Dawn of the Blessing OOC

Should we allow three typings for a pokemon? (IE Fire/Grass/Flying)

No. We've always had it at two, let's keep it. Besides, it might get OP.
76%
Yes. Change is good, it gives a wider variety. It won't be that bad.
24%

Total votes: 17

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Dawn of the Blessing OOC

Unread post by Azunara »

Right okay serious talk time

Both threads have gotten a bit slow and I think a lot of people have felt sidelined or neglected for a few reasons. I don't think it's intentional, but I wouldn't mind if we had a chat really quick.

First--serious think as to what we want to have the threads go in and the direction. Both threads seem sort of aimless right now. I think we need more Johto Blessing or people willing to NPC that, and I thinkwe need to actually consider what we want them to do. Uh, additionally I think once we figure out the direction we want the threads to go in and have done some brainstorming as to the next plot arc so to speak, I think we need to consider cutting down on some characters that you can live without RPing.

Last time I checked we have 40-50 characters. And not just in total, but in both threads. So there's around 100 characters running around. That's a lot to keep track of. And I think that's a big reason why people are falling to the side. So I think we seriously need to consider cutting back on characters. I know I'll likely prune a few characters down to one or two that I want to use.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Already talked this over with Azu, but I'm in support of cutting back on characters a little. It's really rough to read through and keep track of that many characters, and it's making immersion hard for some of us. >.< Or, in some cases, making people feel ignored or unimportant, even if it's not intentional.

As for the Blessing- I think I'd like to see them doing some more spying and less fighting- at least in the Unova thread! They've done so much fighting already that something a little less combat-oriented could be neat.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Ah yes. I get so bogged down with how many characters there are. I honestly dont know what's happening in unova other than what's happening with Rin and the gang cuz I just dont read it. I dont have time. Its too much.

I honestly wanted Peter to be more of an assassin but its been hard to play that role due to the apparent constant need for fighting sprees lol if we could turn these sporadic battles into an actual war with spying and assassinations then I think that'd be better.

I'd really like it if we introduced the concept of the anti blessing actually coming together in one or both threads. I feel like with everything happening there should be a group forming against them right now. Like an actual opposing force and not just a few pokemon scattered here and there but that may just be me. I thought that's what we were originally going with but it seems like we've just been scatter brained even after all that preplanning

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Yeah, and I have a character I've yet to introduce and one I don't really know what to do with (I'm honestly thinking of tossing Loki into the background since I can't really play evil aligned characters like him). I've been able to keep up pretty well with everything, but I also agree that it's a bit much with the number of characters we have.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

I'm probably going to go through and list some of my characters in the sheet as "background" and "minor" Shadess Is probably only going to show up here or there, she's not exactly social. And the kid Characters, like Bastet, Taro- they're only going to have a part if they're mentioned. (Like Khalilah when Virizion eventually shows up for plot reasons.)

I'm also considering switching out Spinnaker for Zox and Kim. (Kim wont say much and will be biting Zox's tail most of the time. Slowbro for the win)
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Alright, cutting down characters would be a good thing. Dealing with the pre-established, vaguely cliqueish relationships would be a good thing as well. (I've noticed that's a difference in the threads--the Johto people are very accepting of new people, the Unova people are very anti-new people and mistrustful.) Exploring more of the motivations behind the Blessing would be good as well. I know the Johto thread will likely lead to more subterfuge tactics to deal with the enemy, trying to sow discontent. Perhaps the Unova Blessing should change tactics? Focusing more on subterfuge as well, or maybe we coudl start poking at the more scientific aspect of stuff. I know I really want to see some sort of Blessing effort to cure "mutants".
Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Yep, I'm gonna be cutting down some characters myself. Most of them (Stormie, Rhythym, Remiel, Chiyoko, Lir and.. Uh.. Reynard (even if he wasn't anything but a minor characters anyway)) will be background characters that will make occasional appearances, but they're mostly gonna be minor characters. (Another character or two may be minor characters that make small appearances as well.)

Then I intend to drop Fallon and Brigid completely. I originally planned to do so after doing a little.. Sideplot with them before I dropped them.. But I'm tempted to just drop them right off the bat. (Honey and I can work on that little plot I plan ourselves, anyway. XD)

However, I plan to bring in Cobalion, Virizion and Keldeo. I hate to bring in more characters to offset some I'm dropping, but having all four of my Legendary Musketeers in this is very important to me, and I have been planning to bring those three in... I just never found a place to bring them in so far.

So including them, I'll have about 8 characters in the Unova thread. Being Terrakion, Cobalion, Virizion, Keldeo, Antares, Bellflower, Lunaire and Shi Yu. (Shi Yu would be a purely minor character like the other kids, but I figure she may be a biiiiit more active because of Ciar.)

I almost wish I could cut it down more, but I have reasons to have all of those characters as active ones. I hope 8 isn't too much?

(I want to note that on the subject of the house group being rather.. Mistrustful of any outsiders, I have a feeling that Virizion will at least try to get them to be.. Less like that. So that might help sliiiightly?)

