Your characters' secrets?

gigandetsgirl
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Onyxia, Kalecgos, and Blood Furnace

Your characters' secrets?

Unread post by gigandetsgirl »

When I play my characters, it is like an ongoing story in my mind - while I run around questing, battling, or whatever, I am concocting all sorts of thoughts and ideas about them in my head. One thing that I always love coming up with are little secrets and quirks; things that make my characters tick. I thought this would be a fun thread to share with you guys. What are some of your characters' deepest, darkest secrets? Two of Constantyne's:

1. Although he proudly serves the Horde alongside them, Constantyne is secretly very terrified of trolls. This stemmed from an incident when he was a young boy and the Amani tribe was settled on the edges of Quel'Thalas. One day, out fishing with his mom and dad, Constantyne managed to wander just far enough away for one of the forest trolls to snatch him. It was a short-lived event - his parents very swiftly dealt with their son's kidnapper - but it was nonetheless terrifying to him. While he realizes his Darkspear comrades are not of the same tribe, it still makes him a bit anxious that he's going to be made some voodoo sacrifice.

2. Whitney, his worg, likes snatching his clothes - particularly his undergarments - and making nests out of them. Because Constantyne is such a pushover when it comes to his beloved pet, he has gone commando in chainmail more times than he would like to admit.

Have fun :D

Thank you so much Litlemouse for my amazing signature! :hug:

<The Dawntreaders>
Constantyne Whitnee
Bastienne, Costin, and Willoe

Saturo

Re: Your characters' secrets?

Unread post by Saturo »

Decay still has that crush on Koz.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

This is a pretty neat idea, gotta say. :D
Hmm, I think I'll pick Slumlost for this little exercise, would almost feel like cheating if I use the characters I Roleplay here on the Forums.

Okay, for Slumlost the Goblin hunter;
- "Slumlost" isn't actually his real name. One of the first things he learned doing dirty work for various shady people is that the more information a berk has about you, the more control he has over you. The most powerful things you can tell somebody is your name, where you live and who it is you care about. The problem is that he hasn't used his real name for so long, he's forgotten what it is and he's terrified that he's lost some part of himself because of it.

- Slumlost dislikes heading into the wilderness. He's very much a city goblin, has spent most of his life climbing rooftops and ducking between alleys. Venturing out into the wild, especially large, open places like the Barrens or Tanaris, makes him feel small and out in the open. He often becomes very skittish if he's forced outside of Ogrimmar on a job.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Hmm...Koz has a few.

Koz killed an innocent in Darnassus for Azunara, and the body ended up being useless. It bothers him, and he hates going to Darn because of it.

Koz is a dragon. That's a pretty big secret. Everyone in their group knows it, but beyond that, he actually does what he can to keep it secret. When he was a merc with Azu, none of their employers knew.

One of Koz's worst fears is that he becomes what he and his Flight hate: An Infinite dragon. After being near corrupted into one in CoT, he's secretly terrified of the thought of turning on his friends and family and slaughtering them. It was one of the reasons that prevented the Cult's total control over him, and with that and Indi's help, he pulled away from control.

Related, he has nightmares about being an Infinite dragon.

---

Azunara...Azu doesn't have too many.

---

Solara, my psyceon, killed a trainer way back in the Deoxys war, when she had been captured. Rikki saw her in the act, and it still haunts her.

Solara's biggest fear was becoming like Deoxys. It's why she spared Delora.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Hrm, I've been thinking about this trying to figure out if any of my characters really have any.

Indi is formerly a blue dragon turned death knight--only a select few people actually know that. She can no longer assume her dragon form or use any of the magics once associated to her; she is strictly stuck in her high elf form. Occasionally this bothers her a lot, but she tries really hard to hide it.

Deep down she really enjoys her blood powers, but she doesn't want to admit to herself much less anyone else.

--

Part of Rose sees Faron as more than a father figure, but she knows that Faron pictures her more akin to his daughter, plus, she's never been very good with feelings and emotions anyway so she wouldn't know how to act upon them.

Not much of a secret, but she would like to resume bounty hunting.

She despises the fact that she's become soft, although deep down she enjoys having friends.

--

Sabra wishes she were as powerful and down right dirty as Senisra; this bugs her a lot.

