Help creating an RP outfit?

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Help creating an RP outfit?

Unread post by Miraga »

Hey guys! I've been playing my night elf Cylindria on Moon Guard and last night I had a TOTAL blast doing some legit RP! I felt like a huge idiot when I first started but then I realized that there are SO SO SO many other people doing it and having fun so I gave in. It was just so FUN! *giggles excitedly* What's odd is that my pets are developing real personalities that I can use. For example, my warp stalker Tezcacoatl is an old man who loves nothing more than to follow me around and root for snacks in my bag! :lol: Then there's Mahdis, a grumpy but lovable devilsaur <3

Anyway, enough of my blabbing on. What I need is an outfit I can wear when I'm hanging out in SW or wherever and just looking for RP. The thing is... I have no idea how to even begin LOOKING for an outfit. :( This is my character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... ria/simple As you can see, she looks pretty ridiculous with all that leveling gear!

She's definitely not the type to wear a dress. She prefers to spend her time with her wolf Palla in temporary camps. When in town, she seldom takes advantage of any inns and prefers to sleep outdoors. That being said, what kind of outfit could Cyl use? Is there some sort of database I can use to look up outfits? She's a LW, so I'm going to begin looking at things she can craft herself, since that would be more legit to me. That's a hunter-y thing to me... being able to kill your own food, skin it and turn it in to an outfit or sell the extra for some silver just in case.

Thanks for any help guys! I'm a COMPLETE role player noob and I'm really trying to get into it. Having these pets allows for so much and I'm hoping to take advantage of it! :D
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Help creating an RP outfit?

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Personally, what I've been doing with my hunter is as I'm questing, I examine each piece of gear from the quests in the try on window (ctrl+left click); if I really like the way the piece looks, I keep it and start building up an RP set for it. Hell, I even have a gray piece. :lol:

RP type clothing on RP servers is expensive as hell so I try to avoid buying any if I can.

You can see some examples of my RP outfits I've built up so far here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11602

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Serendipity82
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

*Makes lasso and tries to rope Vephriel down to this topic* If anyone knows anything about putting outfits together it's Veph, thought Tyger is brilliant and I never would have thought of that. XD
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Veph is really good at putting outfits together. :D

But yeah, I've just been using quest pieces so far. So long as they don't offer me an upgrade in stats, I judge the pieces for their RP value. I have all sorts of random leather, cloth, and mail sitting in my bags. :lol:

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Here's a forum for wow outfits.

LWing is a good place to look and starting outfits for different races/classes. Here's a couple of random drops: Barbaric Vest and Barbaric Loincloth.
Last edited by GormanGhaste on Thu May 05, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Well now, isn't that convenient? *bookmarks forum*
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Miraga »

GormanGhaste wrote:Here's a forum for wow outfits.

LWing is a good place to look and starting outfits for different races/classes. Here's a couple of random drops: Barbaric Vest and Barbaric Loincloth.
:o AWESOME. *begins search* tyvm!! :D
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

Is there a particular faction that she's affiliated with? If so, you can build an outfit around that faction's tabard. For example, here's a set I built around the Argent Crusade skirt and tabard that I got from the pre-Wrath zombie invasion events.

(I've since replaced the wristguards with more appropriate black and silver ones with the same pattern.)

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Miraga »

I was able to come up with a really quick one after doing some research! What do you guys think? To me, it matches really well and seems like the "out and about in town" sort of outfit but not a real "hunter" outfit. More research I need to do, I guess! :D

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Looks good. :D

[/center]
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

I like that shirt (or is a shirt and vest combo?) and headband, but I'd replace the sandals with a good pair of boots. Would you want to risk stepping in a pile of warp stalker droppings in sandals? No, you wouldn't.

See if there's a pair of Blackened Defias boots in the AH; if I remeber correctly, they're not entirely unlike Doc Martens.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I spend a lot of time in WoW Model Viewer browsing for potential outfit pieces.

WoWhead is a great tool since you can put the name of one piece in and it will give you other items that use the same model in case the one you're looking at is too hard to find/rare.

I browse the AH every day just perusing armor. My favourites to collect are Shoulders and Chestpieces (Shirts/Robes) since they are such a big part of an overall outfit look.

I also look at Quest Rewards constantly, especially going back and doing low level quests. There's some great gear found in low level zones, and if you complete all the quests you'll probably find a full set or two. It's so hard on my bag space though. >_> Right now my bank is completely full of outfit gear with the exception of one single Mining bag. My equipped bags have 2 1/2 bags dedicated to outfits that I keep with me at all times. I have no space. T_T
Thandrial
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Thandrial »

You've got a lot more options since you're lvl 85 so that's a plus. As far as a 'hunter' outfit goes I use This.

But he -is- an elf :roll: so for something more formal he'll tend to favor robes a bit more. Sadly enough i think these almost look better on a female night elf instead of him. xD