Pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SoulXScream
Realm: Nazjatar

Pets

Unread post by SoulXScream »

What is the best pet for higest damage? that can include its special ability, talents whatever. I just want to know best pet for dmg. Then what do you think is the best pet for most health including talents etc..
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: Pets

Unread post by Ryno »

SoulXScream wrote:What is the best pet for higest damage? that can include its special ability, talents whatever. I just want to know best pet for dmg. Then what do you think is the best pet for most health including talents etc..
Ferocity is for DPS. Tenacity is for tanking. Cunning is for PvP.

Any ability issues are usually details and opinions. Noone will fire you for using any pet that you want, so long as you know what you're doing (and if they do then they're wrong). And I might add, reading other threads in this topic wouldn't hurt, most of them cover this info.

Darthchun
Realm: Altar of Storms

Unread post by Darthchun »

turtles and crabs do the most damage :/
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Darthchun wrote:turtles and crabs do the most damage :/
Uh, I don't want to go out and say this is false, so I'll ask what you're going to back that up with?

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Darthchun wrote:turtles and crabs do the most damage :/
Crabs (untalented): Possibly
Turtles : No

All pets are normalized nowadays, and untalented pets DPS depends wholly on their special skill. That counts out turtles, since theyr skill reduces incoming damage. Talented pets however can only be Ferocity or Cunning pets, Tenacity doesn't really have any DPS talents. But I'd probably put Windserpents, Cats, Wolves, Devilsaurs, Spirit beasts (any ferocity pet really.)...

But just go with what you like, most pets do good damage, and they're usually not so much DPS anyway (Except for BM Hunters, of course. But who wants to play BM? :looksaround: )

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Have a look at Rawr (http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr). It'll allow you to load in your armory character into it, and you can change various values and see how it may effect your DPS.

Change a pet class, different talents, gear, enchants/gems etc..
Rarako
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hakkar, Mug'thol

Unread post by Rarako »

Currently the highest damage pets for mini-maxing would be:
Marks/Survival : Wolf
BM: 1. Devilsaur (in a raid setting), 2. Wolf (if no one knows how to buff), 3. Spirit Beast (can be higher than a wolf or on par with the Devilsaur depending on gear)

Hope this helped. You might want to hit up the Hunter forums at MMO-Champion for more info. Just be forewarned they can get a bit snippy if you don't try to look up info before hand...

Many thanks to Vephriel for the amazing sig!