Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Makoes »

we hunters seem to have a driving need to find pets with very unique looks, or effects and find some way of taming pets with desired visual effects. It would be nice to see more pets given visual effects by default rather then through "Clever use if game mechanics". Things along the lines of "on fire", colored mist or glow effects, oily look, things like the chain collar around King Din's neck, the sword in lonehunters head, etc.

We do have the the pick-axe monkeys, monkeys with a fez, the lightning Worgs, the fire turtle, there are pets with ghostly looks, but there are so many families, and we really love having something a bit more...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Kunchong with dual mode please, k ty. http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19636
felica_queens82
Realm: Sentinels

Unread post by felica_queens82 »

Three things I would LOVE forever:
1. More unique black cat skins. There are only a handful of these right now.
2. A giant Siamese hunter cat. It could always be enhanced as Winnas' kitten was....
3. A tameable spirit phoenix, to match the Horde flying mount. Then I would have a matched set: mount, companion, and hunter pet. Might as well have an orange one, too, while you're at it. XD
Hawkeye
Realm: Aggramar

Unread post by Hawkeye »

Spirit Liger.

With all them lions and tigers running around I'm sure there are bound to be mistakes happenin'. ;P
deadman

Unread post by deadman »

Can I has:?

* Yellow/Black skin for wasps that looks like a wasp/bee? Using the outland wasp skeleton, but more realistic non-neon textures >.>;;
* Yellow fur / black face gorilla
* Red/orange dragonhawk w/ flame aura? I would really love to have a phoenix pet, but this would work for me too ^^
(could be a nice change of pace as a spirit beast as well)
* Snail family w/ a racial like: Slime, 30sec CD, Reduce the accuracy of all enemies within 8yds by 10% for 15sec. Numbers are of course, negotiable, but as something like this only tilts the scales of RNG in your favor and has no impact on the pet's DPS, I think it would be fine as is <.<;;
* Sharks! Would be very fun to have pets like sharks, orcas, or threshers that could only be used while swimming... We already have exotic pets which are tagged as "BM ONLY" so why not some that are "in water only"? If added, no more than 1/2 of the new water-families should be exotic, as all specs should get into the fun :3 As far as ability suggestions, how about swim speed or water breathing since we are still missing those buffs and they wouldn't exactly be DPS increases ^^

....Please?
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

felica_queens82 wrote:Three things I would LOVE forever:
1. More unique black cat skins. There are only a handful of these right now.
2. A giant Siamese hunter cat. It could always be enhanced as Winnas' kitten was....
3. A tameable spirit phoenix, to match the Horde flying mount. Then I would have a matched set: mount, companion, and hunter pet. Might as well have an orange one, too, while you're at it. XD

Okay I'm curious. What horde mount is a phoenix?
ImageImage
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

There is no Horde phoenix mount that I know of...unless you're talking about the phoenixes they put in in MoP, which everybody on both sides can do challenge modes to earn, I think. There is also Ashes of A'lar, who is a rare drop off Kael'thas in the Eye, also available to both factions.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

What about the Dark Pheonix guild mount?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

The only suggestions I would have right now would be "linking" some of the untameable beasts with families they should have to be tameable. For example:
-Clefthooves as rhinos
-The other snake model as serpents (I mean, come on, we have arcane wyrms but not that?)
-Various rams as goats (which would also lift the kinda funny restriction of something as common as goats being 85+ only)
-Diemetradons as either crocolisks or basilisks (they're closer to them then arcane wyrms are to serpents, if you ask me)
-Maggots and gyreworms as worms
-Perhaps kunchongs as silithids - they're not actual silithids, but look close enough to them
-Gluth as "undead core hound"?

And so on, you get the drift. Yes, I know Blizzard reps have said in the past they "do not like certain models" to make them tameable. The thing is, we do like those models and would want them as pets.
Obberron
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by Obberron »

1. Mana Wyrms tameable? please?
2. A red colored Arcane Wyrm not hot pink like Acroniss.
3. The raven model needs some work, when he/she is flying around neck is too upright or something just a poor flight animation imo. But really like the pet size and abilities plus goes with my companion pet "Gilneas Raven" and the hunter talent "A Murder of Crows". That is all thank you.
Feldanna
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Feldanna »

Greetings Petopia,

This is my first time posting here although I've used this wonderful site as a resource for a long time now.

I had an idea that I thought I'd post here in case anyone thinks it's interesting. Please forgive me if it's already been suggested.

I've seen people on forums speculating about new spirit beasts. When doing so, many suggestions have been made as to what type of model should be made available as a spirit beast with a very common request being "no more cats."

