Zangermarsh and the ghost hydra in Sholazar. Maybe a few more color schemes for the Outlands Chimeras. Nuramoc's color is just....too awesome for words.

But hydras first and foremost. It seems to be a massive concensous.
"Always be aware. Or was it oblivious? I can never remember."
Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

Firstly, I'd like to thank our awesome Lurker again. You really, really have made many people very happy.
Secondly, I'll shamelessly copy my suggestion post from the Rak'shiri thread, since it deals with a number of different things I think would be wonderful to see in the game. Added my thoughts on King Bangalash as well.

Post from Page 11 of "Rak'Shiri changed colors":

I don't like the idea of changing Shy-Rotam into something else at all. I'm fairly sure that there are more people who don't like camping for rares than there are people that actually do, and because of that I believe that more people are likely to be affected by a change to Shy-Rotam than the amount of people that are affected by the changed Rak'shiri.

I think that there are a couple of better solutions to the problem of where to put the Starter Pet Skin (RidingTigerSkinWhite).

1. Make the the Frostsaber Companions in Darnassus tameable and neutral to the alliance, as has been suggested before (by Tahlian if I remember correctly).

2. Give the starter pet skin to the Frostsaber Stalkers around Frostaber Rock. The ordinary Frostsabers will still have the ordinary white tiger skin, so nobody has to become upset that that particular skin would suddenly become unique to King Bangalash. The reason why I would suggest the Stalkers rather than the Frostsabers is that the Stalkers are higher level, which seems appropriate for a larger skin.

I am no longer sure about wishing that King Bangalash should be changed. I believe that he is one of those pets that many have tamed and loved, and a changed Bangalash would probably affect a rather large number of hunters, not all of whom may be happy about it (even though I personally feel that the larger RidingTigerSkinWhite skin would suit the King of Stranglethorn :)).

For Rak'shiri, as I said, I would be thrilled to see him use the pure white skin (RidingTigerSkinNoStripe), if he doesn't stay Aqua. I think that the main objection to the original skin change has perhaps been that Rak'shiri no longer feels unique, and in my opinion, applying a formerly unused skin instead of the starter pet skin would add to Rak'shiri's uniqueness rather than detract from it. Out of the unused skins, I believe that this would be the most appropriate one, considering the general colour scheme of the cats around Frostsaber Rock.

And if I can dream a little, it would be beautiful if Broken Tooth and Araga were given little updates as well.
They too have been rather iconic rare cats, so it sort of feels as though they deserve it. It would be sad if they were just forgotten.
A suggestion:

Broken Tooth (RidingTigerSkinBrown)

Araga (RidingTigerSkinGold)

I think that those two might be the two unused saber skins that are closest to the original skins of these cats. Care appears to have been taken so far to make sure that changed rares don't look incongruous in their surroundings, or too different from their original skins, and I personally appreciate that very much. I would be very happy to see a Dawnsaber type cat somewhere in the game as well, but I don't know if a skin like that exists without a saddle.

Heh, and I'm sorry if people feel that I'm repeating myself all over the forum. :D
Last edited by Alastiel on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maqueda
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Horde

Unread post by Maqueda »

Vephriel wrote:Hehe...if we can't have Hydras as a new pet family I'd be happy to see the Ghost Hydralisk tameable again. :D
^
This!

Also, just so we're clear... I'm not in any way ungrateful for all the new changes/additions we've had so far; far to the contrary, I'm ecstatic! But since we're on the subject of suggestions, the only thing left on my wishlist is Hydras. Ghost Hydra would cause me to die of pure joy, but honestly I don't care how, just... Hydras. That is all.
If you don't like it, fix it. If you don't fix it, deal with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your: As in "Your grammar sucks."
You're: As in "You're an idiot for not knowing the difference."
Warfish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Warfish »

I have one minor, easy to accomplish suggestion.

Please use this existing skin somewhere in-game so it can be tamed. Perhaps for one of the rare or elite Chimera in Winterspring.

I do also support Spirit Beast variants of Snakes, Devilsaurs, Raptors and Windserpents, but I am sure those will come in time.
Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

That is a gorgeous Chimaera skin. I would be very, very happy if it showed up ingame! :D

Edit: Sticky this thread maybe? Might be good to keep a lot of suggestions and wishes in one place. :)
Last edited by Alastiel on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

would love the outland white chimera to be put up for grabs.
hydras, come on they need some hunter love :(
and here is one i dont think i have seen anyone talk about yet: phoenix. it would fit rather well with the whole ash, fire and brimstone theme of cata. Never quite agreed with it being labeled an Ele, makes me jelous of Kael'thas. ;P

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Warfish wrote:I have one minor, easy to accomplish suggestion.

