Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Lisaara »

Been trying to post this on the official forums but for some reason, it never shows up.
As someone that's played a hunter since BC, camping a rare has always been a thing. Back when Northrend was current in WotLK, I could understand the long timers. New things often are a bit harder to come by and the servers were all separate. After WotLK came Cata and CRZ became a thing. This made rares with longer timers much harder to obtain because there was more competition. However, CRZ allowed realm hopping, but that was a double edged sword. On one hand, you had more places to look for your pet of choice. On the other, you're taking it from a native of the server that may want it. Now, as it currently stands, there's some new server process where many servers are mixed together so no one is on an empty world.

I propose, for this very reason, to lower the spawn timers of the Northrend rares. It's bad enough Loque, Aotona, and Krush are on the list for an achievement of kills (Frostbitten) and drop transmog items. It's worse now with CRZ and the new system. Now, I don't want them to be constantly spawning, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask them to be 1 - 4 hours or 2 - 6 hours rather than their current 6 - 16 hours.

~~~~~~~~

Some things I'm sure to get and have seen before, so I'm answering ahead of time.

"But camping is a challenge!"

A challenge of what, exactly? Sitting at the screen for hours? That's not a challenge to me. I loved the introduction to challenge tames whether it's doing something special to get them or tracking their footprints. Camping, however, is not a challenge. It's a waste of time.

"Camping makes you love the pet more!"

That's a matter of opinion. My bonds with my pets have been based on different things.

Ex: Tak the Leaper on my BE hunter is special because he was the first rare I ever tamed. Loque is special because of his roar and his rich lore with the trolls as Harkoa's mate. A simple brown wolf from Nagrand is special to my worgen hunter cause she named it after Prince Liam Greymane.

I'm sure it differs for everyone, really. Me, I don't bond because I stared at a screen for hours on end.

"But camping has been around forever!"

I'm sure it has, but times change. Long camps should be a thing of the past and after speaking with the many hunters that have been crowding the basin with me, many agree that lowering the spawn timer would be ideal. One or two even suggested lower it to 30 minutes, which I'm not against, but I felt the ones I listed were more reasonable while keeping them 'rare'.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I would love for the lightning dire worgs (ex: this one) to be implemented and made tamable. The non-lightning ones are nice, but their eyes look a little derpy due to being aimed sideways rather than forward. The glowing eyes on the lightning models don't have this issue, however, plus they look super cool!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

For these to be made tameable- Shieldscar Doe, Ebonclaw Worg, Tormented Shadowrunner and Sinister Leyrunner. (Tormented Shadowrunner and Sinister Leyrunner would always be with my hunter) maybe one day.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

The new fox model is really pretty and it'd be fab if it was available somewhere; I don't necessarily want to lose the old models though so that'd be a tough call to make. I suppose it'd have to be a rare/vignette somewhere; possibly even Volpin himself since he's said to be the last of his kind if I recall correctly.

(Sadly, the Volpin that shows up on the questline to get the mount isn't actually tameable, though having to choose between a pretty pet and a pretty mount would have been an agonizing decision so I'm sort of glad, haha)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

Hybrids pet family.

the family contains owlcats, hippogryphs, gryphon's, wyverns and possibly the unicorns (half horse half stag/goat?)

possible exotic...

But com on Rexxar has leokk i want one of these and have wanted hippogryphs since i got mauled by one in feralas back in vanilla.

possible ability double attack your hybrid attacks with both its species confusing your target for x seconds.

I dunno really i just want my hippogryph to charge in to battle with me!

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I would really love it if tallstriders could get their cute bouncy run back someday! I was tooling around with one the other day and realized how much I miss that run. They just don't feel the same to me. :(

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Please Blizzard!!! Please!

Not good at making sad eyes

These guys make such gorgeous pets!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I really try to stay appreciative, and as such, stay away from feeling like I'm begging, but I would LOVE tamable giraffes/longnecks and Unicorns. It seems really odd to me that Stags/Moose/Talbuks/Antelope/Yak/Oxen/etc. are all horned, hoofed creatures that we can tame and befriend, but Unicorns and giraffes don't qualify. Another that falls in the same category are rams. Why oh why aren't these in the goat family??

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

zedxrgal wrote:Please Blizzard!!! Please!

