[Complete Guide] How to Tame, and What to Tame - A full list

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Re: [Complete Guide] How to Tame, and What to Tame - A full

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Zwiggy wrote:think about it blizzard read this website they now know how this is done and dont be suprised when they fix it. Pets are not ment to be on fire or have swords sticking out of the heads the fact they can keep any buff is an exploit and will be considerd so. If blizzard really want the mobs to keep the effects they would make them keep it after a tame like the spirit beasts and the ghost pets.
And you're bragging about pets you're taming with a DPS boost, slight difference to cosmetic changes. Oil Warg has been out and about for a while now and untouched because it does not effect gameplay in any way, shape or form. You're chasing ones that will be slammed down pretty damn hard for very obvious reasons then going, look at how awesome I am :D

So seriously, you have no excuse. Stop chasing after the ones that start to effect actual gameplay while pointing at others saying they started it.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: manny

Unread post by Zwiggy »

Enrage on chrom lasts an houer btw not endless
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Zwiggy wrote:Enrage on chrom lasts an houer btw not endless
That makes no real difference, you are still taming for a DPS buff temporary or not. It still should NOT be touched under any circumstance. That is exactly what Blizzard yoinks for and you're parading around about it.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Zwiggy »

you can tell me as much as you like not to do it but i pointed it out it is a problem and it will be fixed so i wouldent get too attached to these pets untill blizzard have found a way to solve it. I can see them doing the following:

Making pets with DPS buffs not tamable at all.
Just making it impossible to tame pets like this.
Make it so its not possible to tame this way and allow beasts with visuals to keep aurs after tame
Allow hunters with visuals to keep them and just fix the problem.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Agreed. Blizzard can and has been lenient about COSMETIC pet appearances before. People were able to keep their ghost wolves and Gezzerak's before they were retired, even though they were obviously not meant to be tamed at the time. As long as they function like the actual pets they're supposed to be, it's fine. As Araimodasu mentioned, the oil-coated worg has also been around for several patches now and Blizzard is DEFINITELY aware of that one for sure. Again, it's cosmetic; there's no advantage or disadvantage given to a player for taming something that merely looks different, so it's fine. I don't think Blizzard will mind.

IF, however, taming a pet in a way that technically wasn't meant to be tamed creates an unexpected increase in dps that the pet family was not meant to have, Blizzard WILL put a stop to this exploit, probably by putting down the method entirely.

So don't ruin this for everybody else, please. Appearances are one thing; bugging the game to gain an advantage not meant to be had is another thing entirely.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Zwiggy »

your missing the point the fact is i have pointed out an oppitunity to hack and as we all know blizzard are picky about some of the beast looks we tame thats why we lost the grimtotem spiritguide as a tamable pet same for the wolf / worgan shape shifter. Blizz wont want us taming pets like this and they will do somthing about it now its out in the open.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Thats not the point. You are still grabbing a pet specifically for a DPS increase THUS a game exploit as it benefits you and whomever you are grouped with which is completely unlike cosmestic looks.

Gezz was broken (No buffs/heals and perhaps something else could be used) and they took her off taming for a while, Spirit Guide was never meant to be tamed so it got yoinked just like Croco-slide/Hydralisk. Garwal was not only a humanoid mob but a soon to be playable character race. They were very specfic reasons they got yoinked and notably, not a single one was because someone tried to play with a DPS boost while prancing around declaring for all to see.

Oil stained Warg is still here and notably it's a visual so they left it. No amount of justification can make what YOU are doing right as that sure as heck isn't a boar on fire that acts like every other boar you could tame.

-

Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Zwiggy »

stop posting and think ok this guy has said hes going to tame a boss when he gets his buff so he can keep it. Blizzard wont think to themselves its ok they are only doing it for visuals no they will think there is a potential for imbalance here hunters are getting pets in a way we did not intend and keeping traits from the creatues from before it was tamed. And the fact you keep telling me not to do it proves you know im right and you just dont want blzzard to remove this exploit.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

The point is that if Blizzard is going to remove the exploit, we might as well talk about the visual effect on the pets. By telling people what they *can* tame, you will be making it all the more important for it to be seen as an exploit, plus you are risking your own account by showing that you are taming things in an exploitable way.

