Plague of Deoxys Q/A and OOC

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Re: Plague of Deoxys Q/A and OOC

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

*Tackles Moon* BLAGH DON'T LEAVE. You.. Can bring in another character or two?

*Sadfaces* Seriously... I.. I'm not even sure if I want to be in the RP if not everyone's in it... It just doesn't feel right with someone missing...
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Be honest. I've barely been involved in this. You've already been managing just fine without me.
And I don't want to create a bunch of different characters whom I don't care about and fling them about to see which ones stick and resonate with you guys.

Senna-Umbreon

Even so... You've still been in the RP. Even if you haven't posted much... It's just not the same without everyone.

*Sighs* Why can't things just work out for once?!?!?! Finally, a new RP springs up, and it's actually not dying! But then, what do you know, someone drops out! IT'S JUST NOT FAIR! Why do things like this keep happening.... *Wanders away, whimpering*
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I don't exactly think the entirety of one RP thread is going to come crashing down just because one person is choosing to pass.

Only reason I'm even commenting is because this just seems like such a silly thing to throw a hissy fit over.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Moonlost

Goodness sake Senna, it's one person who hasn't been posting much dropping out of a forum RP thread, not the end of the world. You will go on without me and have a fun time. Harden up.
1) I am roughly 12 hours ahead of you guys and I have strange sleeping habits. This means that I'm often asleep when you guys do a good chunk of your posting. It's not fun for me to catch up with 10 pages of roleplay only to make maybe a couple of posts which mostly get ignored anyway.
2) I've started to take some serious steps at getting back into TAFE again. If I get in, I'll have even less time to keep up to date and post. It was only a matter of time before I would have had to leave anyway.

Senna-Umbreon

I'm hardly throwing a hissy fit. It's called being SAD. Can't I be upset over something like this? Or am I just supposed to go "OKAY BYE SEE YOU SOMETIME" when something like this happens? Thing is, a new RP has been what I've been wanting since January. I've been sad each and every time one has sprung up but then died. I've literally gotten depressed over the whole thing, because I've missed RP'ing with my group of friends. But now, a new RP has popped up, and it's not dying. That's great. But.. It just doesn't feel the same when there's someone missing from our group. It was the biggest reason I dropped out of the last PokeRP that sprung up.. Half of the group wasn't it in. That alone made it feel just.. Weird. It made it feel like there was something missing. And there was. Half of my friends weren't in it. Even when it's just one person, it makes me feel like there's something missing. It may be dumb for me to not want things to change.. But I don't like change. I want things to stay the same way. I want it to be like it was back in RotS. Everyone was there, having fun. I want this RP to be the same. I want this group to stick together. Even though we still have contact in places on the forums, and on DeviantArt.. I love the feeling of all of us having fun in the RP. I don't want that feeling to go away. Part of what makes RP fun for me isn't actually the RP.. It's the fact that I'm with my group of friends, having fun, even if we're hardly talking OOC at all.

It may not come crashing down for everyone else, but for me, it kinda will be. One person leaving may seem like a small thing to everyone else, but to me? It has a big impact. I can't change that, it's just the way I feel about it. I'm sorry that it seems over the top to you guys, but it's how I feel and it's not changing. And last I checked, I was actually, you know.. Allowed to express my feelings. That's what I'm doing. Being upset over it.
Moonlost

Senna-Umbreon wrote:I want things to stay the same way. I want it to be like it was back in RotS. Everyone was there, having fun. I want this RP to be the same.
That's the problem though. I wasn't having fun with this. It felt more like a chore to log on and browse though a dozen pages of text than any real sort of fun. Would you keep me chained here just to sate your own emotions?
*sighs* I'm sorry Senna, I really am. It's not my intent to cause distress. But from my perspective, it looked and felt more like you were trying to guilt trip me into staying rather than a real expression of sorrow. I know you're sad, but step back a little. It's a forum RP and not important in the grand scheme of things. Friends move on, nothing is eternal, everything eventually changes. You just need to learn to accept it and roll on the best you can. I'll still be here. :hug:

Senna-Umbreon

*Sighs* I.. I'm sorry if I made it feel that way. I wasn't trying to guilt trip you into staying... I understand that it felt like a chore. Honestly, that's how I felt with the WoW RP. Others kept saying I should join.. So I did. It wasn't fun for me, though, which is why I dropped out.

I really wish things didn't change. It's one of my biggest problems, letting things go... I just can't do it. Easily, at least. There's been far too many times I've found myself just sobbing over something that's changed, whether it be drifting away from friends, losing friends completely, something like an RP fading into thin air, people leaving the RP here.. Everything. I just can't handle change.

To be honest, I think some of the real life changes have been effecting how I deal with change like this. Over the last two-three years, I've started drifting apart from my three best friends in the entire world. One of them I hardly ever talk to anymore.. I see her once a year if that. Communication between us has just flat out disappeared. And I hate it. She's been one of my best friends ever for the last.. 4-5 years. She was the one who introduced me to WoW. If it wasn't for her.. I probably wouldn't even BE on these forums. Another one of my friends.. I used to talk to her online almost every day. We'd RP our Pokemon characters.. but eventually she got sick of it. And since then, we've been drifting apart. Not because it was the RP that kept us friends.. But because whenever we'd talk, something involving that story would pop up and we'd get into an argument, or something stupid like that. And then there's my best friend ever. I've known her for about 9 years now. That's half of my entire life. She's practically my sister. Unfortunately, due to problems with her mom (Oh god, don't even get me started on how much I've been disliking her mom lately..), I haven't gotten to see her very often. I see her maybe.. 3-4 times a year? And she has no internet access. Her mom took away her computer, DS, games, everything. I can't talk to her online.. And she lives 4 hours away (In Canada, no less!), so I hardly ever see her. I.. Think this is one of the biggest reasons I'm so afraid of my group of friends here falling apart. Even the smallest thing - like someone dropping out of the RP - can set me off, because I'm absolutely terrified of losing my friends here. I've already lost a lot of friends in real life, and am starting to lose the ones I haven't yet, so the idea of losing my online friends (Who I consider some of the best friends I've ever had..) just terrifies me. I just can't bare the thought of losing any more friends. I just can't...