I am in total agreement on this. I remember stepping into Val'Sharah for the first time and actually gasping when I saw my first unicorn in game. I was heartbroken when Beast Lore informed me they were unattainable as pets.

I'd also like to resubmit my petition for Rams, Frogs, Gryphons, Hippogryphs, and Wyverns as tamable beasts. I'm saving space in my stables for them on various hunters. Yep, still saving space ... since Cata. Just so you know that Blizzard ;)
Last edited by Niabi on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Mounting Made Easy is by far the worst quest ever. Any lag and the line breaks, the server stutters and I have to start the 30min timer over AGAIN! :| Not doing this this till the DDOS stops. :mrgreen:

Adyrawr
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Adyrawr »

zedxrgal wrote:Please Blizzard!!! Please!

Not good at making sad eyes

Please, I know they are the same as the feral druid secret artifact skin -- but I need one, I need one for my baby owlkitten too. :C Please. Q_Q

I'd love to see an 'Equine' family that includes Coursers, Zhevras, and even Wild Horses. T____T

signature made by yours truly.

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Please, please bring this to the attention of someone who can give an official response on the official forums. Many players want a true reenabling of the "view old character models" option. This was available from the introduction of the new models in 2014 up to the Legion prepatch last July. The tick box is still there, but only functions to toggle between low res and high res textures on player models, which are hard set to the new ones. Links to relevant posts on the official forums are in the following thread:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747434783

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Some ideas I've no doubt suggested before :)

Please make Frogs/toads tameable.
Please make Penguins tameable.
Please make Pythons tameable.

Can we please get a new model for Seagulls? Please?
Please split the toucans and macaws types into their own Parrot family?
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
zedxrgal

Kayb wrote:Please make Pythons tameable.
I dearly want pythons to be tamable but Blizzard had already stated they never would be because they do not have a mouth. Same with the new fox mount model. They would have to rework the model to give them a functioning mouth. Which is a real shame and head scratcher as to why they weren't created with a working mouth in the first place. :?

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

If we sacrifice x number of level 25 Hungering Claws, our Fathom Dwellers become flying mounts.
zedxrgal

Not sure we have a lurker(s) anymore but ...................................
I'm am constantly broken hearted when I run SoO and the Kor'kron armored wolves aren't tamable. This is a pet a wish for.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I've already sent in a bug report (though this has been a problem for a few years now), but- please fix Zaricotl's beautiful wings!

The lighting on them is super glitchy and broken and it breaks my heart, because this skin is gorgeous but looks just flat out weird with patchwork lighting on the wings.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moonguard

Unread post by Jatbirkkal »

... I just want the sea lion/seals to be tameable. I feel like, out of everything, they wouldn't really be too much work to implement; they appear to be fully fleshed out models as far as land and water animations go, they have attack animations and whatnot, and they're honestly fairly common as far as things go so I don't think it'd be that bad to have them available.

Also the Nighthold scorpids, but those apparently have some technical issues which make it difficult so I can understand if they're not added as pets any time soon, if at all.

Thanks to Vephriel for this awsome sig

"One day, this Hydra WILL be mine! I hope"- Me, before hydras were tameable.

This lovely Shale Spider used as my Avatar is made by Lupis <3
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Gimlion wrote:Another that falls in the same category are rams. Why oh why aren't these in the goat family??
Rams are one of the beasts I've longed to tame since I started playing pre-BC and ran across one. To be honest, it's the one beast I always check to see if it's tameable yet every time I stumble upon it. Maybe someday that dream will come true. ;) They may be an old model, but they stunning. I would absolutely LOVE to see them added to the goat family. I'd tame one in a heart beat! ♥
zedxrgal wrote:Not sure we have a lurker(s) anymore but ...................................
I'm am constantly broken hearted when I run SoO and the Kor'kron armored wolves aren't tamable. This is a pet a wish for.
These would be the other beasts I always can't help but check to see if they're tameable yet. Such a stunning armored wolf model! They'd match the mount so perfectly too. ♥

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

bufferunderrun
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by bufferunderrun »

I think one of the things we seriously lack is heavy armored pets, for example boars with the armored mount skin (both normal and fel corrupted), also due to legion we lack more fel corrupted variants; i expected to see a plethora of them due to demons invading everywhere but strangely not even the boars, wolfs, hellhounds can be found around BI.