Can't believe what just happened!!!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Can't believe what just happened!!!

Unread post by Rhyela »

So I go to Grizzly Hills because I'm working on getting some gear to tame King Krush when I'm high enough. As I'm flying there on the flight path, I think to myself, "That would be kinda neat if Arcturis is there, but since I don't really like bears it doesn't matter". So I'm out and about killing stags for the quest to get the venison with my turtle, Sheldon. I'm looking on my beast tracking to find some stags, and who do I see on my radar but Arcturis!!! I was like, O.O so for some reason, I get really excited. I fly back to Amberpine and scramble desperately trying to remember where the heck the stable master is. Ok, I find him, fly back to where Arcturis is and he's still there! Yay! I lay down a freezing trap (too far back, as usual), and concussive shot + auto shot to tag him, back up behind the freezing trap, and begin taming. Going well so far, til all of a sudden he Pounces. OVER the freezing trap. >.> Ok, no problem, I can handle it. Well, he hits pretty hard on a level 74, well over 1k (or maybe those were crits, kinda too excited to look) and I have 11k hp right now. He also does some sort of DoT (again, too excited to pay attention closely). But finally, with just over 600 hp left, I tame him!!! Couldn't have been timed any better either because I died just after the tame was complete from his DoT. So now I have a spirit beast that I didn't even think I wanted! Time to think of a name and try him out! ^_^

(Lol, notice the freezing trap still laying there :lol: )

(Dead and not caring! ^.^)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Cookieman
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Outland

Re: Can't believe what just happened!!!

Unread post by Cookieman »

GRATZ!
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Grats! :D

It's always fun to die JUST AFTER the tame ^_^
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Haha, I love sporadic, unplanned Spirit Beast tames! :lol: You'd be surprised how your mind can change once you stumble upon them yourself. :D
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Haha, I can completely relate! I never bothered with the spirit beasts until I stumbled across Loque'Nahak completely by accident and claimed him. But once you have one, you get attached very fast. :D

Also, the classic tame-and-die. Yeah, done that before. Lol. Grats though!

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

Very awesome. Hope you learn to love your new bear! If you take him into instances, he nearly disappears, hehe. Great tame. ^_^
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I was almost lucky, really lucky. Found King Krush after circling the Basin for two and a half hours. Have plenty of health and almost enough haste, but with about 3 seconds left he feared me. Got a priest finally that was willing to help, and as I'm sitting there waiting for them to show up, three people run in and obliterate him. Right. In. Front. Of. Me. v.v Signing back on in 6 hours to try again. QQ I literally wanted to cry.

EDIT: I haven't been able to sleep after this whole ordeal; at first because I was so very upset at my lost opportunity, but now because I have an idea I want to try out. I used the BW/abandon/tame macro that I've read about, and it didn't last long enough. However, I started the macro at max distance from KK. So what probably happened is that he doesn't fear til he gets to me, and by the time he got to me my BW was almost done. I'm wondering (and hoping) that his fear is actually similar to a warrior's intimidating shout - melee range. I'm hoping that if I let him get in melee range first (and making sure to tag him so as to deter more murderers), and THEN cast the macro, that he'll blow his first fear while I'm in BW and he won't get a chance to cast it again. I didn't look at how long exactly my tame cast time was with all my haste stuff, probably around 15 seconds, but he seemed to fear me when it was almost finished. I'm really hoping this works. I should have the hp to survive his attacks (18k+, spent tons of money buying stam gear), it's just that darned fear. If this doesn't work I'm going to give up til later. I really don't want to give up because I want him, but I need to be realistic, too. I just dinged 75 today and immediately went out to tame him. :oops: Wish me luck folks! Now to try to get some sleep, at almost 5 a.m., lol. >.< Hopefully, if he shares a respawn with the other two rares, he'll respawn first and I'll be waiting for him. >:)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.