She envies her father's status and current power that he's being infused with.

--

I don't really have any for Willowe other than that deep down Decay's consistent taunting actually bugs her and makes it harder for her to keep her cool.

She's secretly debated leaving the group a couple of times because of it.

--

I think that's about it really. XD

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

I don't think Myri has too many secrets.

Senisra would have too many to count but I think I'll give a few. I'm on my phone so bear with me:

As an apprentice she quickly outstripped her teacher and decided she was the better mage and killed him. She got away with it too. Wash rinse repeat for every other person she has learned from.

She actually thinks Sabra has a lot of potential but won't take her on because Sabra will try to kill her. So she would rather see the whelp dead
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Morinaur has two personalities, and also shares her head with all the demons she reigns under her control, not by will though. They took control of human version of Morinaur back when the curse was spreading through Lorderan (i cant seem to spell that right...) and the demons are trying to break worgen version of Morinaur so that they can regain control. Human Morinaur is essentially a puppet to the demons that became her minions.

Paudette, when she was originally a rogue was in life part of the Scarlet Crusade and fell for their tricks and was hanged along with hundreds of others to seek salvation during the scourge's onslaught upon northern eastern kingdoms and now in death she serves Sylvanas as a spy and murderer, slaying key people in the scarlet crusades command, since the defeat of the scarlet crusade and their reformation as the scarlet onslaught, Paudette has become a hunter and is now hunting the members of the Scarlet Onslaught and working directly with Vengence Landing and sort of with Sylvanas.

She is a very twisted soul, she takes pleasure in the blood and gore and pain she inflicts on others and is very destructive, crude, a complete insane serial killer. She sees herself as the embodiment of insanity, the deep dark lust that festers inside the hearts of everyone, the feelings one gets when they feel like they're so angry that they want to completely annihilate whatever is causing their hatred in the most gory, inhumane, and horrible way possible. She is also very reckless and cares about nothing but to see her prey die and hear them shriek and writhe in pain.

Bloodwhisker is actually a bronze dragon/blood elf cross, her father was a bronze dragon, she keeps it a secret cause shes worried of what others may think. My tauren Baith was originally a tauren but has, back when the qiraj rose from the sands of silithus (back before the sundering) forced his tribe to abandon their home in silithus and after many years of hardship, and losing his entire tribe, he was visited just as he was taking his last breath in the arid desert of tanaris by Nozdormu and was blessed with immortality, so long as he spends his eternal life fighting the qiraj, and claiming the lands they took. He readily agreed of course and now he still continues to fight, always keeping what he has become a secret, he after all doesnt want to be captured and killed over and over for amusement or torture by anyone or anything for all eternity lol.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

Im only doing my main ones here

Cherrie actually has another side to her, this side is completely insane and not really human anymore. Cherrie actually hases a crush on julius but expresses it through flying hug tackles that seem to be a sign of friendship instead.

-------------------

Zero used to have no eyes. He received a more ghostly version of them in a curse

-------------
Lockdown actually was three separate mind once
----------
Bond is actually scheming to backstab the blessing leader and take its place

------------
Koraschnar is actually cold a cruel but hides it under his happy personility, he was actually reanimated in northrend

----------

Aquela absoluletly HATES darnassus and Tedrasil, she prefers to live with dwarfs which helps explain her love for booze and partys

---------

Gazz'nils first pet wasn't Sabatoth but much rather a crab named sushi, on the lost isles though it was killed and eaten by pygmies right in front of her. This is also why she never mentions her odd sad times

--------------

Resith turned into a strangely cute ghost type after death
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Moonlost

Bah, okay, I'll go into my forum RP characters. *Doesn't want to feel left out.* XD

- Zaruuk's father was an Eredar Lord and a powerful warlock. Asside from himself and his parents, only Indi knows of this fact. Zaruuk is terrified that he will someday serve or usurp his sire one day.
- Zaruuk is just starting to struggle with his fel bloodline, which urges him to indulge in horrible acts upon himself and others. Although he can usually keep his darker desires in check, his urges are deeply tied to his emotions. The stronger the emotion he's experiencing, the more of a chance there is of his Man'ari side breaking loose. Happiness, sadness, anger, fear, anything is able to trigger this. He's afraid that once his demons do break free and take control, he won't be able to revert back.
- He has a severe phobia of being inside a crowd. ((Although I've been a bit horrible at roleplaying it properly >.> ))
- For the life of him, he cannot remember what happened a week after the death of his former wife, Kyali. And it scares him thinking about what he might have done during that time.

