Dawn of the Blessing (Open RP) (Johto)

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Re: Dawn of the Blessing (Open RP) (Johto)

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

((This post would have existed earlier but I played Pokemon Y all night. Oops?))

Ghost Girl, Rust - Firefly Fields, inside

While Lyra moved away, Ghost remained at Zack's side, one wing raised and tented over the hybrid. Even if there was really no practical reason to do it, she hoped it would make him feel safer at least. She gave him a smile, nodding in regards to Lyra's words. "Really, just tell us if you need anything else."

Rust padded over to Lyra, smiling a little as she grinned at him. He gave her a small nudge with his nose, then turned his head to look back at his mother. "I'm still finding it hard to believe she's back... It feels like this is just a dream, and not actually real..." He remarked quietly.
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

((Cool beans. In essence I just need some villagers who have been hurt by the fleeing Tower Pokemon to rant angrily about them, and to further spread the rumours that they were the ones who caused this, either directly or indirectly.))

Asher, Darius and Sonnet - Camp > Ecruteak

The camp was thankfully not all that far away from the city proper. Sonnet kept the pace steady, the silent absol scouting ahead and keeping an eye out for any danger ahead. She stopped as they just about reached the borders of Ecruteak, her blade-like tail swishing from one side to another. It quickly became apparent what was upsetting the quiet pokemon.
Ecruteak too had been hit by violence, although not to the same extent as the camp behind them. The burned tower, already in ill repair, now boasted several new holes. In addition, much of the paving and ground around it was cracked and uneven, as if it had been the target of earthquakes. Ash still clung to the air, relatively fresh, and there was a large-ish gathering of people and pokemon in an open area, seemingly tending to the wounded.

"Well, I guess we're likely to get answers then..." Darius muttered, his ears moving back a little. "Seems like the camp wasn't the only one hit by violence."
He turned his massive purple head to look to Chandra, giving the shadow-fox a sympathetic look. "I know seeing the camp was hard on you. If you would rather hold up and wait here, I would not blame you. Same for anyone else."

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Catharsis, Vethrfolnir - Firefly Fields, outside

Not wanting to crowd the newcomer, and not wanting to leave Veth outside by himself, Catharsis remained perched upon the Yveltal's shoulder for a few moments, before she turned her head to nuzzle a few of the long feathers that grew from the ruff at the base of his neck. Once the others were all inside, the vulpine rose to her paws and leapt to the ground, her mostly white tails trailing after her like faint moonlight.

"If someone's after you, we won't let them get you," she added, loud enough that he could hopefully hear her as the Ninetales moved to sit in front of the entrance like a sentry. Though her voice still wavered slightly when she'd speak, Catharsis hoped that she was becoming more sure of herself... a little bit at least.

Veth blushed a little at the gesture of affection, and though he was proud of how she was trying to be helpful to the others at a time like this, the Dark/Flying avian couldn't help but still worry for his Champion, since she had also been through something harsh.

"Catharsis--"

"I can handle it from here, Veth," she replied, turning her head to look at him. "You should get some rest, you may be able to hide your tiredness from everyone else, but you don't have me fooled."

"I suppose you are right, but, please, do not hesitate to wake me if something happens," he replied softly, before he moved a short distance away from the house and once again settled down, this time to get a bit of sleep.

"I won't," she murmured, watching him for a few moments before she returned to keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. "I promise."
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

Takoda, Foresight- Firefly fields

Takoda stuck by Zack's side as well, still making sure he was actually ok, and not just toughing it out. Although when a wing draped over the hybrid he respectfully pulled back a bit. It took him a little bit to remember that it was in fact, Ghost's wing. He looked back at Zack. "Do you still need my help?" He asked to him, secretly hoping yes. He could talk with Ghost if Zack didn't mind some company.

Foresight wandered a little bit, before running into the corner he had tried to sleep in earlier and flopped on the ground, assessing what he had done that day.

Lost his home
Reunited with old friends
Started a new friendship

A rather busy day. He quickly dozed off, wings lain out delicately.

