Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I think we all need to have bronze whelplings randomly appear and disappear in our pet journal, for mysterious reasons!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

GormanGhaste wrote:I think we all need to have bronze whelplings randomly appear and disappear in our pet journal, for mysterious reasons!
That would both be adorable and immensely distressing.

"I love you bronze whel--you left me again--oh wait, no you're back I still love you--DON'T LEAVE ME. :C"

It'd be like that movie I never watched, the Timetraveler's Wife or something?
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Infinite dragon flight mounts! Those epoch hunters, and that boss from "Escape from durnhold" dungeon, they are awesome looking! we have a bronze drake, so why not one of the corrupted ones?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Makoes wrote:Infinite dragon flight mounts! Those epoch hunters, and that boss from "Escape from durnhold" dungeon, they are awesome looking! we have a bronze drake, so why not one of the corrupted ones?
If we wait enough the bronze drake might get corrupted:)
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

Let us have a devilsaur spirit beast with the same effects used on the echo of kros mob. it looks so well and its the way all spirit pets need to be because you dont see teeth or eyes through any other part of the model its got the ghostly effect perfected finally!
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

Id like to see a spirit beast wind serpent. I also want one (of both main world and outland model) be a battle pet. For a long time they had been one of my fav pet models. Come on a snake with wings? That shoots lightning? Frig ya.

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Twila wrote:Id like to see a spirit beast wind serpent. I also want one (of both main world and outland model) be a battle pet. For a long time they had been one of my fav pet models. Come on a snake with wings? That shoots lightning? Frig ya.
That would be ....AWESOME! http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2645

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Makoes wrote:Infinite dragon flight mounts! Those epoch hunters, and that boss from "Escape from durnhold" dungeon, they are awesome looking! we have a bronze drake, so why not one of the corrupted ones?
Murozond mount, YES PLEASE! I absolutely love that model. I wanted a mount version ever since I first saw it released. Before it existed I too wanted an Infinite Drake mount.
vriiska
Realm: steamwheedle cartel US

Unread post by vriiska »

Since we are on the subject..Infinite Proto Drake.

Always loved that inverted scheme, especially on the End Time boss! Perhaps someday we get to witness some dead-end time line, filled with tameable, infinite corrupted creatures.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

As I've been trying to collect battle pets from Karazhan, I've flown over poor old Broken Tooth in the Badlands quite a few times. Poor old fellow looks almost forgotten down there, thanks to his flashier-skinned cousins. Do you think maybe he could have either the unused gold or brown sabercat skin, as a sort of a nod to his former glory?

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Yangshu
Realm: Hellscream-US

Unread post by Yangshu »

My Forsaken hunter desperately wants a Hillsbrad bear with eggs on - they make me throw up a little in my mouth whenever I look at them, so of course they belong in her collection of undead/diseased pets.

I like that we now have arcane wyrms in the Serpent family, but I would still love tameable "real" snakes - they're all over WoW already. I have so many python and boa minipets; a full-size one would be awesome!

More hoofed pets would be nice too, especially gazelles and giraffes.
jan98
Realm: Earthen Ring (EU)

Unread post by jan98 »

I always liked the demon dogs looks, but in my personal opinion they are a bit small in size.
Would love to see them a little bigger like the mastiffs or what is appropiate or acceptable size for a demon dog.
I don't mean really big but somewhat bigger than the size they currently are.
I alway found them interesting as a pet, but because of their small stature I've been hesitant about having a demon dog around all the time.

Anyone thinking they are a bit small how they currently are ? or is it just me who thinks that ?
I am however, as everybody else, very grateful that we have such a large selection of pets.

I hope I haven't posted something that was already posted, to my knowledge I haven't read about the size of the demon dogs before.
But correct me if I'm wrong and if you think the size of the demon dogs are okay then I will respect that of course.
swordoath
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by swordoath »

Here's a couple of things I've been thinking about that pertain specifically to tamable beasts. First, this may have been mentioned, but I'd like to see wild Rams (and possibly Talbuks as well, if generosity strikes) included in the Goat family. I personally prefer them immensely to the Pandaria Goats, and I feel like the family needs a bit of variety.