~

- Threnaad loves being in his ghost wolf form, so much so that he's afraid that he might one day just run off and never return back to his broken body. He avoids shifting unless it's necessary just for that reason.
- He misses his old body. Not just because he was handsome, although that's certainly a part of it, but because he misses how nimble and dexterous he was. Even though he is content with his life, he secretly wishes there was some way to return back to being a non-mutated draenei.
- While Zaruuk doesn't remember what happened the week after Kyali's death, Threnaad does. All too well. And he is terrified that Zaruuk might find out what happened some day.

~

- Jraak is terrified of being alone again. The flock mentality is a strong part of who he is, being removed from a place of belonging nearly killed him, he doesn't want to lose that ever again. Even if he disagrees with how his current flock is run.
- The Arakkoa is worried that he's becoming far too like the mammals around him.

~

- Lesari has killed each master she has learned from and has, on occasion, hunted down and killed any other pupils they may once have taught. This is so her style and knowledge remains distinctive to her and her alone.
- She cares far more for her Nigthsaber, Umbra, than she'd like to admit. If the cat was to die, Lesari would genuinely miss her.
- She also finds Senisra to be physically attractive, although she'd rather kill the stuck up mage than do anything with that.

~

- Venin misses her days in the hounds; misses the thrill of the hunt, the kill, the feeling of fresh blood dribbling down her jaws. But she dares not admit this to Phantom or Asher.
Last edited by Moonlost on Fri May 27, 2011 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serendipity82

OKOK I have more secrets. Now that I am back home I can actually type them out:

Senisra swings both ways. Male, female - she finds both attractive. On that note, she also gets sexually aroused when she tortures a victim. Which leads me to....

Myri's torture was actually a lot worse than just burning, though that is all she's letting the others believe at the moment. She didn't go into exactly HOW she was tortured with Karzix..just that she was. I had actually gone into more detail but then decided that maybe it was a bit too graphic (Like exactly how those scars on her sides got there. They are a lot like claw marks). I had deleted a lot of what I had written. And if Sat hadn't freed Myri well....Senisra would have had her way with Myri in more ways than one >_>

Senisra is creepy.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

My hunter.... he is secretly naive...
Patrick: NO WAY......

signature thanks to Kurieno
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Serendipity82 wrote:OKOK I have more secrets. Now that I am back home I can actually type them out:

Senisra swings both ways. Male, female - she finds both attractive. On that note, she also gets sexually aroused when she tortures a victim. Which leads me to....

Myri's torture was actually a lot worse than just burning, though that is all she's letting the others believe at the moment. She didn't go into exactly HOW she was tortured with Karzix..just that she was. I had actually gone into more detail but then decided that maybe it was a bit too graphic (Like exactly how those scars on her sides got there. They are a lot like claw marks). I had deleted a lot of what I had written. And if Sat hadn't freed Myri well....Senisra would have had her way with Myri in more ways than one >_>

Senisra is creepy.
Senisra is awesome. Kinda makes me wish we could get a little more mature in the RPs (not like way overboard or anything).

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Serendipity82 wrote:OKOK I have more secrets. Now that I am back home I can actually type them out:

Senisra is creepy.
Senisra is awesome. Kinda makes me wish we could get a little more mature in the RPs (not like way overboard or anything).

overboard is defined as?

jesus that reminds me of the time i had some guy whisper me on a low level i made, yes it was female. i hadnt rp'd before
Random level one: Hey there... want to role play?
Me clueless: umm sure? i havent before i heard it was really fun
Random guy: whips out his ****** sword, and wishes for you to polish it
Me: AWWW HELL NAW

yea so i thought after that RP was sexual, i always wondered why a pet website had an RP forum....
i was very worried why blizz had RP servers... thank god i found out it wasnt all sexual i almost quit wow cause of this random cyber happy level 1

lesson learned

Serendipity82

It was a bit erotic >_> and toned it down..then toned it down again. Yeah.
Moonlost

