Forget Brainstorming...

Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Re: Forget Brainstorming...

Unread post by Moonlost »

*Is surprised at the positive reation*
Here I was afraid I was getting too metaphysical. XD
I still suggest we wait to hear from Senna before we get started on this. Get her thoughts on this.

Azu, I would like to ask that you include a link to a wiki page detailing the world your character comes from in the sign in bio thing. Just so that people who may not be familiar with the work can have a look and get a basic idea. Or something.

Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Another good plan.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Got it. Edited, and I see her log in occasionally, don't know if she looks at this forum much anymore though, so I'll send her a PM at some point, depending on when her "Life is Good" thing ends.
Moonlost

Mmm, I've seen her around too. I've been hoping it's just that she's viewing the site from her phone and is unable to post, or something similar.

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

*Pokes head into thread* Merrr... I'm here. Just been kinda lurking. The conference ended today, but I'm still gonna be at the hotel until Tuesday, but I'll hopefully be much more active tomorrow... Anyway..

To be honest, I'm not really one for crossover stories or anything like that. I admit, the antagonist does sound interesting.. But at this point, if I'm gonna be in a new RP, it's gonna be a Pokemon one, no matter what. It's my RP of choice, and I'd much rather stick with what I know. Sure, a crossover would let me still use my Pokemon characters, but I'd still rather just be in a Pokemon RP.

Speaking of which... I DID have an interesting idea.. For a new Pokemon RP, we could use Trainer characters along with our usual Pokemon. It could be a more traditional style Pokemon story.. I'd have to get used to RP'ing a human, but oh well.

And on the subject of "Special" characters, for a new Pokemon RP (If there ever is one..), I'd really love there NOT to be a limit on that sort of thing. Of course, some characters can get a bit too special or overpowered, but that doesn't mean we have to limit all characters with slight traits like that, such as a limit on Delta Species or Hybrids. As I've mentioned many times before, it should be the character itself that defines whether it's special, not the species/types it is. There's been quite a few normal characters that have been FAR stronger than the "special" ones, anyway. I know most of you probably disagree with me on this, considering how things went last time, but oh well. I'm getting pretty used to having the minor opinion on things here.

Anywho, that's just my two cents. Senna... Out. *Skedaddles*
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Alright then, Senna. I'm sorry you aren't too much of a fan, it's a pity that we won't see you around. If you'd like to start up at some point, feel free. And if you ever change your mind and want to join this one, that's cool too.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Aye, sad we won't see you in it Senna.

I assume we're going with Moonies idea once she returns?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Yeah. Once we get okay-go signals from everyone, I'll pull a sign-up thread together. Maybe finally think of characters I can use. Grrf.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I'll start working on an introductory post! :D

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Crap. I want a Turian, because Turians are BA, but I don't know all that much about them. MAWiki away!

Anyway, haven't posted much here, but I approve of the idea. Oh, and I also offer to play an antagonist.

So... Three characters for me, most likely.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I was totally looking forward to this crossover RP, but now I can't think of a damned character I'd want to bring in. :lol:
I don't really want to use ones I'm already using in the WoW RP, but I'm having so much fun with Indi's powers that I'm kind of tempted to play with another character using blood magics. >_>

I also think playing a succubus, vampire, or werewolf could be amusing, but I don't really have any established fandoms I would pull them from.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

So...I really kind of want to do like a demonic blood mage for an antagonist, however, I'm not real sure I have a direct fandom to take one from so much as kind of making it up, which is something we're supposed to avoid. =/

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Yeah, I'm having a similar issue, really. If you can explain it well enough, you could be able to pull it off.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I'd be willing to make an exception for you, but eh, then we'd have to do that for others too. However! Demons exist in WoW, as do bloodmages. *Hint hint, nudge nudge*

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I wouldn't make my own demon or anything. What I have in mind is a sort of succubus-esque style of demoness that uses blood magics similar to what I'm doing with Indi. I was going to steal something from Dragon Age: Origins, but I don't really want to use their style of blood magic as it's not the style I prefer.

Edit: I suppose that is sort of like making my own demon now that I think about it. :lol:

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Saturo wrote:I'd be willing to make an exception for you, but eh, then we'd have to do that for others too. However! Demons exist in WoW, as do bloodmages. *Hint hint, nudge nudge*
Yeah, although WoWWiki's information on blood mages seemed to be lacking when I went digging around for blood mage info a little while ago.

I was thinking of something along the lines of Indi's powers, but more caster based so I suppose that would count as a blood mage. XD

Also, other than the succubi and the six-armed bitches, are there any other female demons in the WoW universe?

Edit: I'd like to stick to the rules given to make my idea work so that way I'm not "special" or anything, which means I'll probably have to work with an already given style of demon instead of the image that keeps popping up in my head. :lol:

*goes off to do more research*

[/center]
Moonlost

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Saturo wrote:I'd be willing to make an exception for you, but eh, then we'd have to do that for others too. However! Demons exist in WoW, as do bloodmages. *Hint hint, nudge nudge*
Yeah, although WoWWiki's information on blood mages seemed to be lacking when I went digging around for blood mage info a little while ago.

I was thinking of something along the lines of Indi's powers, but more caster based so I suppose that would count as a blood mage. XD

Also, other than the succubi and the six-armed bitches, are there any other female demons in the WoW universe?

Edit: I'd like to stick to the rules given to make my idea work so that way I'm not "special" or anything, which means I'll probably have to work with an already given style of demon instead of the image that keeps popping up in my head. :lol:

*goes off to do more research*
You could always go with one of the Dungeons and Dragons worlds for a demon. Forgotten Realms, for example, should work well for your idea.
For a blood mage, you could have a look at Dragon Age too.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

TygerDarkstorm wrote: I was going to steal something from Dragon Age: Origins, but I don't really want to use their style of blood magic as it's not the style I prefer.
:P Sorry Moon. I was going to ninja something from Dragon Age, but it's not the style of blood magic I'd like to use since it's effectively based around trying not to kill yourself while sacrificing your health to heal and do minor damage. From what I saw on their wiki, there's only like 3 or 4 powers and it feels more limiting than what I can do with the style I'm going for with Indi. I'm weird, I like the more carnal, edge of your control feel of blood magic. :lol:

I'll go take a peek at the DnD link you gave. I've never done anything with Dungeons and Dragons before so I'll have to hope not to butcher anything to badly if I take my idea from there. XD

[/center]
Moonlost

Whoops, my bad. Didn't see that. XD
Uh, the only other blood mage think I can think of isn't really a blood mage. So much as a character from an anime with blood super power; Suitengu. Might be more in line with how you're thinking, but I know practically bugger all about the Speed Grapher universe.
I'll see if I can find something else. :S
And if you need a hand with Forgotten Realms lore, I can easily help with that.

Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Orc, Troll, Goblin, Human, Pilot.....Pony

I need mental help :lol: