How to Tank SFK Event Boss

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
smashfanDS
Realm: EU - Silvermoon

How to Tank SFK Event Boss

Unread post by smashfanDS »

I'm not sure if this belongs in this section or in the WoW general...I'll create the topic here...can be moved/deleted if it is in the wrong section

Well, a few days ago, I noticed some slight changes to the boss fight which makes tanking this boss fight SO easy for hunters, unfortunately, the damage the hunter him/herself receives is too much so you'll need at least a healer in order to get the boss fight down.

Just get a pet from the Tenacity tree and spec it to tank, the hunter can be any spec, I use my normal raiding spec, works fine, and of course 2 pieces of T5 for the bonus.

The hunter has to use the Cologne (green bottle) and tank the left boss, while the pet tanks the middle boss (throwing it an MD helps.) As the fight starts dps the middle boss first and then attack the one on the left, just so that the healer doesn't aggro it, and continue dpsing the boss. In my case, the healing my pet receives from my T5 set bonus is enough to heal it throughout the fight, the healers never needed to throw it a heal at it :P

As the middle boss dies, you can FD to let your pet get aggro, or you can keep kiting him around and kill it, your choice...and the 3rd isn't really tankable of course. Sometimes the other peoples' dps is so high they can overaggro the pet, but in those cases, the dps is fast enough that the boss dies in seconds so it doesn't really matter :P

Just thought I'd share this information because I now make groups as a tank for the fight (paying people for summons to get the mount :P) and the LFM process becomes a lot faster.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: How to Tank SFK Event Boss

Unread post by Kalliope »

HA! That's a very nice counterbalance to pets not being able to do the fight at all before.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!