Hawkshadow's Taming Guide

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Hawkshadow
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ravenholdt

Hawkshadow's Taming Guide

Unread post by Hawkshadow »

Helpful Macros and Addons:

/cast Beastial Wrath
/script PetAbandon()

/use Potion of Speed
/cast Tame Beast

NPCscan - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... cscan.aspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image King Krush

Step 1: Buy a few Potions of Speed, Flask of stoneblood, scroll of stamina, food with +stam
Step 2: Tame a trash pet.
Step 3: Find King Krush - NPCscan addon is your friend!
Step 4: Buff up with stam food /pots /scrolls and equip any haste trinkets you might have.
Step 5: Call pet, cast mend pet, send pet after King Krush.
Step 6: Back up until you are at max taming range from King Krush.
Step 7: *Important* Let King Krush fear your pet, then WAIT for about 5 seconds.
Step 8: Cast Beastial Wrath and then abandon your trash pet.
Step 9: Use Potion of Speed.
Step 10: Cast tame beast.

NOTE: Ask around in general if anyone has seen King Krush or any of the rares, offer an award if you want to. Also just because Loque'Nahak or Aotona spawned or was killed DOES NOT mean King Krush will not spawn. I have personally witnessed Loque'Nahak and King Krush being up and alive at the same time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image The Beast

Step 1: Buy a few Potions of Speed, Flask of stoneblood, scroll of stamina, food with +stam
Step 2: Tame a trash pet. - If you have extra stable slots, fill those with trash pets.
Step 3: Buff up with stam food /pots /scrolls and equip any haste trinkets you might have.
Step 4: Call pet, walk over to the pile of hay in the corner of his room (just to the left of his cave), make sure you are right in the corner so he wont fear you.
Step 5: Let him walk out and when he does send your pet after him and hit him with scorpid sting.
Step 6: Let him beat on your pet until you see him cast Fireball. WAIT for about 10 seconds after he casts the Fireball.
Step 7: Cast Beastial Wrath and abandon trash pet.
Step 8: Use Potion of Speed
Step 9: Cast Tame Beast

NOTE: It may take lots of tries before you get lucky with the interrupts, it took me about 20 failed attempts before i finally got him. Just keep at it, it will be frustrating, but if it was easy where would be the fun in that? Also if you run out of trash pets just walk back down to LBRS and tame one of the Worgs there. (just to the right a little ways from the entrance)

Image Skoll

Step 1: Download NPCscan Addon
Step 2: Fly to Storm Peaks
Step 3: Check his spawn spot at The Foot Steppes
Step 4: Check his spawn spot at Bor's Breath
Step 5: Check his spawn spot at Snow Drift Plains
Step 6: Return to The Foot Steeps.
Step 7: Once found, place down a freezing trap at your feet
Step 8: Cast Tame Beast

NOTE: I have found him to spawn the most often at The Foot Steepes. So depending on how bad you want this pet you can go about this two ways: First- Camp The Foot Steppes, while flying back and forth between his other two spawn spots every 20 min or so. or Second- Log out at The Foot Steppes and set your alarm clock to wake you up really early in the morning like 3:00am ish, you might get lucky. Personally i suggest the first option, read a book or watch a show while you wait for NPCscan to do its job.

~More taming guides coming soon!~