Cat yawn silencer

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Re: Cat yawn silencer

Unread post by 7seti »

The list of sound scripts on WoW Interface has been updated for Cataclysm, so it should now be possible to mute new sound effects like the shale spider "squee".

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... Wrath.html

Some sounds are harder to find than others. You'll need to search for likely keywords, and paste the scripts into a macro in-game to test if it's the right one. Thaddius is easy enough:

Sound\\Creature\\Thaddius\\Thad_Naxx_Lamnt01.ogg
Sound\\Creature\\Thaddius\\Thad_Naxx_Lamnt02.ogg
Sound\\Creature\\Thaddius\\Thad_Naxx_Lamnt03.ogg
Sound\\Creature\\Thaddius\\Thad_Naxx_Lamnt04.ogg

The sparklepony does not have unique flap sounds, though. You'll just have to search for "flap" and test each one, which could take a while :|
Caedarva

Unread post by Caedarva »

Since we're going to be able to tame Hydras in the foreseeable future, could you kindly pinpoint the Hydra "Grunt?"

It's the one sound I haven't been able to tolerate ever. :( I had a Spirit of Atha back when, and the constant grunting it did while idle drove me to keep it stabled and eventually abandon it (wish I'd never done that).

EditEdit: Found hydra. /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Hydra\\mHydraStand2A.ogg") .. so just assuming change the file name to mHydraStand2A.wav ?

Edit: Also, what's the Devilsaur Aggro/idle -RAWR- sound? :|

EditEditEdit: Found the Succubus one for the person that mentioned it earlier.
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Succubus\\SuccubusStand2A.ogg")
7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 7seti »

Patch 4.33 has changed the way sound files work in WoW, making the sounds audible again. See the OP for a fix.
Skulhamr
Realm: Trollbane

Unread post by Skulhamr »

Here is the extracted yawn and slobber sound if you still want to edit it. It is, of course, in ogg format.

I have a couple of solutions on Curse.com that deal with pet sounds. Core Hound Lava Sound Quieter mutes the hunter-pet Core Hound's annoying lava boiling sound so you can keep some of your sanity while hunting or strutting around town with your flaming pet. Core Hound Pup Quieter mutes the strange barking that the companion pet does when he's playing. To install you simply unzip the files into your World of Warcraft folder and the "Sound" folder will be created along with the appropriate files.

No need to worry that any game files are affected by these solutions. When the game is running it looks to see if there is a folder called "Sound" under the "Data" folder. If there is, the game looks in that folder and plays any sound it finds there in place of the one in the game. If you ever want to restore the original sounds, simply delete the "Sound" folder under "Data" and presto, you're back to where you started.

-Skulhamr of Trollbane
-Skulshock.com
Attachments
mTigerStand2A.zip
(19.5 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 7seti »

Patch 8.1 has meddled with the folder structure. Just move the "Sound" folder into the new "_retail_" folder to get this working again.

This addon is now on Curse, so if it breaks again check there for updates: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/cat-yawn-silencer