PvP pets?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

PvP pets?

Unread post by Dakonic »

Wich pet would be best for pvp? Right now i have a spider as my pvp pet and someones i take louqe, i was thinking about trading the spider for a chimera to see how that goes but i dont know. =]
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Gala
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: PvP pets?

Unread post by Gala »

I just recently got into hunter pvp, so here is my 2 cents.

In WSG, i have become a fantastic flag defender with a Hyena. They do tendon rip, which slows things down. Throw that on top of concussive shot and wing clip, and nothing is getting far.

For AB and others, i use an Owl for snatch, which does scratch damage, on top of disarming for 6-9 seconds.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Spider, Ravager, Chimaera, and my favorite, Ravager.

All great PvP pets. Take whatever you want. Spider stops flag carriers, as does the Ravager, the Chimaera is great for kiting, and the Ravager is devastating for casters.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

I'd vote for spider, crab, hyena or silithid.

Spiders and silithids are good in that they have a ranged web attack. Crabs pin ability is melee range, but you can teach it charge, and thunderstomp and such.
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Dakonic »

thanks =], ive had a hyena and a ravager before they were great! i dont know though there not my favorites... haha i cant choose maybe if they made some hecka awesome looking ravager id get one =] im trying to get Nuramoc but no luck so far.
Image Image Image Image
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

I use my very first pet, a Spider (FatCharlie) as my PVP pet.
Gigglemonsta
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'thul

Unread post by Gigglemonsta »

I tried a few pvp pets, but my favourite has to be Gondria the spirit beast :) Impossible to see (particularly in AV or AB with the fog :D).

Sometimes raw dps is all thats needed :D That with being BM and having Intimidation the stun on a 1 minute cooldown means that having a pvp pet isnt a huge issue.

Im not a hardcore pvp'er however, I just do the occasional BG and I enjoy duels :)

One thing I like about being BM, is the ability to blow bestial wrath/rapidfire/call of the wild/berserking/trinkets etc etc (I have a big nuke macro), with intimidation, and being able to burst people down before they realize whats going on.

One tip for duelling stealthers with a spirit beast :) Put track hidden on, and put your pet on aggressive. Your pet will find the rogue before you can even see it, and range it (30 yard range) with the spirit strike dot, breaking their stealth! Makes for some good $^)^)$%@#% from rogues :D

That said, I have heard that Chimera's are really fast with Dive, and both slow with frost, and dps with fire at the same time! One of my hunter friends also tried a crab with pinch, this seemed to work well too :D
*Gigglemonsta - Proud owner of all four Spirit Beasts :) /giggle *
Thanks to Saturo for the signature
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Dakonic »

OH i know i love doing htat to rogues, alot of them on my server get realy mad and say i cheated =P i was wanting to get Skoll for a pvp buddy but i havent found him yet,i dont have enough stable slots to get gondria and hte other spirit beasts, i have 3 pets i absolutley will not get rid of, two of them are untamable now (ghost hydra, Gezzarak the huntress), and i wont get rid of louqe =]
Image Image Image Image
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Good idea about the nuke macro, I'll have to try it.

I think the hyenas are pretty sweet because their slow ability (tendon rip) does damage, slows for 50% speed for 6 seconds, and has a short cooldown. You can pair that with wing clip and concussive shot to keep someone slowed a long time.

If you're BM, chimaeras could be another good choice, though I've never tried one. Then you can opt for pets that just waste people, like Devilsaurs (again, if you're BM).

I tend to go for pets that have short cooldowns, hence my suggestions above. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Gigglemonsta
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'thul

Unread post by Gigglemonsta »

celestial88 wrote:OH i know i love doing htat to rogues, alot of them on my server get realy mad and say i cheated =P i was wanting to get Skoll for a pvp buddy but i havent found him yet,i dont have enough stable slots to get gondria and hte other spirit beasts, i have 3 pets i absolutley will not get rid of, two of them are untamable now (ghost hydra, Gezzarak the huntress), and i wont get rid of louqe =]
Skoll in a BG is not good :( Everyone targets him! Its like they go OMFG THERES SKOLL ALL ATTACK!!! He does stand out a lot though!

Gondria seems to be better as most players are too lazy to bother to try and click on him as hes almost invisible on the move!
*Gigglemonsta - Proud owner of all four Spirit Beasts :) /giggle *
Thanks to Saturo for the signature
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Dakonic »

Ive tried snarler out and his black coloring is great in warsong! he hardly gets attacked and he is pretty good and taking enemys down.
Image Image Image Image
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I like taking any of my pets in, but I do find I chose the ones that slow or delay the flag carrier in the games that have flag retrieval. My favorites are Ravager, hyena, and spider. Crab is another that holds a player, but since their pinch is channeled, it can be knocked off. For Flag protection, I use just about any pet I have... my current favorite at the time.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Dakonic »

Im going with chimera since there FrostStorm breath slows the target down, and i love the outland skins.
Image Image Image Image
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

From experience, these are the ones that do it for me;

Owl; For the "OH SH-T" factor. You're not able to do much if your weapon is gone.
Cat/Spirit Beast; The DoT killed more hordies than I can remember. It's so terribly embarassing to die from a SCRATCH/LASER after what did it is dead.
Sporebat; That AoE, if placed in a choke point like the bridges in AV or the tunnels in WSG, can REALLY make a difference in 10 seconds.
Tallstrider; Guaranteed miss. HOW CAN THAT NOT SAVE YOU?

Spiders and Silithids are obsolete. Too many ways to escape snares and such now, and there's also diminishing returns.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I use a Bird of Prey for PvP (Sometimes my cat and spirit beast) as well. Their snatch ability is actually quite nice against Ret Paladins, Arms/Fury Warriors and even rogues. It's not that useful for fighting casters, but a nice disarm for about 5 to 7 seconds can help.

Crabs are good pets, Spiders as well, but I really prefer the bird. XD

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Bikutandabis
Realm: Nazgrel, (US), Lightbringer (EU)

Unread post by Bikutandabis »

My baby level 22 Hunter uses a spider in WSG.

The only pvp my 80 does is Wintergrasp, and there I take whatever I fancy, usually Gondria.
Bikutanda aka Birdienumnum, Bikutandabis
US Nazgrel
EU Lightbringer