Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Gimlion »

Azunara wrote:Oh, neat. A real live Lurker. Just...ignore that frost trap near the door. No, of course I'm not trying to trap you and keep you here...Don't be so paranoid.

Really though, thank you for all your hard work. I hope eventually you can actually sign up among us and say hi. Well, obviously you'd be anonymous, but we're an awesome group and it'd be neat to have more people among us, developer or not.

So, yeah. Thanks. And really. Totally ignore that frost trap. Honestly.
From What I understood in Wain's OP about the 'Lurker' (Reminds me of Jak&Daxter...) is that (S)he is in fact registered here, and posts, and this is the reason so much on his identity is disclosed...

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Gimlion wrote:
Azunara wrote:Oh, neat. A real live Lurker. Just...ignore that frost trap near the door. No, of course I'm not trying to trap you and keep you here...Don't be so paranoid.

Really though, thank you for all your hard work. I hope eventually you can actually sign up among us and say hi. Well, obviously you'd be anonymous, but we're an awesome group and it'd be neat to have more people among us, developer or not.

So, yeah. Thanks. And really. Totally ignore that frost trap. Honestly.
From What I understood in Wain's OP about the 'Lurker' (Reminds me of Jak&Daxter...) is that (S)he is in fact registered here, and posts, and this is the reason so much on his identity is disclosed...
Either way. More people is awesome, no matter who they are. They can stay secret, because frankly, that's awesome. It's like we have a secret agent in our forums.
Blooddsurge
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Blooddsurge »

well if our lurker is still around...
my first and the last big wish i really ask for is HYDRAS! if we can only get one skin i dont care which. just make any hydra tameable please!

and i guess for my 2nd wish is make any reptile form a spirit beast.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Longtime reader, but I couldn't resist registering to add my wishlist while the opportunity is here.

Would *love* to see the following:

Blue bear, maybe somewhere in Grizzly Hills since it resembles Arcturis?

Either the dark brown or brown worg (Tito), as those are my favorite worg skins. I like the dark brown a bit more but would be just as pleased to see Tito tameable.

Image Image
Wain wrote:- most remaining chimaera and owl skins have been dealt with and should appear in a patch. I forget but one chimaera skin may still be missing until it's added to a rare or something. I could be remembering that wrong
Yes! That's great news if it happens - I love the white outlands chimera skin and would be willing to go BM just to get it!

And the unused owl skins are fantastic - I love the sounds the owls make but haven't liked any of the existing skins enough to get one, so if the blue gem, spectral, or violet owls become available I'll definitely have to find a way to add them to my already maxxed out pet list!

Image Image Image

Thanks much for giving us a way to give our input!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The blue bear would be awesome, though it doesn't look very natural. I wonder if it was created as a first step in creating Arcturus. Not sure if it would be used on it's own, but nice if it was.

The missing worg skins, brown and dark brown, are both going to be available in that patch post release. Has anyone managed to check on Tito in the beta yet? I never had any luck.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wain wrote:The missing worg skins, brown and dark brown, are both going to be available in that patch post release.
*dies* BOTH of them??? Oh my, this will take hours of debate, only to be settled upon seeing them in person; I'd better get started...:lol:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I do not wish to push my luck any further than necessary. The Blizzard developer(s) responsible for the contribution of new hunter pets have far surpassed any prior expectations I had, and for that I am truly, truly grateful!

I will make a few hopeful suggestions however just for future reference in upcoming patches or expansions:

Hippogryphs
Gryphons
Wyverns
and Hydras
Last edited by Niabi on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Wain wrote:The blue bear would be awesome, though it doesn't look very natural. I wonder if it was created as a first step in creating Arcturus. Not sure if it would be used on it's own, but nice if it was.

The missing worg skins, brown and dark brown, are both going to be available in that patch post release. Has anyone managed to check on Tito in the beta yet? I never had any luck.
Thanks Wain for responding on the worgs - now I can move the dark brown one from my wishlist to my planned stable list!

I agree the blue bear doesn't look very "natural" compared to the others, but emerald green gem owls and hunched glossy cats don't look as natural as the others in their families and I love those too. So I'll just keep my fingers crossed and maybe one will pop up in a future patch? I'm staying optimistic. :D
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh, one thing I remembered just now.

It's probably been mentioned in other places, but the unused White Vulture skin is very appealing, and it seems like it would be well suited to a place like Uldum or Tanaris. It would be awesome to see it finally make an appearance in game if feasible. :)
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

copypasta from my rhino thread

Hey guys

I know that as hunters we all are excited with the awesome new additions to our tamable list in the next patch. But somehow in all of this excitement of new skins and models, we lost sight of what important; pet's usability and usefulness.

Lets take a look at our awesome friend the rhino:

1)It is an exotic pet, so that means only bm hunter can use it. Yay we BM can use it hehe we can use it for pve soloing

2)But wait a minute, its special skill is stampede which increases bleed debuff, but hey bm has no bleed, there a lot more viable pve soloing pet.. well maybe it is useful for raiding to help other bleeders?

