[Complete Guide] How to Tame, and What to Tame - A full list

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: [Complete Guide] How to Tame, and What to Tame - A full

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think the Infested Bears were already reported in Acherontia's thread, and that they lose the effect upon death.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Rats, random disease cloud would be pretty neat for my death loving Hunter.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by wildstormz »

Zwiggy wrote:think about it blizzard read this website they now know how this is done and dont be suprised when they fix it. Pets are not ment to be on fire or have swords sticking out of the heads the fact they can keep any buff is an exploit and will be considerd so. If blizzard really want the mobs to keep the effects they would make them keep it after a tame like the spirit beasts and the ghost pets.

Blah blah what did this guy say ? all i heard was blah blah :)
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Ty Griff for understanding what I meant- and no I wouldn't want it Ryaing. Because Ryai is Ryai and her clones are enough atm.

mean I have Ryai the Tauren, Ryai the Nelf and Ryai the orc. We don't need mooore.
Wilx
Realm: Dentarg [EU]

Unread post by Wilx »

yesterday a got the Carrion Bird and today i got the other 4 using the new Method i really like the burning boar it just awesome :D
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I just got a hot patch when I accidentally logged out.................anyone know what they "fixed" :?: :mrgreen:

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Taso wrote:Okay, I have to step in. You people are acting like children and it's almost.... offensive from an argumentation standpoint.

Apart from Zwiggy saying,
Zwiggy wrote:already have the results are impressive
I will not quote the rest of your post, but you do realize that he said (or at least alluded to) that he tried this out... and then later on when bombarded by requests for screenshots he acted like he couldn't go in and test them out because he was saved to the raids...

I fully understand that he could have went in and killed the beasts that he could have tested on and got raid locked... and I also fully understand that for some reason you 100% trust him....

Are you his mom?

Your one post that was made on these forums was to defend some guy who blatantly lied about actually testing to see if the enrage buff would stay after the beast(s) were tamed when he didn't TAME ANYTHING.

I can sit here all day long and post screenshots of beasts with various buffs on them that can be tamed... it doesn't mean I actually went out and tamed each and every one of them.

I can't believe that trolls can multiply so quickly, so I am going to need the two people in question to go back to their server and ask the rest of their guild and/or family members to create forum accounts here just to defend each other.

I also want to tell the two people to not bother replying to my post, because I will not feed some stranger's kid anymore.

On a completely related note... are sock accounts allowed here. :P

Oh... and am I the only one who is a little freaked out by looking at Griff's avatar (which I guess is him) on every single forum page right now? I find it weird that someone wants to have their avatar to be them... :o :)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Ekimkis
Realm: Shattered Hand

Unread post by Ekimkis »

Thank you for the guides, loving my shadow hawk -

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7977/captureucx.jpg

Let's find some more!
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Pent wrote: Your one post that was made on these forums was to defend some guy who blatantly lied about actually testing to see if the enrage buff would stay after the beast(s) were tamed when he didn't TAME ANYTHING.

I can sit here all day long and post screenshots of beasts with various buffs on them that can be tamed... it doesn't mean I actually went out and tamed each and every one of them.
The sad and scary thing is you over look the one post where he did post screenshots of pets with buffs, frenzy and enrage and while we can't disprove all of them the Hulking Helboar buff is worringly not ticking down like the others. And if the others were ticking down but stopped- well either he's damn good at photomanipulation or he actually tamed beasts with a DPS increase buff. And i'm not talking about the confirmed things.

Meaning the **** has hit the fan.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

At this point, arguing accomplishes nothing. Now it's simply a matter of seeing how Blizzard will react. I simply hope that Griffley and Acherontia do not get punished for being the enablers for Zwiggy's exploits. Yes, Teso, I'm calling them exploits, until Zwiggy actually reports this as a potential exploit and stops taming buffed creatures in this manner. I'm not denying that many of us were enablers in some way for Zwiggy, myself included.

Ignoring Zwiggy did nothing. Now we simply wait for the lurker to pass on his discoveries to Blizzard. Heck, I'm halfway tempted to get on the bug report forum and turn in Zwiggy myself.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Ryai wrote:
Pent wrote: Your one post that was made on these forums was to defend some guy who blatantly lied about actually testing to see if the enrage buff would stay after the beast(s) were tamed when he didn't TAME ANYTHING.