Chandra- camp-> Ekruteak

Chandra gave a quick nod at the suggestion to stay back, taking it and darting off into the light cover of trees. She glanced back cautiously, then hugged her mane, giving it a few strokes. "It's going to be alright...."
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Lyra
Firefly Fields

She lowered her voice to talk to Rust, nodding. "I know what you mean. I couldn't believe it when I saw Mom again. Trust me, Rust. It's real. She's back. That, or we're sharing one really cool dream." She grinned brightly at him, glad to see that his mother had returned. She had always sort of assumed that her friend missed his mother. Seemed logical to her. She missed hers when her parents died. At least Rust had his father, although she never grudged him for that. "You two will have a lot of catching up to do."
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Peter
Forests of Johto ---> Ecruteak

Peter had been slowly killing hybrids who dared to wander in the forests. He usually burned the bodies, not leaving a single trace of their existence. Soon he overheard rumors being spread about the disappearance of Pokemon in the forests, making many wary of them and avoiding them all together. He would have to stop for now, or at least until the rumors were forgotten. He found himself near the city were the rioting had begun. Rioting now started to occur in other cities as well, but not near enough to begin the cleansing just yet. He also recognized a group of Pokemon who had just entered the city. Blessing? From that camp that was ordered to be terminated? How? He shook his head. No matter, he could use this to his advantage. Soon, hopefully, the cleansing could begin. He leapt from the tree branch he was prowling on and onto the ground before the group. "My fellow Blessing! It's just awful, absolutely terrible! I was on my way to the encampment just beyond this city to deliver a message from our leader when I witnessed the desecration of it! There was nothing I could do! The eeveelutions...no, the Ho-ohs...no…" Peter clenched his teeth and shook his head vigorously. "I'm not sure what they were exactly, but I saw them! They were finishing the deed when I arrived, so I stuck to the shadows. They laughed as they kicked dirt over the corpses of our fallen then flew back here! I followed them here where they and their hybrid friends from the tower started to attack the citizens!" The Reshiram-blessed Grovyle dropped to his hands and knees.

Zack
Firefly Fields

Once Zack curled up in his nest, he acknowledged Lyra's and Ghost's kindness with a slight nod. When Takoda asked if he needed anymore assistance, he responded, "I'd really hate to be a bother, but…I'm still rather weak, so could you place the berries from earlier right here?" He motioned to the area right next to his nest. He then glanced at Catharsis who looked to be guarding the entrance. "I heard your cry earlier. You sounded like you were in a lot of pain, a lot of emotional, psychological pain. I know that because I too cry out like that when I remember…" He paused, not wanting to continue. "Yet you still helped me. You are quite strong to have overcome that pain, strong and beautiful. Beautiful like the moonlight. Or the sunset. Your fur is a beautiful combination of both. Silvery like the light that illuminates even the darkest of nights, yet with a red hue like the sky when the sun is setting." The Zorscor continued, but his words began to slur and his speech became gibberish as he slowly fell into a slumber.

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

((This'll be my last post till after the timeskip, if we decide on it happening, that is.))

Catharsis - Firefly Fields, outside

When she heard Zack ask for someone to retrieve the berries, Catharsis rose to her paws, before she moved away from the entrance, waiting a moment before slowly sitting down once again.

"I-I didn't mean to..." Catharsis muttered softly, trailing off as she listened to the Zorscor talk, though from the sound of his voice as he went on, he sounded like he was merely rambling due to the levels of exhaustion he was under. Still, it made the Ninetales bow her head, her eyes closing.

'No, I'm none of those things...'
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((Time skip))

Solara
Firefly Fields

It was a day or so after the riot in Ecruteak, but the folks in Ecruteak were still...cold. Solara had tried to go back, visit the townsfolk and make sure no one had been hurt. Yet they all treated her with distance and cold respect at best and outright fear and anger at worse. The best move was to stay at Firefly Fields until they were truly calm. But that didn't stop the wraitheon from her mad pacing. Little leads had been made on the Blessing either. They seemed absolutely clean. Not a sign of them being troublemakers, yet Sol couldn't shake the feeling something wasn't right.