3) erm no wait, hyena is a ferocity pets that has the same special skill, and it has higher dps than rhino, even we as bm need to bring a bleed debuffer to raids, seems hyena is the better option. Oh wait I know, we can use it for pvp 111111!e;even twelve

4) erk 90 seconds cd for horn toss? That such a long cd, and you have to click it? with such a long cd and very situational need, seems monkey's disorient, chimaera's slow, wasp's stun, bird of prey's disarm or silithid's wweb is more useful...

So rhinos needs 2 kind of fixes; make horn toss' cd shorter, and stampede need to be changed into something more useful

Suggestion

Protector of the herd.
Level 1
Instant
Gives '[rank]' additional armor to party and raid members within 40 yards. Does not stack with paladin's devotion aura.

oh and /p.s, can my rhino has a bonus ability called 'summon tickbird'.

Summon tickbird
The tickbird will periodically raise pet's happiness and removes any dots or diseases when out of combat.

so QED, please, please someone in beta suggest to the dev team to change stampede. thank
Armitege
Realm: Medivh, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Armitege »

What I would really love is to have more armored pets
(like the Shattered Hand Warhound, Agam'ar boars for example).

Perhaps make Amani Bear tamable again (as it was in beta once long ago)? :D

My hunter adores his pets and he wants them protected too!
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Scarlet tracking hounds that are already tamed, to remain Hyena's and not become dogs (I've had mine for over 2yrs, he is very special to me) (give the dog-scarlet hounds thier own ID)
Talbuks tamabe please (and other deer familys)(lotsa skins already in game ;) )
Hydras would be awsome pets to! (and theres already lots of skins for them)
And allow for the pet bar's location to be adjustable...it is really really bad where it is now (on the right of the screen away from every other spell I use)

thank yous :)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Wain wrote:- most remaining chimaera and owl skins have been dealt with and should appear in a patch. I forget but one chimaera skin may still be missing until it's added to a rare or something. I could be remembering that wrong
Welp, time to go camping Olm! ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

As many wonderful skins as we've gotten, I can't help but think that the bears seem to maybe have been a litle bit overlooked. We do have two new diseased skins, true, and while I'm thankful for every new skin ingame, I think that it would be lovely to see a slightly more ordinary new skin. One that perhaps may appeal to a wider range of people.

Perhaps this one for Bjarn?

I don't know if it was actually ever intended for large bears, given that the name of the skin is PolarBearCubSkin, but I really like the look of it.
It's a cleaner white than the regular polar bear, and it does not suffer from the hare lip like the other bear skins.

Then there is always this one, BearSkinSpectral, which has been suggested before, and seems to be very popular.

It looks a lot like Arcturis, though that is not necessarily bad thing. It's a pretty skin. Perhaps it would suit Ursol'lok?
I think that this skin would look quite gorgeous as an addition to Ashenvale.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:Oh, one thing I remembered just now.

It's probably been mentioned in other places, but the unused White Vulture skin is very appealing, and it seems like it would be well suited to a place like Uldum or Tanaris. It would be awesome to see it finally make an appearance in game if feasible. :)
Oh I forgot. That white vulture skin should be making a cameo appearance in that later patch too, all being well ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Excellent to hear Wain! :D
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Makoes wrote:And allow for the pet bar's location to be adjustable...it is really really bad where it is now (on the right of the screen away from every other spell I use)
You can actually do this yourself with bar mods. ^_^ <3 Dominos personally.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Alastiel wrote:As many wonderful skins as we've gotten, I can't help but think that the bears seem to maybe have been a litle bit overlooked. We do have two new diseased skins, true, and while I'm thankful for every new skin ingame, I think that it would be lovely to see a slightly more ordinary new skin. One that perhaps may appeal to a wider range of people.

Perhaps this one for Bjarn?

I don't know if it was actually ever intended for large bears, given that the name of the skin is PolarBearCubSkin, but I really like the look of it.
It's a cleaner white than the regular polar bear, and it does not suffer from the hare lip like the other bear skins.

Then there is always this one, BearSkinSpectral, which has been suggested before, and seems to be very popular.

It looks a lot like Arcturis, though that is not necessarily bad thing. It's a pretty skin. Perhaps it would suit Ursol'lok?
I think that this skin would look quite gorgeous as an addition to Ashenvale.
The blue bear skin is awesome - personally I like it better than the one on Arcturis.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

--

New suggestion for our Lurker after seeing Veps new sign..

Make the black t-rex belly grey!! - pretty please.... IF this happendt the black one migth take King Krush place in Tårnfalks stable :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

I still want sharks and Marsh walkers! XD;

But i would love to see a white raptor skinn. Is there a unused one around somewhere that we might see? or did it never exist a white raptor?

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so