The sad and scary thing is you over look the one post where he did post screenshots of pets with buffs, frenzy and enrage and while we can't disprove all of them the Hulking Helboar buff is worringly not ticking down like the others. And if the others were ticking down but stopped- well either he's damn good at photomanipulation or he actually tamed beasts with a DPS increase buff. And i'm not talking about the confirmed things.

Meaning the **** has hit the fan.
Meh... I saw the screenshots. I am not 100% confident in them, but they do look correct. It would take a lot of messing around but you could move tooltips around and have them appear somewhere while you are actually targeting something else (not a pet, but a buff on something else) ... and I am not going to get a magnifying glass out to see if the actual buff icons have been altered.

Considering those are seen buffs with icons (so is Lone Hunter's knife) Blizzard might see everything we have done in the last day to be on par of "tricking" the system even though most of us just want the buffs on the pets that make them look different and not make them anymore powerful than what they are normally.

Things can go from bad to worse really fast from this... but it might be a little too much for Blizzard to fix right away unless they make it where everything and everyone lose their buffs when they log out.

It all comes down to would it be easier to fix the buff on each beast and make them untameable in the process (maybe not, but a possibility), or ban players (or delete their pets) who use this to their advantage.... which one would Blizzard get less flack over?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
mimee
Realm: Andorhal

Unread post by mimee »

Griffley

Thanks man :) without your breakthrough nobody would have found any of the pets that were found today by other posters.

Awesome job! keep it up
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Rawr wrote:I just got a hot patch when I accidentally logged out.................anyone know what they "fixed" :?: :mrgreen:
http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/12/02/patch ... for-dec-2/

A few hunter things that are interesting, but nothing about the 'pet buffs'. Notably something that I'll be putting in a separate posting to keep things on track.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Taso

Unread post by Taso »

Pent, you misunderstand my post for supporting him.
I was harping on all of you for accusing him of something that was never said.

And yes, he did show pictures of the tamed pets with buffs in tow.
He's proven that the exploit is possible and said nothing about intention to use them.

Your entire first post is based on the premise that he was lying and didn't have pictures of pets with buffs(false)
So your argument is completely devoid of merit.

Your second post goes on to begrudgingly accept that he might actually be correct without apologizing to him or myself for calling either of us trolls. Frankly, he may actually BE trolling you, but the point is that you had no proof and instead threw wild accusations at him.

As for me, I was simply pointing out that everyone on this forum, "friendly" souls as they like to call themselves, immediately turned on him without just cause and threw him to the buzzards without first testing his idea to see if it had merit.

When it turned out that what he was saying was probably true, you sheepishly pulled your hat down and walked away.

My point is that the behavior of people in this thread was incredibly shameful. Whether or not he's right or whether or not he's trolling, no one gave him the benefit of the doubt when he turned out to likely be correct, and no one considered the possibility that he was merely curious when taming the beasts with buffs, as he never stated intent to use them for exploitative purposes. You jumped to him being a cheater and left it at that.

But the fact is, everyone who has caught one of these pets, whether buffed or not, has abused a glitch to gain a vanity pet.
That's an exploit.

Will Blizzard ban you? No.
Will Blizzard take them away? Probably not.
Will Blizzard make them untameable or change how taming functions? It's possible.
Will Blizzard ban you if you tame a pet and use its buff? Probably not, but there's a chance.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

You do have to admit that Zwiggy's motives were pretty questionable. However, I think you do have a point. This forum seems to have really soured will all the back and forth between Zwiggy and the rest of us.

I'll probably have to sleep on this; allowing my feelings to die down.

_____

Taso

Unread post by Taso »

Questionable motives? Perhaps. Can't be certain though.
Clarifying with him before accusing him is all I'd ask for.

Thank you for the mature words, Cialbi
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Griffley, you'll be pleased to hear that the new taming craze you started is beginning to permeate into other forums. MMO-champ forums, and now the Wowhead hunter forum.

_____

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Taso wrote:And yes, he did show pictures of the tamed pets with buffs in tow.
He's proven that the exploit is possible and said nothing about intention to use them.
You mean after he tamed them and posted it's possible to tame them and exploit that you can get higher dps pets. Why if you are not going to use them, or want others to use them, would you do such a thing? He is either A: trying to rain on our parade and forcibly get all pets that are different removed or B: he really doesn't care and he wants to home in on Griff and others, spotlight for unusual tames that have been found and well obtained.

