now that im calm..

rubybeam
Illustrious Master Hunter

now that im calm..

Unread post by rubybeam »

I think I want to try and create a rp theme'd on ancient greece

all im asking for this time is idea. I wont flame you, I wont freak out and if I do i'll try holding it back kay?

otherwise ideas for pony rps are well appreciated
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: now that im calm..

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Ancient Greece could be interesting. How would you expand upon that idea? Would people be playing as the gods? Regular citizens? Made up characters? :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

I claim Xena Warrior Princess XD ((I'm totally kidding I promise!!)) This sounds like a good idea.
rubybeam

Im thinking so far as fledgling warriors or something, there could be different classes, but I need to think of some. I think gods is too much in the sparkle catogorey, so basically heros
Im thinking just fighting ancient greece monsters, dealing with rivals/love whatever
all I need is a few ideas :)

I know the basics for ancient greece monsters, im not to sure about the classes that would existed in that era otherwise
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ah okay, so going more into the mythos of Ancient Greece and bringing it to life then?

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
rubybeam

I guess? more of a fantasy type thing I know, we could almost make it a percy jackson lightning thief thing for a reference
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Huh, this kinda sounds interesting. I'm not too excited about the idea myself, but that's just cause I don't like RP'ing humanoid characters XD I like the idea nonetheless!
rubybeam

well...thats the thing due to being all the intelligent monsters out there, im assuming you could have charrys of minor ones, like a harpy or something *shrugs* Im just throwing ideas out there
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Playing a harpy would be kind of cool. XD

I'm going to have to go digging through my memory (*cough* Wikipedia *cough cough*) to read up on some Ancient Greek mythos stuff if this idea goes through. :)

[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I was going to say: So this is going to be a Percy Jackson-esque thing, where we run around beating up monsters and saving people? I can see it havign potential if it can be kept moving along. We'd need a large goal in my mind as opposed to just beat up stuff. (The only RP that never had a defined goal with TotH. It had some success, but largely it died at about 100 pages.)

I'm not sure what the goal would be, maybe it's a general ordeal "Find this monster. Kill it. If you do, yay! If you don't, you're screwed."
Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

Ancient greek ponies? Both ideas have merit IMO. Been lurking in the RP for awhile, might just jump in one day.

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Azunara wrote:I was going to say: So this is going to be a Percy Jackson-esque thing, where we run around beating up monsters and saving people? I can see it havign potential if it can be kept moving along. We'd need a large goal in my mind as opposed to just beat up stuff. (The only RP that never had a defined goal with TotH. It had some success, but largely it died at about 100 pages.)

I'm not sure what the goal would be, maybe it's a general ordeal "Find this monster. Kill it. If you do, yay! If you don't, you're screwed."
Well, since this is a looking to be a Greek themed roleplay, it should be a typical Greek mythology plot: The gods are screwing around with mortals in some way, other gods don't like this and assemble various champions to try and put a stop to it for whatever reason. Throw in giant monsters, questionable ethics, themes of fate, destiny and tragedy, and you have a pretty well set Greek themed plot.
rubybeam wrote:well...thats the thing due to being all the intelligent monsters out there, im assuming you could have charrys of minor ones, like a harpy or something *shrugs* Im just throwing ideas out there
Hehe, really you could get away with pretty much almost anything I suspect. A lot of monsters and creatures we're familiar with come from Greek mythology. Depending on what you'll be allowing and not allowing, I could feasibly see minotaurs, satyrs, sirens, harpies, automotrons and centaurs as player characters. Hell, you could probably get away with an intelligent version of the more beastial creatures. Dragons, chimaera, sphinx, winged horses, any sort of magical talking animal you could imagine, humans cursed by the gods into a different form.

I guess the only risk we run of this is it might change from "Mythical Greek Adventures" into "Magical Talking Animals in Ancient Greece Adventures." But hopefully that won't become an issue.

I may or may not join, I'm sorta torn half and half. On one side, any RP is fun, and I have had an itch for a Greek themed RP for a while now. That and the idea of a champion of Hades running around for the good guys makes me smile.
On the other side, I'm still not too sure if I want to pick up another RP, the WoW one is already taking up a lot of time for me. That, and I suspect what I'll be wanting out of this is a little different in tone than what you want. I'll be looking for a Greek tragedy, I suspect you're looking for something more fantastical and light-hearted.
We'll see. I'll certainly be happy to help set this up. :)

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I'm with Moonie, tragedy please! If we're going for it though, Scylla is MINE! *Hiss*

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Ikutai »

I want in on this. So much so.

I'd want to RP as a wayward Automaton of Hephaestus, seeking to prove that it's "alive".

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

*nods.* I suppose that makes sense. That said, I'll probably stick to WoW RP, maybe throw up a different idea at some point as well. My knowledge of Greek mythology is pretty crappy, and I have no idea what to do or RP. Heh.
rubybeam

To make sure its not about a bunch of talking greek monsters I could make it that its limited to one monster per person, if you want more charries you'll have to make it human
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Or, I could take Charybdis instead of Scylla. Giant whirlpool = Awesomeness.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

rubybeam

but you would have to stay in one spot due to being the creature....
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Not a problem, the moment everyone steps on a boat I'll just suck all the water in. Bam, hey fellas'! ^^

rubybeam

XD lol