WoW RP Characters

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

WoW RP Characters

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've been here, haha.... But I recently got into sort of RPing in WoW, and I was wondering how many of us have characters we RP with and what they are/what their basic story and personality is!

All of mine so far are sin'dorei, because I have an obsession, but I have a worgen planned as well. If you guys are interested, I'd love to share them and some of their stories.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: WoW RP Characters

Unread post by Azunara »

Pretty much every character I ever make going into has some sort of RP flavor to it. That's any game I play, whoops. Currently WoW wise I was playing my paladin for a bit--a nether drake disguised as a blood elf because I have a thing for dragons. The basic gist being they left Outlands to explore, found the whole Sunwell's new arcane/Light magicy thing to be kind of nifty, and decided to learn how to tap into it. So really she's not quite a paladin as she is...battlemage? Sort of? Tanky arcane magic user? Whatever.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Heh. I have a DK (who I haven't rlly started playing on yet), who's similar! She was a mage in life, not a paladin, and would've actually been raised to be a lesser kind of lich.... But game mechanics. So she's ended up not being able to access her magic anymore, since she's dead, and it doesn't really matter if you're good with a sword if you can't feel pain or die. You can always just get stitched back up again!
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I've a few of them, though I haven't really logged on WoW for a bit.
I don't want to write a big wall of text about each one, so I'll try to make them short and sweet.

Tarala (Ushi is the OOC name) is my Tauren Rogue. Yes, a rogue. At first she was created for the lulz but then I kinda fell in love with her. She's not a master rogue by any means. She's still in training and has much to learn. Tarala is very shy and is startled by pretty much anything. Need someone to kill something for you? Might wanna look elsewhere, because she is terrible at it! She has, however, come very close to mastering the art of stealth.

Granbulu is my Grimtotem Warrior. You won't find her IC anywhere near a Horde city! She's most likely due to retire because of Drama with some friends, but yeah. I still love her. She is one mean killing machine. Get her angry and she will lose all control over herself. Swing first think later is kinda her style.

Nafi is due for some major changes, as I never really got a chance to RP her. But the basic background for her is that she's a Druid that has a bit of trouble with her shpae shifting. She's pretty much always stuck in an animal form. She also drinks heavily. Like. Always. XD I wanted to have her always drunk and super happy. But when she's sober she turns all dark and murderous xD We'll see though. Oh, did I mention she's a Worgen?

Lets see... I also have Plumpi. She's a panda. Her birthplace was the little village (Now Alliance) in the Jade forest. She's very very shy and tends to keep to herself.. But she loves animals. You'll often find her sitting off to the side somewhere feeding birds and such. She's recently saved a Darkhound from certain death and has become rather close friends with it. The beast is quite crude and grumbly around others, but Plumpi and him seem to get along just fine :3

Siggy under construction!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ah, those are excellent, Bowno! I just realized I should probably give some information about my own, haha......

Um Giltine is a sin'dorei shadow priest, and is actually a character from my book!!! That's why her name is v non-elven (tho in-game reason is that her family had been ambassadors to Lordaeron and gave their children more human-esque names to make things simpler). Before the destruction of the sunwell, she had a son and was expecting another child w her husband. Their son went missing, however, and she lost the unborn child by using her abilities as a priest to lessen her husband's addiction and bring it into herself (since it can't just.... not go anywhere). Despite having never really used arcane magic in the past, she began heavily drawing on it, as well as taking the fel taint her husband was starting to develop. She lost the ability to use the Light and quite nearly became wretched.

She's now incredibly bitter, and finds herself becoming a shadow priest; an often fatal profession. Her husband has become a warlock, as he doesn't trust himself to be a mage any longer, and the two wander around doing mercenary work for money. While they don't consider themselves part of the Horde, they're at least accepted there. We haven't figured out anything for them post-Sunwell restoration, but they do find their son with his aunt and uncle in Dalaran and end up having a daughter.

Baem'niel is another sin'dorei, but he's actually the love interest of Giltine's daughter. So far into the future, haha. His story isn't totally developed, as I only made him a few days ago, but his parents followed Kael'thas to Outland. They left, became part of the Scryers, and eventually moved back to Silvermoon.

His backstory is v headcanon reliant, however. I can't imagine blood elves welcoming the Scryers back, not after how we deal with the wretched (who are shown to still be capable of rational thought and even form small alliances and have leaders) and other """evil""" blood elves. I see it all as being rather split down the middle, and that they'd be officially welcomed back... But also face heavy discrimination.

