On spirit beasts

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gigglemonsta
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'thul

Re: On spirit beasts

Unread post by Gigglemonsta »

Edrawr wrote:Wow Gigglemonsta, heck of a post there, and very informative! I am pleased to see that I am doing everything more or less exactly as you laid out there. I use my short-CD skills on trash pulls, big nukey time on boss fights. My rotation is slightly different, but I'm still playing with it (only level 73 right now). It's so refreshing to meet someone else that plays as and succeeds in BM. I think I have at least a basic understanding of the spec, in that it's more cooldown-focused than the others (though I've never ever been survival or MM so I can't say that with certainty). I just need to get my skills into macro form so I don't spend precious seconds manually pushing all the buttons. I probably should get Rabid off of auto-cast, too. I figured it's only 30 seconds, so auto-cast wasn't bad, but if it's on cooldown when the other big nukes are up, that's wasted damage.

For the nuke macro, what is /use 13 and /use 14? Are those bag slots or action bar spaces? Just want to make sure.

I LOVE BEAST MASTERY! :B
HAHA :) I may have to make a post with all me macros on too! I literally have about 20 for BM lol.

/use 13 and /use 14 are the two trinket slots. So that macro actives any "on use" trinkets :)

Rabid on autocast is fine, as you said its only 30 seconds, so not a huge difference. You can macro it in so that it will go off at the start of a bossfight, but I'd say leave that one on autocast :).

I LOVE BM TOO! The only reason I'm BM on this hunter, as I tried the other specs and didn't like them. I figured, hey its my alt, I'll just stay BM, and pug the odd raid, collect some cool pets, have something different to do when not playing my priest.

Now I REALLY REALLY enjoy my hunter, and its my personal mission to prove that BM is viable in raids :D While I don't deceive myself and say BM is BETTER THAN EVERYTHING (I understand Marks/Surv put more dps out on paper), I still attest that the gap between the specs is not as much as most people have been led to believe.

Ill hunt around for a screeny I took last nite (eek had a few drinks), but I remember doing a VoA, coming second or third on DPS (I think doing about 6.3k on a boss, WITH swapping to adds while the melee ahead of me didnt).

I had the Marks hunter in better gear actually whisper me after the fight. What did he say u ask? Was it "OMG UR BM LOL U NOOB" or "COOL PET WHERE U GET IT"? No it was a simple....."HOW?!!!!!!!". I laughed so hard, told him that BM isn't all bad and he was shocked.

btw Marks hunters - TY for your Aura. Me and my pet benefit GREATLY from it :)
*Gigglemonsta - Proud owner of all four Spirit Beasts :) /giggle *
Thanks to Saturo for the signature
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

<3 you for that post Gigglemonsta!!

I think I'm going to take a look at Veph and rework her talents/glyphs a bit to see what I come up with after trying your spec and methods. :) I don't really do many runs, but right now I'm only pulling like 2.8-3k DPS when I think I could be doing more. My gear isn't terrible....it's not amazing, but it's not terrible, so hopefully with your guidance I can fix that. x)

I told myself that I'm never changing out of BM since, like you, I just love it and I hated trying out MM/SV. I didn't enjoy them at all, so for me it's either stay BM and not raid (which I really don't mind), or get uber pro at BM and try to raid regardless. :3

For some reason the link to your armory isn't showing the talents though...is there a way you could screenshot them or put them on a talent calculator for me to copy? ^^
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm with you on that one Sir Giggles - I know BM isn't the best, but I think if played correctly, it can still be viable. I don't know why, but for some reason I always seem drawn to the "weak" class specs: BM, Frost, Demonology, etc. I don't know if I'm subconsciously rebelling against the norm, or if I honestly just like those specs better than the others (most likely the latter). ;)

I'm lucky that I'm in a guild of RL friends who are also excellent players, and when I asked them if they cared that I want to raid as BM, they said they don't mind. I doubt we'll be downing 25-man heroic LK any time soon, of course, but most of us are married adults with jobs and such and just want to have fun.

It is my personal goal to stay BM and do the very best I can do, my way. That means no wolf pets! lol I have King Krush in my sights and he and I will go forth and pwn those piddly 10-man raids! Why, because we can! Naxx won't know what hit it. LOL :mrgreen:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Gigglemonsta
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Vephriel wrote:<3 you for that post Gigglemonsta!!

