[Complete Guide] How to Tame, and What to Tame - A full list

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: [Complete Guide] How to Tame, and What to Tame - A full

Unread post by Slickrock »

zedxrgal wrote:Here's one of the other threads:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7691
Give me a moment to find the others if they still exist that had blue posts from the Blizzard forums. So far though I cannot find it but I'll keep looking.

Edit: Here is one other one. The largest thread with the heaviest details.
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... &start=560

But the sum up is that if Blizz catches a player attempting to exploit their system and tame a pet with an appearance buff punishment for violation of Terms of Service Blizzard has stated permanent bans can and may be issued.
The pets who were tamed pre-hotfix patch are grandfathered in but if this is kept up those could be changed to normals, the animals removed completely or your account banned. Or all the above.

Also be mindful there are Blizz dev team workers on this forum. :)

Shame that proof was asked for instead of just trusting it what was said. Damn shame.

Ahem...

While they may not want us taming pets with buffs, I'm not sure that either method is a bannable offense. The /petabandon is certainly intentional, and perhaps could be suitable for punishment, but the death timer? If I simply time my tame I'd be banned for that? I don't think so.

But this is turning into the old Ghostwolf discussion. Until Blizz fixes this completely, it will be the haves vs have-nots, with the haves preaching to the others about it being bannable. This happens every time something like this is taken away.
Account has been closed at user's request.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Slickrock wrote:
Ahem...

While they may not want us taming pets with buffs, I'm not sure that either method is a bannable offense. The /petabandon is certainly intentional, and perhaps could be suitable for punishment, but the death timer? If I simply time my tame I'd be banned for that? I don't think so.

But this is turning into the old Ghostwolf discussion. Until Blizz fixes this completely, it will be the haves vs have-nots, with the haves preaching to the others about it being bannable. This happens every time something like this is taken away.
My post is written poorly so allow me to clarify.

I am talking about using the macro /petabandon() only!!! Using that method is against Blizzards TOS.

I have a hard time getting things fully across while bouncing between work and the forums. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Animalius
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Animalius »

I was asking more about the timing tame instead of the abandon pet macro. I just wanted to be more aware of the details. It was not meant in any sense of questioning your word. I figure since my other pets are "godfathered" and might still get changed I can still work on the Ghost Vulture by using the timed tame. I do understand it is use at your own risk but thank you for your fast and outstanding response.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

zedxrgal wrote:I am talking about using the macro /petabandon() only!!! Using that method is against Blizzards TOS.
I'd agree with that.. but it's still not likely a bannable offense unless it's being used to get the pets with the +damage buffs.
Animalius wrote:I was asking more about the timing tame instead of the abandon pet macro. I just wanted to be more aware of the details....I figure since my other pets are "godfathered" and might still get changed I can still work on the Ghost Vulture by using the timed tame.
That is likely still fine to do, if somewhat harder now.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

I am reviving this thread for a Reason,
Appearently the fix only fixed the Macro taming method. the others are still intact.
we tamed oil birds and ghost carrions today successfully with their original methods.

So I changed this first post to what it should be -Today-.
the temporary saved looks on pets they would loose when they die, are no longer by any means obtainable though, because this was only done with the macro.

Happy Hunting all
Once agian back,
~Griffley