Bae's parents were murdered for having followed Kael'thas and having a much stronger fel taint than those who didn't. He was running an errand at the time, and managed to escape. He was only fifteen (and I do mean literally fifteen, not elven fifteen. Physically fifteen and mentally just a child, though that's also a bit headcanon reliant and goes off how half-elves mature, as I can't seem to find anything on sin'dorei). He ends up becoming a ranger, of sorts, teaching himself how to use a bow and befriending animals, making partnerships so he can actually survive. He's incredibly awkward, tends to put his foot in his mouth, and blushes more often than he doesn't.

I also have his surviving aunt as a character (everyone else in his family is dead; she was smart enough to stay in Shattrath). She's completely awful, still loyal to Kael'thas despite the rest of her family forcing her to join the Scryers, looks down on anyone who uses things like bloodthistle (which Bae is reliant on) to lessen their addiction, and has become a warlock (she was originally a mage, just like pretty much every elf who followed Kael'thas). Her name is Lel'iael, and that's about all I have for her.

Finally, I have Rem'thea. I don't have anything for her except that she was one of the quel'dorei warriors who died in the battle against Arthas, and was promptly raised as a DK (note: my knowledge on when Arthas actually started creating death knights is very..... fuzzy.) to help slaughter her friends and family and destroy her homeland. She feels at least partly responsible for the fall of the quel'dorei and, though she allows people to think she was sin'dorei when she died, she avoids blood elves for that reason.
• Aela's Pet Journal

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I love making stories and although I don’t often rp in groups I do like to do solo RP as I level. I haven’t played in a while but most of my toons have their own stories, personalities, favorite pets and preferred quest types ect ect.

SylviaDragon: (Night elf huntter) Sylvia often has two settings, “dead serious” and “devil may care killer”. She was a sniper serving in the military but after losing one too many friends she became too much of a vengeful zealot with her own set of priorities and was soon discharged. She doesn’t get along with many humanoid friends but has a strong bond with her pets, mounts and companions. She has a cunning and distrustful mindset and love the thrill of player versus player battle. She tends to have no real “side” and doesn’t question the morals behind any given job as she often works as a hired gun. The closest any faction has come to gaining her complete loyalty would be the Klaxxi.
She has an odd weakness for the Northrend and outland orphans though- and a baby raptor from ZG tends to tug at her heart strings. Despite remaining distant, she still watches over her few surviving friends.

Zirithious: (troll) Ziri had the misfortune of being a blue skinned troll born in Zul’aman. She and her mother had to flee their home under the accusations that her mother had been unfaithful. Zirithious lost her mother to sickness soon after, but a blood elf ranger found her and adopted her. Zirithious fell into the lap of luxury but being a Zul’aman troll in Silvermoon made it hard for her to make any friends. Her father wanted her to follow in his footsteps and be a mage but she didn’t have the temper for it. Zirithious left home, became a shaman (and also dabble in the art of being a hunter, which got her kicked out of training for not making up her mind) and worked as a bounty hunter for a while before meeting her future husband, Solaran, and settling down in Outlands.
Ziri loves children, her two raptors Sin and Grin and has gained a good reputation with the Bronze Dragon Flight. She also spent time in the plague lands and views the Paladins there as her brothers.

Solaran: (blood elf) Solaran lost his parents to the trolls of Zul’aman when he was a teenager. He turned to the paladin order since they were willing to give him and his younger sister food and housing so long as he trained with them. Unfortunately, his mentor was killed by a warlock with a good amount of political power. Soleran and his sister witnessed the murder so the warlock killed his sister and blamed Solaran for the death of his mentor when the young paladin managed to escape. He has been on the run ever since.
Eventually he met Zirithious on the path to Outlands. He didn’t take kindly to her at first since she came from Zul’aman but she was stubborn enough to stick with him anyway. The Warlock eventualy caught up with them and after a battle that nearly cost them their lives, they managed to defeat him and reach Outlands.
Solaran tends to be rather cynical and sarcastic and isn’t all that great at fighting since he never finished his training. His favorite mount is a dragonhawk named Annaha.

Caracal: (night elf druid) Caracal was once good friends with Sylvia when they worked in the military together. Her growing distain towards others has pushed them apart but he still crosses paths with her fairly often. Caracal tends to take on the less climatic jobs and is content to explore the world and accept quests concerning things such as ridding farms of vermin or collecting wildlife samples.
He spends much of his down time as a merchant in Dalaran where he sells the skins he has collected. Sylvia often sends him her spoils of war and in exchange for selling them for her, he gets some of the profit. Needless to say he is living quite comfortably and has found peace after his time fighting so many wars.

