thinking about makeing a rp toon

dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

thinking about makeing a rp toon

Unread post by dragonaa »

ever sence i started playing wow ive wanted to make a rp toon ive never got around to it and ive decided its time to make 1 what realm wolld be best (shes gonna be a hunter) and any1 have a rp guild that i can join on their realm

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: thinking about makeing a rp toon

Unread post by Azunara »

I don't know if Ghostlands is EU or not.

If you're US, I would recommend WrA or MG. If you're EU, then I think Argent Dawn has had good things said about them, as well as Earthen Ring.

When looking for a guild, check the realm forums of whatever sever you choose, and remember wowwiki/wowpedia/etc are your best friends when it comes to lore. Follow the lore, and people will take you seriously. Don't, and they'll ignore you.
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

thank you and yes ghostlands is us

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

A lot of the roleplaying servers are simply DEAD. From what I've heard, roleplay on most roleplay servers either just doesn't happen or is mostly confined to small groups that tend not to be interested in outsiders. I highly recommend joining Moon Guard or Wyrmrest Accord -- while those realms also have a higher concentration of creeps and drama llamas, that's where you can actually see roleplay happen in the streets and participate without tons of setup or without having to know the right guy.

I suggest floating your character concept by this forum when you have an idea of what you want to roleplay. Lots of easy snags can trip you up in roleplay, like accidentally saying your tauren is way too short, or forgetting an important detail in the timeline, or choosing a name that doesn't fit with the setting at all. We'd be happy to help streamline it, correct it if needed, and get you off to a good start.

And finally, the addon Myroleplay is a must! That's how you often set up the supplemental information to make your character stand out and make it obvious that you are in interested in roleplay. (There are some alternative ones you could use, as well, but that is the most widely used one.)

Let me know if you need any more help or tips. If you choose to roll on Moon Guard or Wyrmrest Accord, let me know, and I can hook you up with a start kit of supplies.
Bubbleme
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Bubbleme »

Aww, I feel bad for you all on US servers. EU is such a great, mature AND fun RP community. Most have died lately, but one server remains - jam packed (in a good way) due to everyone from every other server coming over - Argent Dawn. Argent Dawn Horde is such a kind and caring community, entertaining and fun. Everybody is great at RP (Steer clear of any ERP requests though) and welcomes RP. There's RP in Hearthglen, Silvermoon, Orgrimmar, Stormwind, Duskwood, Undercity and more. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Also, I disagree with MyRolePlay. I would reccomend FlagRSP2, as it's simple, easy to understand and does its job well. MyRoleplay is complicated and half the time I cannot understand a thing its on about. GHI is another addon you should get - enabling you to make RP items, share them with other GHI-users, and use them. Things like books, buffs, debuffs and emotes/speech can be put onto them, so that when you right click them, something happens. Or you can just use them to link to.
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Oh derp, I didn't notice the post dates. Dragonaa, have you gone ahead and made your roleplay character?
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

lol yeah but i think ill remake her with al the advice you guys gave me

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Just say the word if you need help deciding what addons to use/how to use them, developing a cool character and making sure that they check out with the timeline, or getting a starter kit of supplies on certain servers. I'd be happy to help if you want, and I'm sure others would too!
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

thanks so much :hug: ive decided on her name Khione (same name as my loque) its the name of the roman goddess of snow

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

What race, and what server? Have you come up with any backstory yet for her?
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

well as iive been think about it and wanna get her story togeather before i tell ya but im geting there i want her to be a nelf

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Okay, just post when you do!