Lost in Winterspring, (image heavy)

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Lost in Winterspring, (image heavy)

Unread post by meepitco »

Magrallea woke shivering. The inn was freezing cold, even though the doors were shut. One goblin brute stood guard, drinking coffee.
"Winter's coming Ma'am, best to leave tonight. If you don't you'll be stuck in Winterspring for 3 months," he informed. Magrallea only nodded, and walked outside, trying her best not to hit her head on the door frame again. Goblins already started working on the heating system in everlook, and a woman with three crates under her arms walked into the inn. Magrallea blinked, and then signaled her Protodrake from above. The dark protodrake flew down, and faced the freezing night elf. Suddenly looking behind her, a phoenix hatchling flew out of the Inn, and on top of the Protodrake's snout. Magrallea hopped on top of the saddle on the protodrake's back, and they flew.
~
Upon reaching their destination, the protodrake landed on the glacier like formation. A night elf walked down the icy slope, and greeted Magrallea and her protodrake companion. The small phoenix hatchling flew around the male night elf's head a few times, before landing on the protodrake's saddle again.
"Good morning Magrallea, how are you today?" he spoke in a light tone, but he too, sounded like he was freezing.
"Good Rivern, and you?" Magrallea responded. Before he could respond, Magrallea handed him a cloth wrapped item with small red blood stains on it. "For the cub."
The night elf known as Rivern nodded, and knelled. A small winterspring cub padded towards him, and he fed the small thing a few chunks of bear meat.
"Thank you Magrallea, you are a good soul," he replied. Magrallea nodded, and took the cub in her arms. The cub batted around with her pendent, and then hopped out of her arms. Magrallea signaled her protodrake to the skies, and she walked down the icy slope fully.
~
Walking on the soft snow below her, she saw something she thought she would never see. A light purple saber laid on the snow hurt.
Kneeling down, Magrallea touched the paw of the hurt Saber. The saber looked at Magrallea with pleading eyes, and made a small sound. Anger went flowed through Magrallea, then worry. Magrallea knew there wouldn't be much time, so as fast as she could, she ran up the slope, slipping a few times, but still the determination flowed through her. Running up to Rivern, she stopped to take a breath.
"Rivern, there is a hurt saber, what-what can I do?" Magrallea gasped for air a few times. Her breathing pattern then returned to normal.
"There is a woman named Michelle De Rum in Everlook," He started. "She should have some bandages since I have none on me. I am not sure the saber will survive the winter, though." Rivern's eyes looked full of guilt. Magrallea knew he was going to try his hardest to make sure the saber live, but the certainty of it's fate was not sure. Calling down her Protodrake, Magrallea wasted no time getting back to Everlook.
~
Once the protodrake had landed at Everlook, Magrallea jumped off, and ran into the Inn. The woman who must've been Michelle De Rum was petting a winterspring cub. She looked up at the confused and worried night elf, and asked, "Yes miss?"
"Are you Michelle De Rum?" Magrallea asked in a quick, worried tone.
"Why yes I am, who are you if I may ask?" she replied. Magrallea felt relief, and continued.
"Rivern sent me, there is a hurt saber, and he is looking for bandages. I am not sure-" Magrallea was interrupted by the woman laughing.
"You must be Magrallea! Pleasure to meet you!" Michelle offered her hand to Magrallea, and they shook hands. "No worries on the bandages, here are extra." Michelle handed three rolls of bandages, all very bulky. Magrallea could also tell they were made of Embersilk, a common silk, but still very expensive. Magrallea took the rolls of bandages, and ran back outside waving. The protodrake had already landed, and she hopped on, and off they flew.
~
Returning to Frostsaber rock, Rivern had carried the hurt saber up. His companion, Glacier, stood beside Rivern. Magrallea quickly handed the bandages to Rivern, and he wrapped them around the leg of the saber. He then, turned to Magrallea.
"Magrallea, there isn't much time, you have to get out of Winterspring before the storm, or you will be stuck here for the season," his tone was worried as well. "I will take care of this saber, but you must go." Magrallea nodded reluctently, and signaled her protodrake back to everlook. She would take a hippogriph from there, and the protodrake would return to Tesserdil.
~
Landing at the Hippogriph post in Everlook, Magrallea signaled her Protodrake meaning meet me back home. The protodrake flew, and Magrallea payed for the hippogriph flight back. The only thing she could think about was if the Saber would still be alive when she returned after the winter season.

Back in Teldrissil

Magrallea returned to Darnassus late in the night. Only a few guards remained awake, and even they were retiring for the night. Magrallea called her White Hawkstrider to her side, and they rode off to the small house Magrallea called a home. There, the blue scorpion named Morrigan was asleep on the floor, and Onyx her diamond crab looked asleep, but snapped at the hawkstrider a few times.
"If I could just-" Magrallea started, but ended up falling onto her bed, and passed out.
~
When she woke up the next day, she heard fighting outside. Running and opening the door, Onyx and Morrigan had gotten into another fight, and Jade the shale spider stood next the a worgen.
"LYSARA!" Magrallea screamed.
"Well good morning to you too," The worgen joked. Her long legs stretched, and she petted Flame, her tiger companion. "Well, just wanted to welcome you back, and to tell you that Onyx tried to kill Francis again."
"Doesn't everyone want to kill Francis?"
Lysara laughed, and waved good bye as she walked back to Darnassus. Magrallea around with Morrigan at her heels. The blue scorpion waved her claws in the air, and tried to distract Magrallea a few times, but Magrallea continued on the path. She laid a single flower on a grave far into the woods, and closed her eyes.
This will be explained another time.
~
Two long months went by. Lysara visted almost every day, and talked to Magrallea about the Molten Front. But now, it was time to return to Winterspring. Horrors of what she would find there went through her mind as she flew there. Landing at Everlook, it was already high noon. She called down her protodrake who had stayed the whole winter. She wondered why, but she just wanted to get to Frostsaber rock.
~
Upon reaching Frostsaber rock, she saw Rivern, Glacier and-
"The Saber made it!" Magrallea screamed, alerting Rivern and Glacier below. The protodrake landed at the bottom of the still icy rock, and Magrallea ran up to the three, and the saber moved to Magrallea's side.
"Magrallea, might I suggest taking this Saber back to Teldrassil? I think she will need a good home," Rivern said.
Magrallea understood what Rivern was suggesting. He was suggesting that the Saber become one of her companions. Magrallea nodded, and then looking at the saber, she spoke, "I think I'll name you Winter."
Well, there's one of my fairly crappy stories. I hope you guys like this one.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.