Zamies: (night elf death knight) Zamies died early on in the fight against the Lich King. He has since been freed of his bonds and now wanders Azeroth as a silent, often brooding figure. He did a lot of killing while under the Lich King’s sway and now he is just looking to make up for some of the pain he caused so he can find peace with his new existence.
He doesn’t remember much of his old life but someone obviously remembers him. He keeps getting the occasional care package with enough funds to keep him going but he hasn’t found out who’s sending them. (Spoiler, its Sylvia. She keeps track of her friends. Even the dead-ish ones.)
He has gained what he sees as an ironic brotherhood with his frostbrood mount and her stillborn hatchling, Skree.

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Oh, I like all of those, Sylvia!
• Aela's Pet Journal

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Thank you ^.^ I rather like your Baem'niel character myself.

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ah, thanks! Bae is one of my favourites, haha.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Double posting (sorry!) just to say that if you guys ever want a second opinion on a character, need some help with lore, anything, please feel free to send me a PM! I'm an English major with an emphasis on creative writing, I've been peer-reviewing for four years, and I read extensively. I've also run a DA OCT, helped build another, and have a third in the works, all of which required judging story lines and characters. While my lore knowledge is mostly specified to sin'dorei, I enjoy researching it and trying to piece lore together into something that makes sense (considering Blizzard tends to muck up their own lore a bit). I'm also very fond of making headcanons for things that aren't specified in lore that make sense within it!

I really do enjoy creating characters, and I enjoy helping others create realistic, believable characters even more. I'll always do my best to help you keep the spirit of your character, while also helping you fix any "problems" (if it breaks lore, is OP, is cliche, etc.) your character may have, should you wish for those "problems" to go away.
• Aela's Pet Journal

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I've had several WoW RP characters, or at least characters I had intention to RP but then the idea kinda fizzled out. >_> My two longest running ones though are Indigosa and Rosaliah.

Indi has since been retired, but she's probably my most fleshed out character and required an assload of research and even then she could still be considered a Mary Sue to some. I have never again tried to make another character like her. >_< Her ghetto little background story thing is hiding around in the fan art/writing section of these forums somewhere. xD In short, she's a former dragon that got killed in her high elf form and raised as a death knight. I then went kinda crazy with her later on and let her get corrupted and do all kinds of fun and nasty stuff with her blood powers. :lol: She was a blast to play, but the time came to retire her and I've been way too nervous to ever attempt such a complicated, weird, Sue-y character again.

Rose is my other "main" RP character and she's a blood elf hunter. The poor thing has been through a few changes throughout her RP experience and she could probably stand a little more fleshing out, but in essence she started off as kind of a cold-blooded, cold-hearted, young, mercenary who then, through the course of an RP or two, started learning morals and questioning her purpose and why she was doing certain things and whatnot. For someone who killed her own parents for being Kael'thas supporters she's come a long way. xD I like her a lot though and feel bad that I don't always give her the attention she deserves because she's a more reserved character and not as bold as Indi.

One character I'd like to expand upon is Elderaan, a blood elf paladin I made upon my last venture into activating my WoW account. He kind of assertively stumbled into my head and I'm hoping to use him as a partner for Rose. He's kind of everything she's not. xD He's a bit of a loud, spontaneous, boisterous holy paladin that has the curiosity of a cat and doesn't always know when to shut up. And he likes to wear dresses, I mean robes. :P He's not fully fleshed out yet but I think he could be a lot of fun. xD

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Interesting! Will you be giving your pally the plate skirts?
• Aela's Pet Journal

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

If I reactivate my account again, totally. xD I love most of the pally tier sets with skirts anyway so he'll definitely be sporting some plate skirts as his transmog if I can get him leveled. :lol:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I thought I'd go ahead and paste my MRPs in here; we could all use this to give each other feedback!

• Aela's Pet Journal

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I think that's a great MRP, Aeladrine! I'll have to get on re-filling out my own (as it's been blank since the computer crash last year). I'm still torn between MRP and TotalRP2 as addons. It really is too bad you can't use them at the same time (as they both have their unique advantages). Oh well... Decisions, decisions. ^.~

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'd definitely go with TRP2! I've used both, and I like it a bit more. I know some people prefer the simplicity of MRP, though. (And thanks!)
• Aela's Pet Journal

PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

My main character is of course the one I RP most, and this being Petopia and him being a hunter, I feel he's most appropriate to post here. Putting more than one MRP would also feel like a complete and utter wall-of-text situation, because I try to really flesh out the character. I only have a description, I leave little in his history, mostly just a few minor details such as how he's older than he physically seems, how his accent wavers between light and heavy (and sometimes speaks with none at all for "difficult" words), and a voice reference. His name is Tazza.

"Too much. I 'ave seen too much. Enough fo' ten lifetimes. I wish I could wash it all away. Fo'get. Jus' let go. But I cannot. Still, I stand. Still, I push. Still, I am unbroken. An' still, I see."