I'd also like to see the Rhino family expanded into something that can include Clefthooves and possibly also Kodos -- maybe rename the family "Pack Beasts" or something similar? Again, mostly to add variance to an underdeveloped pet family. They don't need to be their own families as there aren't enough of them on their own to make substantial variety, but adding them to a given family would make for a nice boost of options for Hunters with discerning taste.

EDIT: If possible, could the Devilsaurs using the new skin be fixed up a little bit? I tamed a few Young Primal Devilsaurs on the Isle of Giants today and found them to be ... I guess "incomplete" is the word. They've got a giant targeting circle, their steps don't make noise and they don't have an idle roar like the old world pets in this family do. I love their look, but I'm hesitant to use one because I dislike these issues. I seem to recall the old world 'saurs having similar issues when they first became tamable, so hopefully the fix is already in the system somewhere.

Credit for awesome signature to the awesome Vephriel

jan98

Unread post by jan98 »

I have a somewhat strange request or wish I think, but still interesting in my opinion. Unless it is a bit outrageous ! :D

My request or wish would be like a color slider for tameable pets, to finetune the colors or choose the colors of your pet by sliding a bar or something. I use as example a tameable pandaren tiger.
It would be very awesome if you could change the colors of the stripes separately from the color of the rest of the fur.
I would love to have a blue pandaren tiger with white stripes.
Lore wise you could have explanations of why a tamed pet is different in color compared to animals in the wild.

If not possible with color selection or a slider, maybe with certain "new" pet foods introduced in Warlords of Draenor!
For example, you give your pet somekind of blueberry and your pet turns blue until you give it a different kind of food.
So if you wish a yellow cat, you give your pet somekind of food that has a yellow appearance and your pet turns yellow with black stripes or yellow with red stripes if you give it another kind of yellow food.

The food would be then of course a special kind of food, either sold by a vendor or even a questline that rewards special kinds of pet foods that can change your pets appearance, but only the colors.
And there could be maybe a cooldown applied, so that you can't change colors too often.
Lore wise or story wise you could have an explanation of why the certain foods changes the color of your pet and the cooldown could be explained as well.

Okay, just an thought. I hope it is not too, ehm, outrageous! :D
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

jan98 wrote:It would be very awesome if you could change the colors of a tamed pet, maybe with certain "new" pet foods introduced in Warlords of Draenor!
The food would be then of course a special kind of food, either sold by a vendor or even a quest line that rewards special kinds of pet foods that can change your pets appearance, but only the colors.
And there could be maybe a cool-down applied, so that you can't change colors too often.
This is a fun idea! It would also be an interesting way to apply special auras to pets. Back in the day, cooking was especially useful for hunters, so it would be great to be able to cook up some of these.
jan98

Unread post by jan98 »

GormanGhaste wrote:This is a fun idea! It would also be an interesting way to apply special auras to pets. Back in the day, cooking was especially useful for hunters, so it would be great to be able to cook up some of these.
Indeed! Your idea of using cooking for this is also a very good idea. Gives an extra dimension to cooking as well !

Anyway, I'm very grateful to what we already can do in the game, for instance choosing the pet to be cunning, tenacity or ferocity. I really like this very much.
I hope we are not asking too much of our lurker :D But I respect that not everything we want will be available. But there's no harm in suggesting I think :) .
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think the cooking treats are a really fun idea! :)

As a general reminder, we can tweet our "lurker" directly now on Twitter if you have any ideas for WoD! He's been looking for feedback.
https://twitter.com/muffinus
Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

I see Hydra's are coming...no new news on my, I mean the, Zombie bear becoming tamable yet?

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Reviving an old thread just to piteously beg for Ji-Kun Fledgelings as pets. BEARDED VULTURE RAPTORS. ;_;

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Crocolisk mount, surf it, normal land mount speed, turtle mount swim speed......yeah :D :mrgreen: