Gezzarak Tips?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Gezzarak Tips?

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

So while doing the "Fa-La-La, Ogri'la" Winter Veil achievement, I also swung by the Skyguard posts. While there, I figured what the hell--I'll tame Gezz!

So I spend tedious time farming dust and scrolls and summon her up. I figured with the new shorter casting time and armor not being reduced completely, it wouldn't be too hard to tame. I knew she did a knockback, so when I summoned her I waited for her to hit me with that once, and then started taming.

I paid for my ignorance--she walloped me good. REALLY good. Every time my tame got down to 2-3 seconds she'd kick me with that knockback again.

So, tips? I know plenty of you ran right out and got this beauty, got anything to share with me on getting the job done?

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: Gezzarak Tips?

Unread post by Sochi »

Yeah, that knockback is fast and furious. When I went for Gezz, now called Zook (and a he), I put my back against the wall as it were. There was a wicker looking cage thingy handy. I put my back to it and it kept me from flying. I don't know, maybe I timed it right.

If this doesn't help you, check the GB, I am certain there's speed potions in there. If not, let me know, I have some left over from my Krush taming.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I buffed myself up with a stam flask and food, tamed her with my back to a tree and used a speed pot. >>
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

When I tamed my Gezzarak (Guinness), I used a speed pot, as well as my core hound's Ancient Hysteria buff. Just popped Hysteria, dismissed the core hound and tamed away.
Kylok
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by Kylok »

Back in the day, she could be stunned. If that's still true, take a pally with you and its cake.
Icharia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden US

Unread post by Icharia »

I just used Hysteria, didn't even notice a knockback >.> maybe I just got lucky?
Skade
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Skade »

I think I got really lucky with this one, after reading about how hard it can be. First time, first summon, first tame, no knockback issues. Even summoned her a second time for my hunter buddy who tagged along and she had a similarly easy tame. I guess it's a matter of luck?

Krakatoa - Orthus - Stein - Maahes - Bowser
Skade - Server: Elune - 85 Beast Mastery/Survival Hunter - Guild: Wardemons
FOR THE HORDE!
My Stable!

Naiaara
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Naiaara »

I tamed her way back when she still had a freakin' awesome summoning animation. Gezzerak was, quite possibly, one of the most annoying tames I've ever done. I'd get so close to getting the tame finished, then she'd warp and do her knockback. I think it is a matter of luck. I used one of the haste potions of the time, and it was still horrifically difficult. I'd get one of those potions that increase your haste by 500 for fifteen seconds... those work like a charm for nasty tames.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I just tamed her : / I was 80, it was 9 am the day the servers came up (they came up early EU) & I was logged there with 0 preparation bar my "Tame Beast" button. I got knocked back once, and then tamed--so I think it's waaay down to luck.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Okay, thanks for the input all. I didn't even think of putting my back to a wall or anything like that. I'll try that and a few haste pots first, see if that does the trick.

Tomorrow anyway...I don't feel like farming more scrolls tonight XP

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I did mine (at level 72) with a paladin friend. I got aggro, they healed me to keep me alive, and then immediately after she did her knockback I started the tame and the paladin 'pally-sapped'. With haste as it is now, probably waiting until directly after she does her knockback and then taming would work best.
Come see Kurasu's stables!