Recently had some ink done. His tusks have been stained black, and the inside of his maw has been bathed in black. His lips, gums, tongue, everything was dyed black. His teeth have been capped with dark iron, filed to threatening, curved points that all fit together perfectly like a puzzle. Tazza has taken on some other drastic changes in the past few months. He appears to have been through some stress, as shown by the wrinkles creeping across his face, and given over more of himself to his bestial side.

Tazza has always been a bit of an oddball, able to turn a head or two. His thick, dark, ash-colored fur, along with his strange body type, can make it difficult to place his Amani ancestry. He was toned and muscular, but still lean and lithe, making him appear lankier than his forest brothers. But still, he was thicker than jungle trolls, leading some over the years to judge him to be some kind of half-breed upon seeing him. His body was covered with scars, some self-inflicted, though most are the result of decades of combat. Recently, he's gone through some wild changes - his legs and feet have extended out and become digitigrade like the legs of a worgen. His claws have changed, going from black, hard, pointed nails to giant flesh-renders. They've thickened out and are slightly curved (I imagine something like the Kun-Lai yeti's claws, or the claws of the trolls from Skyrim.). The claws of his toes are more talon-like, like a raptor or bird of prey. His forearms have grown longer and a little bulkier, letting him walk on his knuckles and cast a gorilla-like pose.

To top off his dark fur, and usually dark armor, was a head of wiry, wild red hair pulled back into several braids held in place with a mix of gold and silver hoops. Another animalistic feature has sprouted along his hairline, and in a few places throughout his mane: small and thin feathers, not unlike that of a dragonhawk or perhaps a wind serpent, have began to grow. A wild, spiked red beard has grown out to frame the rest of Tazza's face, with its own fair share of tiny feathers, though smaller here. The primal's face was sharp and angular, and slightly elongated. His eyes were very striking - his left eye was bright yellow, ringed with a forest green. His sclera - that is, the whites of his eye - was black. The eye had a cat-like pupil, a slit, and the eye became brighter and more beastly as he sunk deeper into his primal rages. His right eye was missing, sometimes with an eyepatch, sometimes without. In other times, mostly during combat, the empty socket was occupied by what he called his "Beast Eye", a red orb of spiritual energy that glowed fiercely, with a white-hot shard in the center. This eye gave him a special predator's vision, that he could explain to those that asked. His nose was crooked and hooked over just slightly, like the beak of a bird of prey. Ancestral and ceremonial paintings dotted his face with simple markings and patterns, all done with bright, bone-white pigments and the occasional warm color, such as red or yellow. His maw was full of sharp, pointed fangs, some jutting up and over his lips. His tusks twisted and turned, much like the tusks of a mammoth. They started sharply downward, snaked forward, and the ends pointed upward and outward. The tusks are carved with runes not totally unlike those carved into the tusks of the tuskarr of Northrend. The runes are filled with a dark ink that shines metallic green if the light catches it right. His ears curve upward instead of downward, and are able to swivel at will.

Tazza was like a ghost in the wilderness. He seemed to fade out of sight if he got too far ahead - the very terrain swallowing him whole. Branches and shrubs scarcely even rustle as he passes by, as if they simply went through him. The color of the surrounding area bled into him, even cloaking the glows of his eyes. Faint illusions covered his form when seen from a distance, making it appear that leaves, vines or roots were growing from him.

( The bits below are parts that's included in the history section. )

Tazza's somewhat known around the Horde. He's certainly from an older time, but looks much younger than he actually is. It may take some talking to get this story out of him. He's happy to share his story of how he became part of the Horde, though, just ask. Other old veterans may be able to tell you of him as well - he's been in most of the New Horde's campaigns and battles.

Voice reference: tinyurl.com/tazzavoice

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Deathly is my oldest -- and by far my most fleshed out character, with Harpier being the second, and Daniel being the third -- but I have never really been able to get into WoW RP as much as I'd like to tbh I really should though, but I have no idea where to start and I'm really self-conscious about my RP abilities l-lol which sucks because I make all these personalities and backstories for characters and then I just never end up using them ffff

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

Never did get done with my shaman on an rp realm i find it hard to get in to the already going community with a fresh made character i have tried writing a story about my shaman in a text doc and so far i have her back story a bit down its nothing great and its really hard having to figure out the game alone i have been considering seeing if there are anyone interested in making a rp from scratch and start out on a European rp realm and work the storys together

also back in vanilla our guild forums used to have rp storys i remember one of our guildies being awesome at writing a story of how they meet the guildies and so on

If love is an illusion to hell with reality