Forgotten Love

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Forgotten Love

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

((So...as some of you may know, I am a hopeless romantic. I'm a huge sucker for a good love story. :P Anyway, I'm trying my best to keep it out the FotC RP thread.
I've been working on a side writing project. It's not done yet, but I'll probably post it as I go. The quality of it isn't fantastic--I've never been good at adding in detail oriented stuff--but I've been using it as practice to try and improve without schooling so hopefully it's at least decent. :)
And just as a warning; it might be a bit cliche. ))

Forgotten Love

The fog rolled in thick and heavy over the bluff above Pyrewood Village. Standing dominant on the bluff loomed Shadowfang Keep; a menacing presence that was black as night amidst the curling fog. Dark, ominus clouds crawled through the midnight sky, settling amongst the towers of the keep. Lightning crackled, illuminating the scene, followed by the boom of thunder.

Within the bowels of Shadowfang Keep Arugal lived, harnessing the power of his children. The former Kirin Tor mage stood by a window, arms clasped behind his back, brooding. He watched the bad weather, enjoying the effects the lightning created upon the land. And yet, he still felt off. Arugal sighed. All he had wanted was to help drive the Scourge from the lands by summoning the worgen from the Emerald Dream. Instead his plan backfired on him and he'd had to retreat to this keep, worgen in tow.

The worgen inside were kept as his slaves and protectors. One of these worgen was a large male named Kethtaz. Kethtaz was a great brute of a worgen; he towered over many of the others and was broad shouldered with pitch black fur and piercing steel gray eyes. Unlike many of the other worgen inhabiting Shadowfang Keep, Kethtaz was, originally, a citizen of Pyrewood Village. The others who were like him tended to stay together in one pack, separate from their more feral...kin. Being the biggest, Kethtaz was also often seen as the leader of the pack, but little did his pack know that the immense worgen felt as if he was on the brink of losing the shreds of his humanity.

Kethtaz rolled his massive shoulders, a sigh escaping his lips as he patrolled. Stopping, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a silver locket. The necklace was without bells and whistles, much like the picture of the woman inside--a simple beauty. A tear rolled down the worgen's muzzle, falling silently to the floor. His ears flicked as he heard someone coming. Kethtaz quickly stuffed the locket back in his trouser pocket and continued his patrol.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Re: Forgotten Love

Unread post by Moonlost »

You're not the only hopeless romantic. >.>
So yeah, looking good so far, can't wait to read more!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

:D Thanks Moon. Hopefully the next bit should come out soon. My eyes are gonna bleed from staring at wowpedia. :lol:

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

((Next Part))

The day had finally come when Arugal would be uprooted from his new home. The Horde mounted an offense against Shadowfang Keep, seeking out and destroying Arugal despite the mage's best efforts to foil them. Triumphant, the Horde buried Arugal's body on the road leading up to the keep. The worgen were left to rule the place on their own. It quickly became a game of king of the hill, with Kethtaz's worgen prevailing as the dominant pack. The reign was short-lived, however, as a new wave of Scourge washed through the area on the Lich King's orders. Arthas had Arugal's body retrieved by his subordinates while Kethtaz did the best he could to usher his pack away from the keep, worried for their safety, only to be caught himself. Overwhelmed, the great worgen fell to the masses, falling prey to the blackness consuming him.

Death embraced him, consumed him...welcomed him home with open arms. As Kethtaz began to give in to the welcoming sensation, he was suddenly being yanked away. As cliche as it sounded, he was being pulled back to the light. He wanted to go to the blackness, where there was peace promised to him. Instead, some force much stronger than him was calling him back to the realm of the living. Begrudgingly the worgen quit resisting, allowing himself to be pulled back.

Kethtaz's eyes snapped open, a savage snarl tugging at his maw as he tried to register his surroundings. The worgen inhaled sharply as he sat up and his vision cleared. Ugh...where the hell was he? Raising a clawed hand to his head, Kethtaz studied the room he was in. No, scratch that, it was more like a whole building. It was sort of a weird cross between being round and square in shape. The walls seemed to be made of brick, inlaid with bone decorations and what looked to be forges. Undead moved about the area. Wait...undead? What was this place?

His time to sit and brood was cut short as a tall, imposing man stalked over to him. This man was clad in blue armor and he looked down at Kethtaz with a sneer. Then, looking past the worgen, the man addressed a female undead, "Why was I not informed of the status of this death knight?"