I think I'm going to take a look at Veph and rework her talents/glyphs a bit to see what I come up with after trying your spec and methods. :) I don't really do many runs, but right now I'm only pulling like 2.8-3k DPS when I think I could be doing more. My gear isn't terrible....it's not amazing, but it's not terrible, so hopefully with your guidance I can fix that. x)

I told myself that I'm never changing out of BM since, like you, I just love it and I hated trying out MM/SV. I didn't enjoy them at all, so for me it's either stay BM and not raid (which I really don't mind), or get uber pro at BM and try to raid regardless. :3

For some reason the link to your armory isn't showing the talents though...is there a way you could screenshot them or put them on a talent calculator for me to copy? ^^
:) thanks! <3

Hehe try here -

My build - http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xm ... 0000000000

Pet - http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xm ... 3010122&bm

If they don't work, ill put them into wowhead for ya! Or you may need to search Gigglemonsta on Aman'thul on the US armory (yeah oceanic servers, count as U.S)

HEHE I don't "hate" marks or surv per say, so don't anyone get offended when I tells people I likes to BM in raids giggle, I just prefer BM :) IMO someone playing the spec they like and are more skilled at will be more fun, and give more dps anyway :) Veph im sure we can improve your dps easily!
Edrawr wrote: I don't know why, but for some reason I always seem drawn to the "weak" class specs: BM
Hehe. Theres something fun about being the underdog that I like about BM too. To be honest my FAVOURITIST thing about being BM is a) Having awesome pets and b) When I get people on their surv hunters who I beat in VoA go "DAMN giggle, I always preferred BM, but thought it sucked in wotlk. SCREW that im going back BM!"

Edrawr wrote:I asked them if they cared that I want to raid as BM, they said they don't mind
Show them our ferocious inspiriation buff :)

Also - Intimidation = win on the blood beasts in ICC!

Edrawr wrote:It is my personal goal to stay BM and do the very best I can do, my way. That means no wolf pets! lol I have King Krush in my sights and he and I will go forth and pwn those piddly 10-man raids! Why, because we can!
HEHE damn right! Theres no reason to not raid as BM. I have never had a raid leader turn me down for a pug due to me being BM (mind u I think the raid leaders on our server are a bit like OOO SHINEY pet, come to my raid!). haha!

Stick with it guys, if BM is your true passion on your hunter, then you can raid as it successfully :) And you can beat Marks/Surv hunters if you do it right! Most of the alt hunters in the guild have now swapped to BM as it seems to be everyones favourite spec, everyones just too afraid to use it!

giggle
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think the Armory might be down or something, your talents are still empty, but I went to look at my own and they are too. xD
Gigglemonsta
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Crazy! Works for me!

Me - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#ctbMzttRfu0est0emoZx
CourageWolf :D - http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc#mdd00ss00hoRb

=> I go for boars speed, it just seems to help so much having you pet able to chase mobs/adds/movable bosses so much easier :)

- Maybe I'll make a Giggle's guide to BM raiding later lol!
Noba
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Noba »

Toward the original poster, you could be logical, and say arcturus is less chancy to retame.. or say 'i already have a wolf', and lose skoll.

Or, just go by which one you don't love quite so much. I recently traded out pets. Being all logical, I thought for sure i'd ditch my raptor i never used, and keep the wasp my melee friend likes.. But when I actually got out there and hovered over to abandon, looking at tethis broke my heart, and i couldn't let him go. the wasp had to go instead.
Try getting the pets out one at a time, taking a good look at them, compared to what will replace them.
---

offtopic, but at the people being nasty to wolves- play nice! yes, wolves ARE flavor of the month(year?) right now. However, that doesn't mean everyone with a wolf has it for that reason! I leveled up with wolves, sadly abandoning her at 70 in BC, because it wasn't viable without a focus dump. I was thrilled when the pre-lk changes gave wolves a focus dump, and quickly retamed my old wolf, and we've been happy ever since!
Valinai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dentarg

Unread post by Valinai »

I think there def needs to be a BM guide. I was really bummed when people were saying it doesn't work as well. I'm very excited to hear of Giggle's success!

I'll need to re-read when my mind is more able to absorb :P
Gigglemonsta
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valinai wrote:I think there def needs to be a BM guide. I was really bummed when people were saying it doesn't work as well. I'm very excited to hear of Giggle's success!

I'll need to re-read when my mind is more able to absorb :P
Sorry for the thread hijack guys.

Ive remade in a new thread -

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=795

Its only a BASIC draft, lots more to come :)

now back to the OP! lol