---

???
All across Johto

The posters appeared out of nowhere. Innocuous, in places that few humans tread but where those pokemon who were downtrodden and beaten would see it. Posters detailing crimes. Posters that rang with a note of possible truth. "The mutants have come to destroy us", "Their reign of terror shall end", "We will overcome them"--endless propaganda claiming that those who were mutant species needed to be punished. Bounties were placed, with extra going towards those who brought back the victims alive. The biggest one yet was for those who had last been seen at Ecruteak's Burned Tower. Pokemon began to appear, and the Blessing camps became very busy picking up refugees.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Zack
Firefly Fields

The Zorscor watched the Espeon with wings of Ho-oh pace back and forth angrily. Zack looked much healthier, but was still recuperating from all that he been through both physically and mentally. "What's wrong?" He didn't know anything about his caretakers, but there was obviously something wrong and he wanted to help as best as he could in order to repay them for being so kind.

(Bah, I'll post for Peter later.)

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Solara
Firefly Fields

Solara jumped, startled from her thoughts before looking back at Zack. "Everything. I got chased out of my home, people that were friendly days ago now want me dead, pokemon are dying and I don't know why, and there's this whole damn Blessing mess and I can't make heads or tails of it. I feel like I'm missing something, something huge that if I just knew what, it'd all sink in. But I can't remember--" She snapped, then paused, taking a deep breath. "Listen, I shouldn't have yelled. You're still recovering, you don't need me yelling at you. I just don't know where to go from here." Solara finished, drooping slightly.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Zack
Firefly Fields

The Blessing. Father. Deaths of innocents.

Zack's eyes widened and his breathing became heavier. He pulled his knees to his chest and held his head.

The Blessing. Father.

He slammed his eyes shut and bared his teeth, fighting the emerging memories.

The Blessing

He shuddered, and staggered to his feet. "They're after me… I just know it… I betrayed father… I have to leave…"

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Solara
Firefly Fields

Her own problems were forgotten as she used Morning Sun on Zack, feathers all flared as she focused on him.

Solara used Morning Sun!

"Hey, easy! Easy, stay with me. No one is going to hurt you. You're safe here. I won't let anyone touch you." An edge came to Solara's voice, one that made it clear she was more than willing to carry out on her threat. "Who's after you? Who did you betray? We can help you."
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Foresight- Firefly fields

Foresight couldn't help but listen to Solara and Zack's conversation. The whole situation they were in was worrying enough, but Catharsis, and now Zack, freaking out... It put him arguably more on edge than the concept of the blessing did. At least, for the moment. The blessing was something to consider as more frightening, depending on how things went.

He wanted to join in the conversation, but he had nothing to say, and so kept his distance. He could always join in later.

Chandra- Outskirts of a blessing camp

The Blessing was busy. Really busy. Chandra shouldn't be taking a break right now, but she felt she must. She was cloaked at the edge of camp, watching everyone bustle to and fro. "It's going to be ok..." she whispered as she stroked her matted mane gently. She felt lonely. But she didn't really want anyone to talk to her. The destroyed camp, the fact that she probably shouldn't even be alive... It tore at her. Her fingers shook a little bit, and she hummed to herself to calm down.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Zack
Firefly Fields

"The Blessing," he forced the words and collapsed onto his paws and knees, his eyes widening again and his breathing quickening in pace. "My father… He's after me! I betrayed him. I refused to be his puppet for The Blessing any longer. He'll want me dead now that I am no use to him. He'll want me dead now because I am a mutant. The purification is coming!" Zack screamed the words. "The purification is coming, and it's all my fault." Tears rolled down his checks and gravitated towards the ground. "I didn't mean to… He made me! He made me kill a father in front of a child… I created a weapon for The Blessing… I gave that child a reason to hate impure Pokemon like me by killing his father… I just…I just wanted my father's love and affection. He was all I had!" The Zorscor collapsed onto his side and breathed deeply in an attempt to calm down.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Solara
Firefly Fields