The female undead jumped, turning to face the man in blue--clearly shaking. "I, er, I'm sorry sir! I-I-I didn't know he was awake yet," she stuttered, wincing in advance of the forthcoming anger.

Sighing huffily, the imposing man glared daggers through the undead. "Well, is he worthy?"

"Y-y-y-yes Instructor Razuvious!"

"Good." Instructor Razuvious walked away for a moment, returning to Kethtaz and handing him a bundle of clothing. "Put these on and then report to me," the instructor ordered the worgen.

[/center]
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Very awesome Tyger. Is this a uh..friend of Willowe's?
Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

If I remember correctly... I think he briefly appeared in TotH? As a friend of Indi's, I think? ...Or am I completely off? Because that wouldn't surprise me.

Liking it so far, Tyger! *Also a bit of a hopeless romantic* :P

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

((Next bit.
Warning: Majorly summarizing the DK starting zone.))

A heartless, cold killing machine. That's what Kethtaz had become. He cared little for whomever would fall into his path; if they didn't serve the Lich King, they died. Even the locket of his beloved couldn't break him of his dark monstrosity. The worgen slaughtered people without a care, everything he did preparing for the battle at Light's Hope Chapel.

Yes...the battle. Kethtaz's ice blue eyes flashed as he glanced around anxiously, awaiting Darion Mograine's order to charge into battle. All of his muscles were tensed, his fingers twitching towards the sword upon his back. Finally, the rallying call came. Kethtaz's ears twitched in excitement and he dropped to all fours as undead formed up all around him. There it was! The horn sounded and Mograine led them to Light's Hope Chapel. Kethtaz lifted his muzzle to the sky and let loose with an ear shattering howl. He then followed the others stampeding to the Chapel.

The defenders of Light's Hope were severely outnumbered, but they fought their attackers tooth and nail. Kethtaz threw himself into the fray, unsheathing his sword and launching himself at one of the defenders. As the battle progressed, Darion Mograine started losing control of the Ashbringer. Finally, the battle culminated with Tirion Fordring making an appearance. The great paladin put a stop to the fighting, banishing the undead and freezing the death knights in place. Ultimately the entire battle was discovered to be set up by the Lich King to try and draw Tirion Fordring out of hiding. His plan worked and the death knights were floored to find out that they were no more than sacrificial lambs.

Once the Lich King left, Tirion rallied the death knights, understanding their shock over the recent events and, after his revelation to Mograine, accepting that they weren't all a bunch of monsters. The paladin founded the Argent Crusade, vowing to move into Icecrown and take down the Lich King. The Knights of the Ebon Blade pledged their help as well now that they were free from Arthas' tyranny. Mograine decided that now would be the time to strike against the Lich King and take Acherus: The Ebon Hold back for the Ebon Blade.

Kethtaz was unsure of how to act with the events unfolding around him. Thankfully he didn't get much time to dwell upon it. Mograine had requested his presence back at the hold. Grunting, the worgen summoned a portal, diving through it, returning to Acherus. He was imbued with some of Darion's power and protection and sent in to help some of the other death knights kill off the remaining Scourge. The task was long and brutal and requested all of the death knights' strength, but, eventually, they prevailed.

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

You are correct, Kam. Kethtaz was originally created to be Indi's love interest, but then I dropped the idea. However, I'm fond of the name and his character has been sitting in the back of my mind since then so I'm sort of recreating him. :)

[/center]
Serendipity82

AHH. I really need to go and read TotH. I keep saying it but never do it. I'm off on Thursday so maybe I'll spend the day doing it then.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

TotH is sort of amusing. I think it sort of got turned away from how it originally started until it got to the point of basically just being about 4-5 of us regularly posting and doing what we wanted in it. :lol:

[/center]
Serendipity82

Sweet.
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Moar? ^_^ I like it so far.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks. ^_^

I haven't had the writing itch the last couple days, but I keep seeing the pages lying around so I might get the next part out soon. :)

[/center]
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Eh I kind of know how that is, I can never write anything good (as in with inspiration! Spirit!) unless I'm 'in the mood'. Normally anyways.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, I don't like forcing myself to sit down and write because I find that the quality suffers and, more often then not, I end up rewriting the forced section.

[/center]