Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Ickabob »

I know that our lurker is mostly in charge of hunter pets, but maybe he'll see this and forward this to the proper channels. Anyhow, I think since we likely won't be seeing tamable hydra pets for hunters, why not give us baby hydra companion pets? I'm sure it wouldn't take much effort to shrink a hydra down, give it big heads and cute eyes just like the raptor companions that are on live. Heck, put it on the pet store and I'd buy it in half a heartbeat.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

...PLEASE please, for the love of Hyena's...Stop making them worse!!!!!

The head down and uniboob are already hard enough to handle, at least when moving they looked proper! Now their run animation has been changed to further amplify their already now hunchbacked and deformed look!

PLEASE...please...make them how they use to be...good!

Hyena running: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fab_eEhQ ... re=related
Hyena movement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9YUPy5s ... ure=fvwrel
More Hyena's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAI3fVieUXQ

And yes, I know WoW hyena's aren't exactly like real hyena's, but dang it, they were fine before some...er...person decided to stick them onto a different skeleton and make them look bad.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I should have made this suggestion earlier, but maybe it can be worked into a future patch:

Tameable ravens in the Ruins of Gilneas!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ickabob wrote:I know that our lurker is mostly in charge of hunter pets, but maybe he'll see this and forward this to the proper channels. Anyhow, I think since we likely won't be seeing tamable hydra pets for hunters, why not give us baby hydra companion pets? I'm sure it wouldn't take much effort to shrink a hydra down, give it big heads and cute eyes just like the raptor companions that are on live.
While I know it's not relevant to your suggestion, I decided to use the opportunity to say that Noah's main role is actually encounter design. You'll see a lot of his style and humour in newer dungeons. Adding all those new pets for us... is something he does as a bonus. A very, very generous bonus :)

And yes, baby hydra pets would be gorgeous!!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wain wrote:
Ickabob wrote:I know that our lurker is mostly in charge of hunter pets, but maybe he'll see this and forward this to the proper channels. Anyhow, I think since we likely won't be seeing tamable hydra pets for hunters, why not give us baby hydra companion pets? I'm sure it wouldn't take much effort to shrink a hydra down, give it big heads and cute eyes just like the raptor companions that are on live.
While I know it's not relevant to your suggestion, I decided to use the opportunity to say that Noah's main role is actually encounter design. You'll see a lot of his style and humour in newer dungeons. Adding all those new pets for us... is something he does as a bonus. A very, very generous bonus :)

And yes, baby hydra pets would be gorgeous!!
Yeah, the hunter stuff is basically a side project by comparison to the encounters he's designed. :D

He's a smart designer (IMO, he's really designed some wicked encounters that have furthered the game's quality and reach - and with a sense of humor!) and we're really lucky to have him working on hunter pets!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

It has been a while since I have posted here so...

Black and White versions of Sambas? :mrgreen:
Zombie Bear?(in my sig) :headbang:
Pets goats that look like the new mounts. Like:

Oh and quit with the multi-rare shared spawn spots! I hate having to kill one(after trying to find it a home first) for the possibility of another that I want to spawn instead. :cry:

Keep up all the awesome work you do! :hug:
Last edited by Jäysee on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Jäysee wrote:It has been a while since I have posted here so...

Black and White versions of Sambas? :mrgreen:
Zombie Bear?(in my sig) :headbang:
Pets goats that look like the new mounts. Like:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/ ... p?id=19899

Keep up all the awesome work you do! :hug:

YES!!!!!!!
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

ImageImage
swiftleaf
Realm: Aman Thul

Unread post by swiftleaf »

Omg have just discovered the forum, and thrilled to hear we have a designer who lurks! I have some suggestions. I do love dogs - what if the mists of panderia had a ferocious shiz tzu lol. that would be great. with a bow in its hair. pink bow. you know, domestic animals like tabby cats and perky pug that transform into muscled beasts when they fight. I adore the perky pug, perhaps he could transform into a hugely muscled slavering armoured beast when you fight. whoever designed the perky pug is a genius.

