Decisions, decisions....

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Which pet to abandon to make room for Skoll?

Owl (My original pet, leveled 10-80 with him)
5%
White Devilsaur
32%
The Kurken (White Core Hound)
42%
White Lion (The one from Winterspring quest line)
11%
Gondria
11%

Total votes: 19

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Decisions, decisions....

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

So as now I'm sure everyone that pplays WoW knows, I want Skoll... here's the issue. My stable is full and I'll have to pick a pet to abandon so I can get him. Which would you suggest to abandon and why? I really don't know what to do? Ditch my first pet? Ditch the best dps? Ditch the one I'll never get again because I've done the quest already? Ditch my first rare tame? Ditch my first spirit pet? See the problem? lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cookieman
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Outland

Re: Decisions, decisions....

Unread post by Cookieman »

I'd say ditch the White Devilsaur AND The Kurken (White Core Hound), Here is why: White Devilsaur is ugly get King Dred / Mosh, and The Kurken becouse he is just plain USELESS
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I personally found a need for only one Spirit Beast, and I let go of Gondria for Skoll. Gondria's beautiful, but I liked Skoll a lot more, and Gondria isn't quite as unique looking. :) (in my opinion)
Rarako
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hakkar, Mug'thol

Unread post by Rarako »

Hum... what do you use the pets you have now for? It might be a good place to start by looking at how you would be using Skoll (instancing, PvP, soloing) and then look at the pet that you have now that fulfills that role. It might help you decide on what you need to drop. As far as that goes I would say keep your owl if your attached to it and the same with your other pets, which ever one you use and have the lest attachment with you might want to let go. ^_^

Many thanks to Vephriel for the amazing sig!

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

Well, I wouldn't say the Kurken is useless, if you like using him. I think it's a great model, and I have tamed it once before myself, but didn't have room for it later.

I'd say keep your owl for nostalgic purposes, but get rid of one of your BM only pets, maybe? I voted White Devilsaur- not because it's "ugly"- but because while I love dinosaurs, and have tamed a devilsaur twice now, I just couldn't connect with it and always ended up releasing it. But that's just my own experience.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I did Devilsaur. That way, if you find you don't like Skoll, he's easy to get back. Your owl isn't, neither is the white lion. The Kurken, well, if you're horde it's annoying to get back, but doable. Alliance is easier, but I do prefer its model over the white devilsaur.
Valinai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dentarg

Unread post by Valinai »

I voted the Kurken. Easiest re-tame, imo. Of course, have to be Alliance really.

I owned the White Devilsaur and Kurken. Released Kurken, freeing up stable slot for Spirit Beast. Sound familiar?
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I voted The Kurken because it seems like everyone and their grandma has him. It's hard to get rid of a first pet, and you won't be able to do the quest again for the other. Gondria is neat and it'd be a shame to ditch something you put time and effort into getting. I see tons of black and brown devilsaurs but rarely see the white one. Not to mention The Kurken should be easy to re-tame should you ever change your mind. And, I'm not too fond of the core hounds anyway. ;)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Pretty much decided the Kurken will be the one to go, if for no other reason that it's a constant spawn and the easiest to get back if I ever decide. Not that it matters until I find Skoll! lol After camping the spawn spot, I wish I had mining and herbing as professions. I could have made a mint off the saronite and icethorn that spawn there. lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us