Your second post goes on to begrudgingly accept that he might actually be correct without apologizing to him or myself for calling either of us trolls. Frankly, he may actually BE trolling you, but the point is that you had no proof and instead threw wild accusations at him.
Well tbh now I think he actually is with the fact he went out and tamed DPS INCREASING PETS- and supposedly ones with timers that are now supposedly no longer counting down!
As for me, I was simply pointing out that everyone on this forum, "friendly" souls as they like to call themselves, immediately turned on him without just cause and threw him to the buzzards without first testing his idea to see if it had merit.
No forum can ever be truly nice. All forums have spats and have their darker characters. But, you want to know why no one wanted to see if his post had merit? Because, no one wants to go out and tame a true exploit pet. You know, one that is a dps increase, especially after Blizzard has tried so hard to not force us into another cat, wolf or fido phase. And I think I sent you the PM explaining how hard core guilds/those in hard core guilds scramble for even a one percent dps increase. But something that can give 10/20% in theory? Oh lord they would be rabidly trying to find out a way to get them.

When it turned out that what he was saying was probably true, you sheepishly pulled your hat down and walked away.
Because, we DON'T want Blizzard taking away the OTHER pets or preventing this from happening in the future [as I quite like blue mist burd myself]
no one gave him the benefit of the doubt when he turned out to likely be correct, and no one considered the possibility that he was merely curious when taming the beasts with buffs, as he never stated intent to use them for exploitative purposes. You jumped to him being a cheater and left it at that.
I'm sorry but no one wanted to believe him because as said repeatedly that is an exploit- a true exploit, to gain advantage over other hunters/dps classes with an easy way to always have XX% dps increase. This is also like saying I grow pot but I never use it! well if you never use it, why grow it in the first place? If you are never going to use a Possibly Permanently enraged buffed pet- why bother taming it, screenshotting it- a bit dodgely I might add, and post it on the forums?

But the fact is, everyone who has caught one of these pets, whether buffed or not, has abused a glitch to gain a vanity pet.
That's an exploit.
Vanity pet = nothing bad/or slight OH YOU from blizz.
Pet with dps increase = bad/Slap by Blizzard and pet removal
Will Blizzard ban you? No.
Will Blizzard take them away? Probably not.
Will Blizzard make them untameable or change how taming functions? It's possible.
Will Blizzard ban you if you tame a pet and use its buff? Probably not, but there's a chance.
And you kinda condradicted yourself at the end >.>

This thread isn't supposed to be all HEY YOU WANT DPS INCREASING PETS WELL HERE IS HOW U DO ET. This is supposed to be about pets with Different visual effects than most tamed counterparts :|
Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: manny

Unread post by Zwiggy »

This is a post about how to tame pets with an exploit to keep buffs may it be visual or dps or both.

I have not kept any pets i tamed with this more than 20 seconds i just wanted the prove that it is possible.

I have reported this to blizzard in game as soon as i noticed it can be done.

You have broke the game terms and conditions by taming pets this way and not passing the information on to blizzard and instead passing the information onto other players around the internet.

This IS an explot in game mechanics no matter what you say or post or even think and just because you think you tamed it for looks and i tamed it to prove a point with a DPS buff dose not make any diffrence.

I would also like to thank the poster who is defending me and can see my point of view.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Zwiggy wrote:This IS an explot in game mechanics no matter what you say or post or even think and just because you think you tamed it for looks and i tamed it to prove a point with a DPS buff dose not make any diffrence.
There is nothing different here tbh- for the VISUAL EFFECT PETS; than taming of the oil wolf, as the oil wolf was basically an exploit of a quest mechanic and to tame the wolf AS IT DESPAWNED. And obviously- as I have said repeatedly, the oil stained wolf WAS known but nothing has been done about it! It's been left ingame for people to tame via taming the pet as it despawns- no different than the macros that have been made to do this with other pets. If Blizzard didn't want us taming different visuals than by rights the oil wolves would have had the magical eraser happen far before this.

The difference is the DPS increase is a CLEAR exploit! It is the one that will cause trouble; it is the true exploit of the game as you are breaking it to get a 'clear advantage' over other hunters. And how dare you shame us, and think we have not possibly reported the DPS increasing pets. Many hunters reported the immortal glitched pets; so again how dare you try and shame us when you yourself have acted in not so clear ways. We never CARED about dps increasing pets, we care about having more pet 'skins' so to speak :|