Also of course fighting horses. you could ride it AND fight with it! brilliant!

also flame hawk would be an awesome pet, like those ones up near skarr (love skarr!!!!)

anyway, thanks for looking mr lurker
ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

I want the pretty spirit kitty really bad. Not on my new monk. He deserves to run by a hunter's side in all his glory all the time. Such a gorgeous skin. The crane god would be cool too but I really really really want that kitty
Enikka & Gara.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Non pet suggestions..

Make the hordie and the ally AH the same ;) - that way it balances out on those servers where the populations way heavily towards one of the other :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

Thanks for at least putting the ZoMbIe BeAr(Undead) in the game, I guess I can come out here to the Shattered Convoy and visit them :hug: when ever I want and then I should be happy

Image...should be :( :? :cry:

Maybe when the necromancer class gets introduced I can have one bring it back to life! :ugeek: :headbang:

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

combatboots7

Unread post by combatboots7 »

I would love to see windriders, gryphons and hippogryphs become tameable, but I won't hold my breath.

I really miss Eyes of the Beast.

Also, BM hunters (and Burning Crusade for that matter) could benefit from a lvl 69 spirit beast. Maybe with a felboar model.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Pls let us tame beavers, shoveltusks, gryphons, kodos, wyverns and hippogryph

but espacially beaver XD
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I still hope for player selectable surnames :) seams such an important and intergrated part of many of the NPC´s and i know many of us here have a surname in mind for some of our charecters :D.

And i think you should be able to choose it from char creation with possibility for change at lvl 10, 20, 30, 40 etc or just for a gold fee :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

More pink pets. >_>

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE that we have Pattranache, Mazzranache, and the Pink Worms in Winterspring.

But there's PLENTY of options for every other color in the game, even on armor. But Pink is something that aside from Precious's Ribbon and the Pink mageweave shirt, has been hunter pet specific, and I'm saddened that there's a lack of pink pets.

I'm not talking purpleish pink or reddish pink. I'm talking actual pink. xD

How about a Spirit Beast with a Pink Glow? XD Like, a Tallstrider or Crane, just to match the "Flamingos" we already have. Or be shocking and go with like, a pink glowing devilsaur spiritbeast. xD And then just a few other pets with a pink skin that pink lovers like me can have for some variety in our pinkness. xD

Anyway, Tameable Giraffes. Just because that's still one of my dreams out of the beasts in WoW. xD

I do thank you for adding in more Tallstriders, at least according to the rares that we have the list of. xD Even if they aren't new skins, thanks for adding more Tallstriders in the game, period.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I was rather surprised that the other jade cats never made it into the Jade Forest. It would have been the perfect place to get three unused skins in the game, but we only saw one get added. I know it's a little past release of Pandaria, but I honestly think it would be the perfect location for the other two. Maybe even having one of them be a rare. I personally don't -want- the green ones, but I always wondered why they never made the cut.

These are the two I'm referring to.
Image Image

I'm holding out for the sabre sapphire, turquoise, white, black, or amethyst. Preferably the first two.
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

I know my moo cow hunter would flipping adore a white armored worg for a pet! Just as we have the black one from ramparts, it would be nice to have a white one as well!

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Armored Sabre Cat
Garguntoter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Garguntoter »

I recently read in a Q&A the the "essence" of hunters as Blizz sees it is to not collect all the hunter pets. This was stated when asked about the possibility of more stable slots. Well that may be their opinion but what about the fact that some of my hunters back story carry a theme and I can not tame all the pets that support that theme. For example my Worgen hunter really likes birds because he wants to fly and loves the beauty, freedom and form of birds in flight. So I wanted to tame all the flying pets I can but am unable to get all the different ones from the two families that I had to limit myself to (Birds of Prey and Carrion Birds) because even at that time there were more then 25 in these two families and now there are or will be 30 Birds of Prey alone so I would have to abandon all my Carrion Birds and then still be short. I know that it is just nit-picking but it just kind of makes me feel that my Worgen is incomplete. Since we can get all the possible mounts and at least one of every companion pet in game this seems to be something that could be addressed. I am also interested in others views on this as well. I was going to start a thread about this but then saw this one. Good Luck and Happy Hunting