Please use this existing skin somewhere in-game so it can be tamed. Perhaps for one of the rare or elite Chimera in Winterspring.
Brumeran isn't elite anymore, but she did look like she could use the upgrade. ^_^

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Kalliope wrote:

Brumeran isn't elite anymore, but she did look like she could use the upgrade. ^_^
Brumeran would be perfect for that skin - it might as well have been made for him! :D
Kaswryn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: (US) Lothar+Grizzly Hills (A) Alleria+Khadgar (H)

Unread post by Kaswryn »

Worba wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

Brumeran would be perfect for that skin - it might as well have been made for him! :D
Thirded? XD This would have been my second suggestion, but I felt bad asking for two ^-^;

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I'm sticky'ing this for now so we can all get it out of our system.
Warfish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Warfish »

Mania wrote:I'm sticky'ing this for now so we can all get it out of our system.
You (and Wain) had to know letting it out that a Blizz Dev. reads here would result in this, right? :D

In any event, it finally goaded me (a VERY long time lurker/reader of your wonderful site, thank you Mania) to register and post, and as everyone who knows the Warfish knows, that alone is worth this thread existing. :lol:
Ryan
Realm: Hakkar

Unread post by Ryan »

There are plenty of great suggestions for new pets already, so I will go a different rout.

How about adding an ability to Beast Masters to temporarily call a second Pet. I have always wanted to see my Pets working together to take down my enemies.
Murloc Chow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US:The Scryers, EU: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Murloc Chow »

Stags would be icing, and Wyvern as Spirit Beasts would be the cherry on top, it would also amuse me to have a horse/Zhevra as a pet. Oooh, Hawkstriders! they could be added to the Tallstrider Family :D Other than what’s been mentioned already, that’s all I can think of, my cursor is hovering over the tame button in anticipation!

Artist: Murloc Chow, Medium: msPaint
Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Worba wrote:Brumeran would be perfect for that skin - it might as well have been made for him! :D
The Razza might also be a candidate for the white and blue chimaera skin. I really like rares with unique skins.
But then again, I personally love hunting for rares. Not everybody does. :)
Snowwfire

Unread post by Snowwfire »

1. Give Warp Stalkers their Warp ability back
2. On the same note, give all the tanking abilities you took away from tenacity pets back, or at least give them some kind of tanking ability. Blizz totally "wolfed" the Tenacity tree by turning all the tanking abilities into slows and other useless crap.
3. DO NOT give all cats the uber-annoying slobber-yawn...my god it goes off every 5 seconds and is the most annoying sound in game...for the love of all that's holy do not give all cats models this horrid ear-raping sound :(
4. Make this skin tamable: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/tigerge ... ckgem.html
5. Make Ursangous tamable or if not then take away his Beast classification, he's such a massive tease. For those who insist he is a druid of the claw, show me the lore on that, nowhere in game does it say such...also he's classified as a beast...also there's a Dranei hunter in a Zangarmarsh dungeon who has tamed a druid of the claw...so stick that lore in your hole :P
lurker2891
Realm: Bloodhoof

Unread post by lurker2891 »

It might be a little late but can Undead hunters start with the demon dog model instead of a spider?
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

First off, dear Lurker, you and your team have gone above and beyond in showering us pet-lovers with all sorts of goodies! I nearly peed myself when I found out that not only is Duskfang being flagged as tameable, but that I'd get my much-desired red warp stalker AND green jormungar!!!

The only thing left, the one final thing that my huntery heart desires, is for thunder lizards to become tameable. Whether they are their own family or lumped into rhinos, it doesn't matter to me. I just want my very own stegosaurus stomping happily by my side. :3 I suppose clefthooves would be a worthy addition to that family as well.

I'll throw one in for the hydras, too, for everyone else's sake. I personally don't care for them but I know there's an entire community of pet-lovers foaming at the mouth for these. :D Whether they're tameable at Cata or shortly after, or maybe even a few patches from now, I don't think it matters. People demand hydras! :) (Though I will admit that some of those colors like black, red and purple look pretty wicked.....)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

**Offers cake and milk to the lurker**

No that wasn't a bribe just a warm hello!!! Thank you for reading and listening. :hug:

My requests:
The Beast to get his ?? Boss tag back at least for those of us who've tamed him. This was a huge accomplishment and I know I enjoyed seeing it.

Hydra's. Please oh please. **offers more cakes and cookies*

Araga to remain a unique skin. I love her and her individualistic look.

A reptilian Spirit Beast.

Thank you for all that has already been given to us hunters! This huntress is so excited to FINALLY have a ghost spirit wolf and Gezzarak since I missed out on them by mere days. More cats of different colors on Loque's skin would be great.

But really I'm happy with what we've been given already.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hey guys. Just looking at this thread. Hard to respond completely from my phone, but just a few comments on stuff that was brought up:

- no he's not Ghostcrawler ;) That would have been pretty arrogant of him to name a new mob after himself ;)
- hunter mechanics are not his thing. Mobs are, and as an extension new hunter pets. He's really gone out of his way to make as many skins as possible available to us. He already had heaps to do and didn't have to but did. So while he may or may not be able to pass on your complaints about powers and fight mechanics, I'm not sure he could address them directly
- most remaining chimaera and owl skins have been dealt with and should appear in a patch. I forget but one chimaera skin may still be missing until it's added to a rare or something. I could be remembering that wrong
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Oh, neat. A real live Lurker. Just...ignore that frost trap near the door. No, of course I'm not trying to trap you and keep you here...Don't be so paranoid.

Really though, thank you for all your hard work. I hope eventually you can actually sign up among us and say hi. Well, obviously you'd be anonymous, but we're an awesome group and it'd be neat to have more people among us, developer or not.

So, yeah. Thanks. And really. Totally ignore that frost trap. Honestly.