Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Rhyela »

Akyo wrote:I still want sharks and Marsh walkers! XD;

But i would love to see a white raptor skinn. Is there a unused one around somewhere that we might see? or did it never exist a white raptor?
I've seen one, the Whistle of the Ivory Raptor, which is a loot card from the card game. Granted, it is the raptor mount model which isn't used for pets currently, but it is a white raptor nonetheless! Personally, I would really like if the raptor mount models were made tameable someday. I think they're far more attractive than the current raptors (outland models notwithstanding) since they don't have those blasted feathers and beaded necklaces. I never could get used to that.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Azunara wrote:Oh, neat. A real live Lurker. Just...ignore that frost trap near the door. No, of course I'm not trying to trap you and keep you here...Don't be so paranoid.

Really though, thank you for all your hard work. I hope eventually you can actually sign up among us and say hi. Well, obviously you'd be anonymous, but we're an awesome group and it'd be neat to have more people among us, developer or not.

So, yeah. Thanks. And really. Totally ignore that frost trap. Honestly.
*Baits Azunara's frost trap with cookies and cakes*
Me???? I'm not doing anything. What trap?
*Walks away while looking around and whistling*
/sing "Secret Agent lurker secret agent lurker ....."

A black or gray bellied T-Rex would be awesome! Love the blue bear skin a lot!!!
Thanks for a little more info Wain! You're the bestest! :headbang:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Unread post by Glassdragon »

First off, thank you for such a great job!

I know I posted this before in my own thread, but this seems like a much better place for it.

Riding Raptor models! Mainly the old style ones with the horn on the forehead! I know that there are no models in game without the saddles, but that should be an easy fix. I imagine that the models are created first then the saddle slapped/attached on, as they have put saddles on many things afterwards, like my white rhino! Here is hoping that its something easy to do.

Eventually I would love every tamable rare spawn to have it's own unique skin and/or color. I know thats a long shot, but over time who knows? The rare spawn cats are a great start! ;)

If not, I am totally happy with what we have received so far.

Thanks again!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

First off, I want to thank you for everything you'll be giving hunters come the Sundering and come actual Cata release. I wish to thank you for finally, finally making Chromaggus, Princess Huhuran, and the rest of the demon dogs (blue and green blighthounds especially) tamable. Like everyone else here who's posted in this thread, I also have a few requests:

1. Please, please, please make the Ravasaur Matriarch tamable. I found out the hard way that she wasn't, so I was forced to take her daughter home with me instead (back when the hatchlings dropped off the rares themselves). I know I can easily get the same color raptor from the Wetlands or from Stranglethorn, but it just wouldn't be the same. It wouldn't be her.

2. A white skin for the silithid battle tanks/reavers. I don't know what they're officially called, but they're the first type of silithid ever made available to us. I love all four of the colors we have currently for them, but I've always been a fan of the white skin that the silithid wasps have, and I think it would look pretty nice on a battle tank model silithid.

3. Gyreworms. I know this probably won't ever happen, but you gave us shale spiders, so why not the stone worms as well? They're absolutely gorgeous and the worm family needs more diversity when it comes to actual models.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Alastiel wrote:As many wonderful skins as we've gotten, I can't help but think that the bears seem to maybe have been a litle bit overlooked. We do have two new diseased skins, true, and while I'm thankful for every new skin ingame, I think that it would be lovely to see a slightly more ordinary new skin. One that perhaps may appeal to a wider range of people.

Perhaps this one for Bjarn?

I don't know if it was actually ever intended for large bears, given that the name of the skin is PolarBearCubSkin, but I really like the look of it.
It's a cleaner white than the regular polar bear, and it does not suffer from the hare lip like the other bear skins.

Then there is always this one, BearSkinSpectral, which has been suggested before, and seems to be very popular.

It looks a lot like Arcturis, though that is not necessarily bad thing. It's a pretty skin. Perhaps it would suit Ursol'lok?
I think that this skin would look quite gorgeous as an addition to Ashenvale.
The white polar skin has such a sweet face from that angle. Maybe the Arctic Grizzlies in Dragonblight should get it due to their name and the fact that they already have baby polar bears (so that moms and babies match in color).