I'm.. Just going to stop here. I honestly kinda feel stupid just rambling about my problems, but.. Oh well. There you go, my miserable little "woe-is-me" story. Feel free to take it as trying to get pity. It's not, but at this point.. I can't say I care if people think I'm just saying all these things to get attention. It's my explanation for how I act, and it's not my fault others take it in a completely different way.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Everyone has something that impacts them.
Senna, I hope you're not too upset. It's no fun if someone leaves, but it's even less fun when more people leave because of it. We want you to stick around. ^.^

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Everyone has something that impacts them.
Senna, I hope you're not too upset. It's no fun if someone leaves, but it's even less fun when more people leave because of it. We want you to stick around. ^.^
This. You leaving would only send everything into a further spiral. And Moon is still around. Something else could pop up down the line, and circumstances could be better. And you still chat on dA.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

*Pokes*
^^

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Moonlost

Urgh, maybe I should have just not posted for a few weeks isntead of actually being brave and letting you know of my decision. This is getting a little too drama filled.
Senna, sorry if I sounded a bit bitchy before, not my intention. I know how you feel and where you're coming from. Most of my friends from when I was your age? All gone. Including the guy who was my BFF since age 7. I've only really kept in touch with one of them, whom remains a good friend and a D&D buddy. The rest of them, including the guy I had a little crush on, just moved on. Unfortunately, that how life works sometimes. Soldier on, you're a strong woman, new friends will await you around the corner.
Besides, I'm still here and it's very easy to get in contact with me. I might not be participating, but I'm still a friend. :hug:
Who knows? Maybe the bug will bite me again, and I find myself the time, and I'll come back again. Nothing is certain. Now go and have fun, you crazy pokemon nerds you.

rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

So to clear up the drama from the thread...
theories!
on how some werid things came not weird
I only have one so far
hybrid/normal pokemon theory

Does anyone else find it really strange that your charries have hybrid baby pokemon even if they're in the same egg group? I have a theory i'd like to share on this
so all our little hybrids came from truly loving parents right? I think that if the pokemon truly love each other than its possible to have a little hybrid of both the parents running around
if they only reproduce a child out of the need for reproduction then its not a hybrid.
which is why when trainers breed pokemon, no matter which two species they are they only stay one true blood species, because it was a mean for reproduction
and thats my quick stupid explanation!
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I don't agree. The hybrids from this thread can't, and shouldn't, be explained in lore. I think the excuse "They're for fun!", is just more worthwhile than trying to come up with some bad attempt at justifying it.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

rubybeam

theres not really any lore in pokemon... I just think the true love thing is a magic/romance/myth thing maybe sense thats kinda what pokemons all about
magic beasts that fight against each other that can be transformed into energy to be captured in ball capsules
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Pokemon is a game about enslaving little wild animals into little balls, and then forcing them to kill each other. I really don't think you should ascribe magic/romance/myth stuff to it.

Senna-Umbreon

Hmm.. To be honest, I just throw egg groups out the window. I've had waaaaay too many couples that haven't been in the same egg group (Heck, that can't even breed due to being Legendaries!) to even care about egg groups anymore XD

And for Pokemon that are in the same egg group? Still more hybrids! I hate the whole "SAME SPECIES AS MOM" thing in the games, so unless the parents are of the same species.. HYBRIDS EVERYWHERE!! XD

Well, for the most part. My Murkrow, for example.. For some stupid reason he has this attack where he used Heat Wave to coat himself to flames and then dive bomb something (Flaming-Sky Attack, as I call it!). But I thought, "Wait, why would he be slightly resistant to the flames? Well.. Maybe he's somehow related to a Fire type?". While that's fine and dandy.. I want him to stay a Murkrow. So maybe he's just weird, or maybe he has a Moltres ancestor? I got no clue. But he's a Murkrow, even though I'd like to use a Fire type family member as a reason for why he can use his Flaming-Sky Attack. ... I'll figure out a way to explain it eventually XD

Also.. Sat. Here's the thing. Our RP breaks the rules slightly. Attacks that are usually fully resisted can hit their target.. Pokemon can use self-healing moves on others.. Yadda yadda yadda. Hell, the whole thing with "POKEMON DYING!" strays from the games. The RP would be a lot less interesting if we followed the game rules completely. There's no harm in having theories as to why something like hybrids would happen. And besides, there's really no set lore in Pokemon. Sure, there's the ever "ONLY ONE LEGENDARY POKEMON OF EACH SPECIES" that everyone seems to believe is true. In all honesty, I never remember it being official, just a thing that happened to be in the game that everyone took a little too seriously. And as for straying from the game rules when it comes to breeding? Well, there's been a baby Lugia in the anime, so it's not unheard of to have baby Legendaries in official canon.
rubybeam

Those are basically the games XD, legendaries have stories behind them and the anime has quite the bit of that stuff in actually especially the movies
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Frankly, I think trying to justify a game with realistic science/myth/anything isn't going to work.

Can't we just say what you say in WoW and go, "Hey! A wizard did it!"
Senna-Umbreon

Exactly. And as hundreds of people have already said.. Pokemon really has no true logic whatsoever. Trying to put real life logic and rules and all that crap into it just doesn't really work. Pokemon Logic is weird, so there's really no harm in straying from it in this situation.