It occurred to me that perhaps the following suggestion would be an interesting solution:

What if Blizzard created a one time only epic quest line for hunters which allowed them to "upgrade" one of their pets into a spirit beast. The quest could be available to hunters of all three specs with the proviso (for balance reasons) that non beast mastery hunter's pets would not have Spirit Mend, thus essentially making them "cats" when it comes to functionality.

Lorewise, I envision this as a quest line that your pet is embarked on and that you must assist it with. It's been "chosen" or something like that.

It would make for lots of fun and would allow hunters to turn virtually any type of pet model into a spirit beast. Naturally the current spirit beasts would not be eligible for the quest as they've already ascended to spirit beast status.

I would imagine it would be too difficult and time consuming to make any visual changes to all the pets such as making them all spectral or whatever but perhaps, as a simple solution, once the pet has "ascended" it becomes slightly larger and has generic mist coming up from it like the mist that is seen on the dreadsteed and the shadow priest's shadow form for example.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I would love more than anything if you could please, somehow make this skin tameable. Currently, none of the serpent type pets match my Haru. He's currently white but white doesnt scream sun like this beautiful color here does.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/netherdragonyellow.html

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zhinru »

In light of the datamined models from 5.2 PTR, I've seen the new devilsaur world boss and would like to ask for tamable version. For example, a level 90 non-elite (or elite if you must) "Spawn of Oondasta".

Also, an old request I forgot previously. A tamable panda bear.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Dear whoever this ''Lurker'' may be. . .

As a hunter, I wish to hunt down my foes and consume their souls straight from their living bodies. I also wish to then, and only then, to harvest every element that their miserable fleshy corpse is made out of, and them condense it into a cube of life elements and create new life. Life superior to my foes, in every way imaginable.

Just kidding. . .
For things I want in ze game, simply go here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19958
My ideas aren't the best, really, however feel free to send em' off to Blizzards designing team and have them put in the game if you so choose. And yes, it's still being finished, however I'll try to get it finished quickly enough.
Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

ZoMbIe BeAr still undead. =(

Bring it to life! It deserves to live again!

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Galahandra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Galahandra »

I'd love a tameable Armadillo!

With spirit beasts, they should do one to replicate Xuen/Chi'Ji/Yulon/Niuzao I think, would be amazing :D
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zhinru »

I know the art team probably doesn't have enough time to get those done in 5.2, but you know what I'd love in either Isle of Giants or another dinosaur island? Sauropods.

Let's call them Whiptails (because they have long, thin tails). Around the island, you'd find nests full of cracked eggs and "Whiptail Hatchlings", which are the size of human player characters. Then you'd have just "Whiptails" wandering around, which are the size of a devilsaur. And finally, the "Ancient Whiptail". A positively titanic sauropod who's essentially the Fel Reaver of the island. Like all the other whiptails, he's not aggressive but proves dangerous by other means. In his path there's a lot of destructible trees that he tramples upon approach, which makes a lot of noise and alerts you to his presence. If you fail to run away and get inside his enormous hitbox, you get "Trampled" debuff, which does enough damage to kill a tank in 10 seconds.

They don't even have to be tameable. I just want to see giant sauropods wandering with all the other dinos.
deadpuppies
Realm: skullcrusher

Unread post by deadpuppies »

Stinky and Precious made tameable would be awesome. Also the Blue undead Zombie Bear. We have undead hunters....it would be great to have more undead pets. Spirit Beast Raptor and Quillen. Also The Spirit Beast Crane skin. How about making pets differ from each other by creating quests for pet armor? If a lock pet can have a weapon it wouldn't be to crazy an idea to give a pet armor sets.

With that said Im not sure where to post this but I think it would be a great idea to create a set of armor that made you look like you were wearing spirit beast gear. Maybe a tribute to Orion the Hunter? With all the constellation drakes running around it may be nice to have a star system set. Make you look similar to Algalon the observer from Ulduar.

Just some suggestions.
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

I just want the maggot and toothed worms tamable again in all their colors.
I tell you, I dislike worms, the looks they have just ugh. and I also dislike the silkworm look.

But the tooth worms... them.. THEY I fell in love with as soon as I found the red one was tamable. They look so freaking amazing I grabbed it fast, and got the maggot one on my lower hunter.. just cause.

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Not even pet related, but come on. Infinite dragon whelpling was a tease, Blizz. I would really, really, reeeeeally like my bronze whelpling now. The bronze are sort of my favorite flight and the fact I can't have an itty bitty bronze trailing my characters around makes me sad. :c

I'd even farm till the end of days for the little bastard!