I like the idea of the blue bear in a forest setting, but I think if I had to choose one mob it'd be Mongress in Felwood because so many things in Felwood are diseased or have an infected glow, and there's that green cat there as well so maybe they could be unnatural colored playmates?
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

If I'd know this would encourage so many people to sign up I would have faked a lurker before! *grin*
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Could the lurker maybe consider the poor broken birdies so I could enjoy the new gold condor skin that will be coming out? Pretty please with birdie treats on top? http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6388
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Mania wrote:If I'd know this would encourage so many people to sign up I would have faked a lurker before! *grin*
And in the first patch post-Cata, the Tanaris rare will be renamed Ainamiss the Lurker. :lol:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Kryte »

Please bring back Eyes of the Beast.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Pet suggestions:

~Add as many unused models as you can! I love so many have been added lately but variety is the spice of life.
~I love Death Ravager's new skin, but he's still untameable! Please fix that.
~Give owl and parrot models a mountspecial animation so they can do trick too
~Add play to other families. Wolves and hyenas already have the same dance animation.
~Add more fun noncombat abilities to other pet families. I wanna play fetch with a dog pet.
~Make foxes cunning. Just doesn't make sense to me that they are ferocity. Cunning as a fox, right? Currently now they are copies of tallstriders with the same tree and ability.
~Change either dragonhawks or wind serpents to ferocity. Same thing with foxes/tallstriders they have the same tree and ability. Making one ferocity would give more variety.
~Bring back Eyes of the Beast. My pets cannot jump on lazy raider's corpses when they don't run back anymore.

Other suggestions:

~For the love of the loas please fix the troll druid feral forms, especially the cat form.
~Make Hahadori an NPC in game because she's that awesome! <.<

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

OK OK OK... Once our lurker has had his break and feels refreshed enough. Then I feel there should be a cat somewhere that uses this skin

Really love the look.... But once you've had your break eh! :lol:

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

A non-Rare Spirit beast. (MM/SV dont have to camp a family like BM does...especially since Exotics are our 31 point ability)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

Wain wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Oh, one thing I remembered just now.

It's probably been mentioned in other places, but the unused White Vulture skin is very appealing, and it seems like it would be well suited to a place like Uldum or Tanaris. It would be awesome to see it finally make an appearance in game if feasible. :)
Oh I forgot. That white vulture skin should be making a cameo appearance in that later patch too, all being well ;)
Just thought I'd chime in and say I'm VERY happy to hear of this. Vultures are my favorite pet group, and I think that skin is just gorgeous. Can't wait to see it in-game. :D

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SgtMakkie wrote:OK OK OK... Once our lurker has had his break and feels refreshed enough. Then I feel there should be a cat somewhere that uses this skin

Really love the look.... But once you've had your break eh! :lol:
It really is a beautiful skin. Unfortunately it's also the ONLY cat skin on the database without a no-saddle version. Perhaps there's one in their files that was never added to the database, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

One lives in hope Wain! :)

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

The more I look at the PolarBearCubSkin, the more I think it was never meant for large bears.
That doesn't stop me from liking it a lot, though. Perhaps even more than the ordinary skins.

A comparison:

PolarBearCubSkin

Image Image

BearSkinWhite

Image Image

It doesn't have the snarl of the other skins, which actually appeals to me. It also does not have the split upper lip that has always bothered me with the bear skins. The only place where it is visible that it was not originally meant for large bears is around the lower jaw. Though that slight miss in colouration actually bothers me less than the cleft lip. I understand that it is unlikely, but I would love to see this one ingame on a large bear. Might just be me though. Wouldn't be the first time. :mrgreen:

I promise that I'll try not to post more in this thread now... at least not until that famed patch after Cataclysm launch that is apparently going to add more skins. :D (Unless it is to respond to other people's ideas :)) Also, I'll try to stop repeating myself and just get everything I want to say into one post. Got it out of my system now, I hope. I'll stop being pushy and demanding. I really am thrilled with all we have gotten already, and would not be in any way displeased if nothing else was added or changed at all. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Alastiel on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

It is my experience that lurkers tend to ignore threads like this one, but it's still very interesting to read what everyone thinks would be awesome, even if I disagree with some of it. :)

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

You might be right about that, and it wouldn't bother me in the least if that was the case. He's done enough already. :)
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

I'd like to see a pet family other than Ravagers that brings the physical damage debuff. I really don't like ravagers...I'll run with one if the group needs it, but I'll be happier when I don't have to. And although I like the hyenas, might as well stump for an additional family that brings the bleed debuff while I'm at it.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Magli wrote:I'd like to see a pet family other than Ravagers that brings the physical damage debuff. I really don't like ravagers...I'll run with one if the group needs it, but I'll be happier when I don't have to. And although I like the hyenas, might as well stump for an additional family that brings the bleed debuff while I'm at it.
Worms bring the same debuff as ravagers, though they require deep BM.

Boars and rhinos have the same debuff as hyenas, though rhinos are exotic.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!