"Easy, easy." Solara said, flaring her large wings and tenting them around Zack, both shielding him from view of others and to help provide a smaller, quiet space for him. Maybe it'd help him feel protected, or at least hidden. "No one is going to get you. You're surrounded by people who'd do what they can to keep you alive. Whatever mistakes you made, you did so out of fear. I'm not holding them against you. No one is." The screams of purification didn't sit well with Solara. It coincided with what some of the refugees who had made it here said, despite the supposedly beneficial nature of the Blessing.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Catharsis -- Firefly Fields

Catharsis had also recovered pretty well, though her tails still dragged behind her a bit and she tended to keep her head down, but these were more due to depression rather than fatigue. She sat quietly nearby, watching Solara pace with worried eyes, but then Zack had another breakdown, the sight causing the Ninetales to grit her teeth. Many of his words cut her to the bone, threatening to dredge up more horrible memories, but Catharsis managed to keep herself composed for once.

She stole a quick glance over at Vethrfolnir, to see that the Yveltal was currently asleep again. He had been far more exhausted than he had let on from a combination of his search for her, from the battle back at the Tower, and from carrying so many passengers to safety. He definitely deserved some rest after all that had happened.

A deep sigh left her before she rose to her paws and moved closer to where Solara and Zack were, stopping a respectful distance from them before she once against sat down.

"Solara's right," she said softly. "We won't let you fall into their clutches again. Your father will pay for what he forced you to do. I... was in a similar situation to you before, and I hate myself for every moment of it." She paused for a few moments, considering, before once again speaking. "You know... you remind me of someone I couldn't protect, and I'm not going to make that same mistake again."
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

(Welp, time to procrastinate on Organic Chem HW…even though I have a test this week >>)

Zack
Firefly Fields

Zack's breathing slowed and he looked up at the Espeon, then towards the Ninetales, then back at the Espeon. "I do not deserve such kindness," he sighed, "But thank you." He slowly got back onto his feet, swaying a little at first, and turned towards Sol after glancing at Catharsis. "Is there anyway I can repay you for showing me such kindness?"

(I'll post for my Blessing characters' sometime soon, I promise!)
Last edited by Jurz on Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Solara
Firefly Fields

"Just keep recovering, really. We'll figure something out about the Blessing soon enough, and whatever you and Catharsis and anyone else who interacted with them knows will be important. Helping people out is my job." She grinned wryly at that, then glanced over at Catharsis. "Listen, Catharsis. I don't know everything that's happened to you, but whatever it was, just remember none of it was your fault. It was in the past. Don't let it haunt you."
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Foresight- Firefly fields

Foresight paused for a long moment before stepping toward the conversation. "We have all been through some hardship or other, it seems." He shifted his wings awkwardly, realizing that he didn't exactly have much to say after that. "We... I... Um...." his face scrunched up a little and his ears flicked a tiny bit backward. "...... I'm sorry for intruding."
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

(I am so sorry for taking so long to post. Haven't been exactly cheery as of late.))

Catharsis, Vethrfolnir -- Firefly Fields

"That's... easier said than done," the Ninetales replied meekly, lowering her gaze from the Wraitheon as she hung her head, her ears pinned back against her skull. "I can't rest until Loki has been dealt with. He... made me do so many horrible things..." She trailed off, shuddering.

When Foresight spoke up, she raised her head, turning to rest her pale blue eyes upon him. "You're not intruding," she said softly. "It's been hard for all of us."

Near the conversation, the Yveltal finally stirred, a quiet yawn leaving him as he moved to stretch. Though he'd managed to get an adequate amount of sleep, mentally he still felt a bit drained. Veth blinked as he caught the tail end of the conversation, wondering why Foresight believed that he felt like he was intruding when he was as much a part of this group as everyone else present was.

"We are all in this together," he added gently, his attention upon the shiny Jolteon, before moving to settle upon Zack. "If the Blessing really are a problem, then we need to remain united if we wish to deal with them."