Yet another Sambas success story

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Baihu
Realm: Barthilas; Ner'zul

Yet another Sambas success story

Unread post by Baihu »

Hi, I know I noticed all the Sambas threads there, but I thought it should be noted that on Ner'zhul, I appear to be the only hunter with Sambas on the Alliance side, at least the only one that I've ever encountered. A fellow hunter who was able to get Terropene and Ghostcrawler (much luckier than me) was avid on finding him and apparently, he hasn't been able to hunt down the beast.

So anyway, here's my story on the tenacious effort to finding the lion!

I was coasting around Twilight Highlands, and I wasn't the only one. I decided to quest a bit since after about 2-3 hours worth, there was no sign. Feeling a little lazy, I decided to hop on a flightpath despite being able to fly there very fast with 310% flying. Well I was punished for my laziness. NPCscan went off and I was even Alt-Tabbed out! By the time I finally got off that gryphon and flew back and around, it was in vain. The lion had vanished :(

But, hearing the rumors on Wowhead, I decided to return exactly 24 hours later to locate him at his exact respawn, since I seem to have got him right at his spawn time.

At 9am server time, I managed to grab 3 guildies together to help me camp the 3 spawn points in the west, while I went for the less known spot on the cliff. But after half an hour of waiting through the supposed respawn timer, there was no luck :( I apologized to them all and, feeling dejected, I returned to just questing around.

Now, for the past 2 days, I had been giving out a bounty on /trade for 1000g for anyone who located Sambas to me and led me to him. I made a point to say he drops no loot, doesn't give an achieve, and if anyone killed him, they were just costing themselves 1000g profit.

To that ad, I had 2 DKs whisper me personally to tell me they would keep an eye. Both were levelling through the area, so they would contact me if I wasn't and they saw him.

Well, exactly 1 hour into my questing after the failed attempt to catch Sambas on respawn, I had a tell from one of the DKs. He was just asking if I caught the lion yet and that he was preparing to enter Twilight Highlands for some levelling. I told him there was no luck today, but since it was exactly 1 hour since my estimated respawn time, his tell reminded me to just give it another shot.

So I flew out, just flew directly to the middle of the patrol path, and then...

*BOOONG!*

...holy shit...

I found him. Right there below me. I saw no red blips that indicated players, only Sambas. I flew straight down and let him wail on me, dismissed Feeney the Tallstrider, and pressed Tame Beast. I didn't even bother typing to tell my guild or of course, to /1. Nothing to spoil that moment.

After a horrible wait, and me cursing my useless haste rating. There was a flash of light. He shrank a bit. But. He was mine.

I erupted on /1 and on /g. Just SCREAMING and WHOOPING and CHEERING.

I was so happy. I sent back a tell at the DK "I found him myself, but you reminded me to check him out again, and for that you really do deserve something!" And then I sent him 500g. It was a STEAL for that little whisper that prompted me to check again!

For now, my lion's name is Samson. But after retelling the tame story, I think I'll call him Karma. Or possibly...TenaciousD ;p