Taming Elites

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SoulXScream
Realm: Nazjatar

Taming Elites

Unread post by SoulXScream »

I just want to know if taming an elite pet is different than a normal, for instance and elite wolf at shadowfangkeep or just a normal one. all i saw was that next to its name it said elite
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Re: Taming Elites

Unread post by swimgremlin »

No, all pets and their stats are equal for their type. Elite, rare and normal types all get the same stats
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Some elites may be slightly tougher tames (Such as King Krush who's... Just annoying to tame), but other then that they really aren't any different then a non-elite pet.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Azraill
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Azraill »

how do you go about taming king dread ? i heard you get achievement for it and aleu do you make your own Signature's
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Azraill wrote:how do you go about taming king dread ? i heard you get achievement for it
There is not achievement for taming King Dred (http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=27483)

Azraill
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Azraill »

ah that sucks was told you got a feat of strength for it ah well
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Azraill wrote:ah that sucks was told you got a feat of strength for it ah well
As of right now, there are NO achievements, feat of strength or otherwise, for taming ANY pet. The person was probably pulling your leg. ;)

honlittle
Realm: khaz'goroth

Unread post by honlittle »

hmmm...lets straighten this mess a little...if i m not wrong before 3.0 pets r all the same, i.e once tame an elite will no longer have its title elite. Then comes this interview with someone from blizz did said in the coming future hunters willl no longer consume mana and pets of an elite will do more damages than non elite. Aftertat all elite pets that was tamed suddenly have the word name elite before his name. So then i saw my loq cat , Gondria, Skoll, terror , Oloh all as Elite in the name. Happy me...but not for long...suddenly in this recent 3.3 patch, all my pet as said above has been revered back to normal. ANd all their title as an elite has gone!!! wat can i say??? ShortChanged!!! by some very smart game developer from blizz ..i guess. Thanks for all the roller coaster rides for being a hunter!!! So in short all pets now r the same!!! Lame!!!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, I miss having the elite status and symbol around the portrait....which is why I went out to tame 'The Beast' - a Boss core hound from Blackrock Spire that keeps his boss status and ?? skull level.

He's the only one left though I believe. I hope they don't nerf him in the future. ;_;
Last edited by Vephriel on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sokujo
Realm: Borean Tundra

Unread post by Sokujo »

Just a side note, "The Beast" is from Blackrock Spire, not Molten Core, which is a minor detail being they are so close together.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*doh!*

Brain failure there, haha. Yes...Blackrock Spire, not MC. xD
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

The only difference in taming an elite beast is that they will hit you harder than an equivalent level regular one will. If you trap them , it makes no difference. Some are hard to trap though like the Spirit Beasts who like to pounce on you, jumping over your trap to do so.
Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

Usually Elite beasts are not better, they have unique looks(not always) and theyre much harder for tame. Elite pets are usually like mobs in dungeons. more dmg, more health. after tame there is no much difference. just a little 'Elite' under the pet's name. most of the elite pets are Exotic(whole Spirit beast pet familly is Exotic and Elite). Ancient Core Hounds are much more like bosses in lvl60-63,64 and The Beast.. its a boss of lvl55 instance(if im not wrong). So my point is, its much harder to tame Elite beasts, but usually they got unique looks, so it worth it ;)

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

They have removed the elite part now.

Also, the beast is in Molten Core, a level 60 raid. Man, those old raids were FUN!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Jroaeyl
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Jroaeyl »

I was initially disappointed that the "elite" tag is gone. However, I realized that I still have unique looking pets that shout "elite!" ... I'm talking about Loquena'hak, Gondria, Skoll, Arcturis, and King Krush -- unique skins and never fails to get you a whisper from time to time.

As far as abilities are concerned, it all lies on the player's skill. A wolf (supposedly having the highest dps) is no better than a tallstrider if it's abilities are not used effectively.
Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

I'm not sure Wolf got the highest DPS, gotta check it. anyway, everyone and his/her own pet. Some people know how to make Ferocity pets hold aggro, and some don't. Some like to tame 'Elite' pets because of their looks and for "showing up", and some because of their abillities.
You don't have to tame a pet for showing up with it, i would say tame a pet which you know how to use smartly to solo/level/HC or Raid with.

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!