(Aaaand I'll try to weigh in on the Blessing related stuff in a while, once I've had time to think more about that subject. Sort of recovering from a con currently. The con was incredibly fun, but maaaan was it exhausting! XD)
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

I need to apologise for my absence from the RP this week. I've been having some mental issues, and the RP has actually become a source of stress. It's not the only reason my less-than-fantastic mood, but it's certainly a factor. As such, I feel like I need to step away from the RP for a bit. Not forever, just for a little while until things calm down a little.

The Johto blessing characters I brought in are meant to be side characters to help bolster up the flailing numbers there, but I'd be very happy to drop any or all of them if need be. Harrier is also likely to become more of a side character as well, although a bit more active hopefully. I admit that I'm not a super big fan of RPing in the Unova Blessing environment as it stands. Having them be a bit less growly and killy would certainly help with that.
I admit that I'm one of the people having a lot of issues following a big chunk of the family group in the Unova thread as well. It's been very hard for me to follow along with what's happening with them - moreover I've had some troubles with characters either being ignored, or with other characters stealing the scene and, well, making me feel less important, as dumb as that sounds.
I would very much appreciate not only having things pruned down a little, but also possibly formatted a little better? Having spaces between lines of dialogue between different characters really helps break up the monotony of a scene and make it easier to read for dumb people like me.

Senna-Umbreon

Well, considering how the... Large group that Honey and I have seems to be the biggest problem in all of this.. What do you guys want us to do about it? We're both already cutting down a lot of characters to minor roles, which should help... But is there anything else you guys can think of? (To be honest, I think the two of us have backed ourselves into a corner by having this group away from the house now. Because we can't just have almost everyone in the group beyond our active ones off in some safe place where they aren't even background characters. I suppose it's our own fault for having issues with the house getting destroyed, which lead to the group having to leave... But yeah, we're sort of backed into a corner now with this.)

(Also, Moon, I want to apologize if I've been a part of the ignoring or spotlight stealing problem. If I have, I've never meant to. Sometimes I just end up completely missing things so I seem like I ignore things? I'm pretty sure that's the case for everyone else as well? Also, do I need to fix any formatting in my posts, or are they alright for you?)
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

My apologies if I'm coming off as picky, snobby or otherwise abrasive here - not my intention at all. It's just been a rough couple of days and my word choices aren't the best. I'm not mad with anyone here, nor do I want to blame anyone for my issues. It's a large group we have here, and as flawed human beings sometimes things slip through the cracks or get misinterpreted. It happens. I just... happened to take it harder than I really should have. No harm, no foul. I just feel the need to be honest with you guys. I also don't want to point fingers at specific instances if you don't mind.

We can always get the group a temporary safe-house for the non-combattants to reside in, that could solve the issue of having a lot of them roaming about. And I agree that having a bit more interaction between everyone in that group would help out a lot.
Your formatting has been fine Senna, sorry if I upset you inadvertently.

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I've been trying to keep my formatting as neat as possible when it concerns multiple characters, and I'm sorry if mine hasn't been the best. I also end up feeling slighted whenever one of my characters ends up ignored by someone they're speaking to specifically and I'm still nervous about accidentally rubbing someone the wrong way since I'm new to not only this RP, but to this group and universe.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Welp, it's been a few days…What are we doing? I feel like everyone's waiting for someone else. It feels like all the ideas have been hashed, so let's get a more concise plan and start this thing back up!

Drop some characters. Add a few background ones. I don't mind RPing a scientist for the sake of showing a side of The Blessing that's trying to cure rather than purify. What thread would we do that in? Both? The Blessing seems rather lackluster in both threads with very few characters in the Johto one and the Unova one being…meh. I'm pretty sure there's really only Peter in the Johto one besides Moon's characters which is why I never know what to do with him. Maybe we should join the threads soon since they're both in need of change and the numbers in Johto are poor. Combining them would boost the numbers without adding characters. It's really up to you guys though since I'm still a noob.

Senna-Umbreon

I was under the assumption that we were waiting for some of the others to weigh in on the last little bit on discussion? At least I was.

Regardless... I'm gonna reply to some stuff now, because I honestly should have earlier. XD

@Moon, I really like the idea of finding some safe-house of some sort for the majority of the house group in Unova. It would mean we wouldn't have to worry about them. :D and don't worry about it all, I understand having rough days. And I wasn't really upset at all, just wanted to make sure that first off, I had apologized if I had accidentally played a part in accidentally ignoring people, and to make sure if my formatting was alright. XD

@Falcon, like I said to Moon, I'm sorry if I've somehow played a part in accidentally ignoring you. D: And while I can't speak for everyone, I'm sure any time anyone has ignored something, it's just been by accident. I don't think anyone of us would ignore someone on purpose. And don't worry about being new, either. You're doing totally fine! <3

@Jurz, I dunno if it's the right time to do the group merge yet? At least, I supposed I always imagined it happening closer to the plot's end? Regardless, I'm rather content with how things are going with the separate threads currently. But I'd like to see what everyone else thinks on the matter. (Also, Seren, Honey and I all have Blessing characters in the Johto thread. XP)
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

On an Unova note, what if Mattie brought them all to the safehouse anyway? That could work.

