normal or special?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lotokoth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: shu'halo Horde

normal or special?

Unread post by Lotokoth »

some pet skins are common and the same skins might be rare. For example i tamed takk the leaper: http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mo ... eaper.html and theres the same skin but a common pet: http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mo ... alker.html. Even though its the same look and pet i think the thrill of finding and taming takk makes him a better pet then the common ones from WC. What do you guys think?
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: normal or special?

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I guess I both agree and disagree. Sometimes the challenge of the hunt is really engaging, or I want a specific pet skin ASAP and the only lower-level versions of that skin are rares (like Snort the Heckler, for example).

But in other cases I'm just lazy and want the look, not the rare. Especially now that they don't have elite tags anymore, since it's not like anybody but me would know who the pet was anyway.

Mostly it depends on my mood the day I tame XD

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mm, I agree with VelkynKarma. ^^

I completely understand going after a Rare mob even when there's other regulars with the exact same skin. *You* know that you went and scoped out the rare, so it's more special to you.

However, sometimes I just fall in love with a specific appearance, and if I can't get a rare until a higher level, I'll settle for the 'common'. :)
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

After all, if it is a common pet you decide to tame over a rare elite with the same skin, you can always give your pet a name that a rare would have like Takk or close to it and no one would ever know the difference.
bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

well the only thing i can say is that it is worth it, because everytime u bring him/her (ur choice he or she) u will remember wat u done to get that little special pet. (off the subject a lil) I think they should mark after u tame the beast that it is a Rare or an Elite, kind of like what they done with The Beast in BRS (upper) they gave him the (Boss) and Skull lvl Tags which is soooooo cool cause u get asked by so many other hunters "how did u do that with ur pet" or Where did u get that pet" Suggestion tho :P

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Yeah they used to leave the tags in until recently. I miss it. Even though Jia (my Scarlet Tracking Hound) wasn't any stronger than a regular hyena, it was still pretty cool to have the 'elite' tag on him. :(

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

VelkynKarma wrote:Yeah they used to leave the tags in until recently. I miss it. Even though Jia (my Scarlet Tracking Hound) wasn't any stronger than a regular hyena, it was still pretty cool to have the 'elite' tag on him. :(

~VelkynKarma
Let's also not forget people (like a hunter friend of mine on one of my old servers) that went through the trouble of taming The Beast from UBRS. There's no way to tell the boss apart from a normal MC corehound now without asking the hunter them self. :/

As for the topic, I can be too impatient sometimes to tame a certain look so I tend to go towards the common ones. Although I do like a good challenging tame now and then. Some pets I personally feel are worth the wait. Such as my pretty blue tiger Rak'shiri. I could just go out and do the quest to summon Shy... But where's the fun in that? Such a pretty pet deserves patience to tame. (Besides, at least Rak isn't so heavily camped these days.) :)

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Vephriel

Actually, The Beast is the only pet left that retains its unique Boss status and ?? level. We have a thread about him somewhere here, a few of us have gone and tamed him for that reason alone. ^^
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Skyshot »

Ooh didn't know that. That will be some good news for a new hunter buddy of mine in RL.
He's had his sights set on The Beast (and his "Boss" tag after tame) since he made his hunter. Hehe :)

<My whelps - My Dragons>
-Calvin and Hobbes

Vephriel

Hee, yeah it's definitely awesome. :D Just hope it doesn't get nerfed in the future.

Here's the thread about him:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Skyshot »

Awesome I'll definitely have to point him towards that topic. Aught to help him a bunch. :D Thanks!

<My whelps - My Dragons>
-Calvin and Hobbes