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Senisra is awesome. Kinda makes me wish we could get a little more mature in the RPs (not like way overboard or anything).
Eh, I kinda share your thought and don't. I mean, I'd love to explore those sorts of things a little deeper, sure. But then it just kinda becomes a little awkward. Or porn. I think we've kinda hit a nice spot where we can just allude to mature things happening, but not go overboard. That is, if you're not a perv like me and almost forget to tone it down at times. >.>
Of course, it can always be taken to the PMs, or written as a story and posted as mature on DA or FA.
Cerele wrote:overboard is defined as?

jesus that reminds me of the time i had some guy whisper me on a low level i made, yes it was female. i hadnt rp'd before

yea so i thought after that RP was sexual, i always wondered why a pet website had an RP forum....
i was very worried why blizz had RP servers... thank god i found out it wasnt all sexual i almost quit wow cause of this random cyber happy level 1

lesson learned
Aww, what a horrible way to get your first exposure to roleplay. :<

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Mature does not have to mean sexual stuff. ;)

[/center]
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

Moonlost wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:Senisra is awesome. Kinda makes me wish we could get a little more mature in the RPs (not like way overboard or anything).
Eh, I kinda share your thought and don't. I mean, I'd love to explore those sorts of things a little deeper, sure. But then it just kinda becomes a little awkward. Or porn. I think we've kinda hit a nice spot where we can just allude to mature things happening, but not go overboard. That is, if you're not a perv like me and almost forget to tone it down at times. >.>
Of course, it can always be taken to the PMs, or written as a story and posted as mature on DA or FA.
Cerele wrote:overboard is defined as?

lesson learned
Aww, what a horrible way to get your first exposure to roleplay. :<

in the back of my perverted mind it still wants to read roleplay as dirty, lol
hmm i figured id try it out on the forums... but when i read the stuff on here it made no sense to me, then i tried to write a story but it was terribad xD i think ill stick to pretending i know what people are talking about by "rp"

Moonlost

To quote dictionary.com;
role-play   
[rohl-pley]
–verb (used with object)
to assume the attitudes, actions, and discourse of (another), especially in a make-believe situation in an effort to understand a differing point of view or social interaction: Management trainees were given a chance to role-play labor negotiators.
to experiment with or experience (a situation or viewpoint) by playing a role: trainees role-playing management positions.
Err, yeah. Within the context of this sort of forum-based roleplay, it's more akin to you writing the story of a character in real time, while multiple other people do the same with their own characters.

/Thread Derailed/

Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

*Rerailing* :lol:

Hrm. Let's see...

- Glix is terrified of deep water. She's okay in the shallows, but deep water is a no-go. After very nearly drowning when the slave boat from Kezan sank, she's developed a bit of a fear of the ocean. Sharks and fish too, but that more stems from her brother being a pest and telling her ridiculous scary stories when she was little.
- She absolutely adored her big brother, Rizz. He died back on Kezan during the rush to leave the exploding island and she misses him quite a bit. Whether she realizes it or not, she sees Karzix as a sort of replacement for him.

- Karzix greatly dislikes having his ears touched, as they were one of his brother's favorite places to target (Hence all of the notches and tears Karz has there).
- He's rather uncomfortable around the World Destroyer because of its tendency to call him "Daddy". He doesn't have many good memories to associate family with and doesn't even know who his father is. He's not quite sure if he likes being compared to someone who, in his experience, has never been there for him and most likely doesn't even know he even exists. Really, the same would go for any kind of comparison between him and blood relatives. Saying he's like your brother would have a similar effect, too.
- One of his biggest fears is that one day he'll encounter one of his siblings again, especially Vixik (His oldest brother). He has no doubt in his mind that Vixik would kill him, or worse. This worse part is what especially bothers him. Should Vixik ever find out about her, Glix would be at a huge risk as a result because she's Karzix's closest friend and he cares for her more than he'd like to admit.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

nirvana
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dalaran US

Unread post by nirvana »

Grimsley isn't a true Gilnean. He's merely a Lordaeron soldier who happened to be stationed in Gilneas at the time the walls were closed.

Bit fortunate that he managed to avoid the mass Scourge killing, but if he'd had the choice - especially considering what happened later with the curse and all - he probably would've rather died with his family.