Also, if I do switch out Spinnaker, which is becoming likely, Zox and Kim are sweethearts, and will balance out the 'evil' more.

I'm also trying to not ignore anyone, but if I am I'm sorry...

On a In general note, I don't think the merge should happen soon either. We've got mini plots going on, we just need to fix up the main ones a little. Other then that, I think things are sounding ok.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I think we should start laying ground work for a merge though--and especially once it's inevitable and we have less characters and it's more feasible. (I guess I wouldn't really want to try and push it now, if only because the sheer number of characters would be insane, and the Blessing isn't exactly recognized as a threat. The Unova group is like "rude those dudes are kind of trying to kill us" and the johto group is like "...what the hell just happened")

Communications in higher ups could be okay or whatever. But we do need to seriously figure out what the next step is and how we're going to do it. Maybe we can have the Johto thread start doing bounties and trying to get people to turn in each other in, as Moon had earlier suggested I believe, and the Unova thread can get a bit more openly kidnapping and/or whatever, primarily because they're working on SCIENCE. More like trying to 'cure' hybrids. We could probably set them up doing that. The House group seems relatively self-sustaining right now at least, although hopefully once they hear about the kidnappings or whatever we go with they'll make a move.

As for the Johto group, blurgh that'll be a bit harder to figure out what do for them. I'd imagine they'd want to figure out why exactly the town flipped out and/or what happened to the blessing camp. Sort of do some investigation footwork. I'd be half-tempted to say they go back or have someone fill them in on the Blessing being shady so they do actively go out and try to find the Blessing and sort of look into them.
TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Windrunner

Unread post by TK-Hikaru13 »

I am so sorry for being so inactive.

The issue of too many characters puts me in a tight spot. While I had characters I wanted to introduce, it means I can drop Sin. I'll admit to not really following the Unova Blessing, and for that he's suffered. So I think I'll either fully drop him or leave him as a side character.

However, that said, there's still at least one important character I had wanted to introduce. Zephyr. And that's something I'd like to talk to you about Azu.

I've had the idea she's already working for Eklepsis. And since the Johto group needs some action...Would it be too godmodding/metagaming to have her pop in on them and basically tell them of the Eklepsis? I totally understand if it makes her far too OP and sueish, I just wanted to run this idea by you first.
Walpurgis~ Brought to you by the lovely Senna.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

@TK

I think we're all confused on Ekleipsis, 'least I am. I didn't think it was an actual official group beyond the Johto folks, I didn't know if we wanted to run with that idea of it being a mysterious spooky faction or if it was just a random name we assigned the not-Blessing so we don't have to call them not-Blessing.

If we did want to go with Ekleipsis being an actual stealth group that's been spying on Blessing, that might be helpful. Depends on what others think as well.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Having Ekliepsis be prestablished might get us back on track quicker, I'm not opposed at least.
Senna-Umbreon

I was under the assumption that Ekleipsis was just the name we were using for our protagonist group, myself. XD I mean, that was why we came up with it in the first place, anyway. Since Azu and I had gone "let's think of an actual name for our anti-Blessing group that isn't just that or 'generic protagonist group'", and we came up with Ekleipsis for it. Though I'm not really adversed to making it a pre-established faction... I sort of like keeping it as simply the name for our protagonist group. But if we can make it being an already existing group work, then yeah let's do that?
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:
@Jurz (Also, Seren, Honey and I all have Blessing characters in the Johto thread. XP)
It was just a generalization lol I didn't mean to leave you, Honey and Seren out, I promise. It was more or less me pointing out that The Blessing in Johto are…too good. I feel like there needs to be a balance. A little more assassinating and spying in Johto would be nice. And the Unova Blessing are too bad in my opinion, so I really like Azu's idea of having some Blessing looking for a cure rather than killing them all. Just my thoughts though.

Personally, I was under the impression that The Ekleipsis was going to be more unified. Not as much an organization, just an actual opposing force rather than a few groups of scatter brained Pokemon, for lack of better words.

And, I never responded to other's suggestions like I should've. Bad Jurz! Sorry guys. I will now though, but it'll be a more generalized response.

I'm sorry if I ever ignored anyone, I try really hard to not to. Sometimes I feel ignored, but then I think that I must do it on accident so everyone else probably does from time to time without meaning to.

And I'm sorry if I took the spot light with Zack, it was more or less a mistake that I rolled with lol I just wanted to get him somewhere, y'know? I'm so awkward at getting my characters involved since I'm still an RP noob. Falcon, this may be your first RP here, but I think you are doing fabulously!

Also, since I tend to RP one character at a time I type it up in one paragraph. I only really feel a need to break it up if I'm RPing a conversation, in which case I break it up by speaker (unless it ends up being long, then I try to shorten it cuz I hate taking up so much space on a thread). BUT, I will try to start breaking it up so it flows better and is easier to read :)

I think that's everything?