In addition, by saying it out loud here, you are making more people aware of it, and thus while Blizzard is working on fixing it, you've now got tons of people taming massive DPS increase pets rather than just one or two who are smart enough to think for themselves. What will Blizzard do to fix this exploit? It's likely not a 'hotfix' situation. However, taking 'Tame Pet' temporarily off the bar ,as an example, is.

So as others said, stop ruining it for the rest of us.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

You know, I'll stop. My head hurts.

Final note on this particular comment string, I ain't a Hunter in fact my main as stated in my signature is a druid, oh no that broke the theory.

-

Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

Ziggy, the DIFFERENCE is, if we have fun with the cosmetics, and blizz finds out, they will let us keep them, <- they have done this many times.
If they find out, and read stuff like you are posting, They will whipe everything we did. <- this happened many times too.

Since you are the only one posting this kind of stuff you are probably ruining it, so yes there IS a difference.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I really dont find this to be an exploit, I mean if an enrage affect stayed that boosted the pets AP and made it do more DMG when we did this I could see the problem. But they don't they simply look cool, and if they will let ppl like me who tamed a crocolisk that looks like a slime I'm sure they aren't going to care if we have pets on fire/covered in oil or look ghostly. :mrgreen:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

To be honest, it seems kind of impossible for him to have tamed Chromaggus with any sort of dps buff. He would need a tank and/or a healer and either maintain full threat on Chrom, or pull aggro from a tank. No offense, but instead of arguing with him about "ruining" this for us, just kind of think about the reality of it actually happening. Not to mention, he provided no screenshots or actual proof that he tamed Chrom with this buff. I'm pretty positive that it was a troll post to try and deter people from wanting visual effects or some such thing.

I'm a little cautious of over-doing the pets with effects things myself, but I wouldn't purposely try and stop people from taming them as I own one and it seems Blizzard might be okay with it. But anyway, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to tame Chromaggus in such a way without being more trouble than it's worth.

And we all know the golden rule of the internet: Screenshot or no proof.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

Rawr, it does, it deals 20% more for an hour and he is bragging about it and exploiting it. that is the problem here.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Griffley wrote:Ziggy, the DIFFERENCE is, if we have fun with the cosmetics, and blizz finds out, they will let us keep them, <- they have done this many times.
If they find out, and read stuff like you are posting, They will whipe everything we did. <- this happened many times too.

Since you are the only one posting this kind of stuff you are probably ruining it, so yes there IS a difference.
Thank you, I agree fully Griffley.

Please stop stop trying to pick a fight Ziggy, thats all the last few posts seem to be of yours. This is a friendly community, please act in accordance. There seems to be a motivation to "troll" that is coming out of your posts.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Griffley wrote:Rawr, it does, it deals 20% more for an hour and he is bragging about it and exploiting it. that is the problem here.
May the Blizz Lurker read this post and realize that 98% of this community is NOT for these types of advantages. And perhaps when Blizz gets around to this, they will simply wipe out only the exploitive measures of these pets.

I just love very unique looks and things like this that Griff and Ach have brought out to a Viral Light today. Please Baby Jesus, let them remain :cry:
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If you read my above post, I'm pretty sure his entire schtick is just one big troll.

Golden rule of the internet: Screenshot or no proof. ;P

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Griffley wrote:Rawr, it does, it deals 20% more for an hour and he is bragging about it and exploiting it. that is the problem here.

I demand proof, if it lasts an hour he should have plenty of time to screen shot it, also the Ghostpaws when the glitch is used on them, says they gain "Special Abilities" because of the ghost wolf transformation and they dont have any new abilities or do more DMG than any other wolf their lvl. I think this guy is just yanking our chain. :mrgreen:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Rawr wrote:

I demand proof, if it lasts an hour he should have plenty of time to screen shot it, also the Ghostpaws when the glitch is used on them, says they gain "Special Abilities" because of the ghost wolf transformation and they dont have any new abilities or do more DMG than any other wolf their lvl. I think this guy is just yanking our chain. :mrgreen:
That's basically what I said...but no one listens to me. :cry:

[/center]
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

I listen to you :hug: :mrgreen: