Forget Brainstorming...

Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Re: Forget Brainstorming...

Unread post by Moonlost »

rubybeam wrote:Well if we do it with our OC's then in future rps thats separate to only them do we mention this strange other rp thing?
Nah, this would be completely non-cannon to any existing stuff. It'll be in it's own separate little pocket dimension. Perhaps a shared, bad dream. If they get used though. If we are going to use OCs, I have full intentions on making myself a Salarian character. XD

... I'd still kinda like to see established cannon characters though.

rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

So a crossworld rp would basically allow anything from any game?
So I can rp my pony?
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Moonlost

Uh, yes, if what I'm getting from this idea is right anyway. Any canon you can imagine up, whether that be from video game, movie, tv show, book or whatever else you can imagine, you can play as.
MLP, WoW, Pokemon, Song of Ice and Fire, Scooby Doo, NCIS, Blade Runner, Mass Effect, Pride and Prejudice, World of Darkness, Futurama, Days of our Lives, Beyond Good and Evil, War of the Worlds, American Gods, Samurai Pizza Cats, True Blood, Birdemic, Inheritance, Full Metal Alchemist, Mother 3, Conan the Barbarian, the list goes on.
I'd say we'd have to limit play from some of the most powerful creatures out there. Perhaps some of the least powerful too. Kinda defeats the point if everyone is running around with their own Reaper character.
Oh gods, I'm on a Mass Effect binge.

rubybeam

FREAKING SOCK EARED PONIES FOR THE WIN!

yeah..I think you know of my plans by now.....
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Ah...

That's a good question. I suppose canon characters would be okay if A. You stick to their lore/personality/whatnot, as opposed to changing it entirely to your own, and B. Don't pick godly characters. So...No one RPing Nozdormu or Arceus or Quetzalcoatl or Zeus for example.

And yeah, this RP will be pretty unrelated to all future RPs. This is less of a deadly serious kind of thing and a more of a "What if....?" fun RP with an actual plot. xD

Let's see...Who would I bring? Lyra, I guess, because she was pretty fun. Azu, but if I bring Azu, there has to be a Koz. You just don't see 'em separate. xD Maybe an umbreon of mine from my soul silver, that way I have two Pokemon/Two WoW chars for balance...*Thoughtful.*

Edit: Ha, at this point I don't know WHAT to do or who I'd bring. XD
Moonlost

Hmm. Here's the thing. I'd either say "All lore characters" or "No lore characters". It just wouldn't feel right if most people are running around with their own, unique characters, and one guy is playing Jack Sparrow.
I don't mind keeping it to OCs though, that's more than cool by me. I just thought it might be an interesting idea.
Still working on our antagonists, I will say that there will be intelligent servants of this great big elder god beast thing. No need to worry about only playing mindless, slavering monsters.

rubybeam

I kinda have to agree with moon here actually...also wouldn't it be weird to even HAVE major lore character be gone from their own worlds to save another..

I'd alos like to put with this rp there could also be rules in it that dont allpy to the regular kinds of ones EX. in WoW you cant play neutral races, due to the alliance and horde hating them, in the the rp the alliance/horde rule dont come into play
Moonlost

rubybeam wrote:also wouldn't it be weird to even HAVE major lore character be gone from their own worlds to save another..

I'd alos like to put with this rp there could also be rules in it that dont allpy to the regular kinds of ones EX. in WoW you cant play neutral races, due to the alliance and horde hating them, in the the rp the alliance/horde rule dont come into play
I'm of the opposite opinion, why wouldn't they be helping? All these different worlds and dimensions are in the same peril, you will need to put a stop to this elder god in all the dimensions being affected in order to ensue that your home dimension is safe.

But I agree with your second statement. I mean, we're already planning on going nuts, I can't see why a decently powerful entity from any world couldn't be played. I mean, it seems a little unfair to allow someone to play a pony, but then disallow someone to play a gnoll, for example.

Moonlost

Okay, let me just throw this question out here.

What do you guys want from the next roleplay?

What do you want to be able to do? What would make this fun for you? What do you not what to see happening? If we can address these issues now, hopefully we'll have less complications happening later on. There's a few other questions I wouldn't mind asking at some point, but those can come later.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Well, I for one would love to try out some brand new characters. No ponies or such for me, hell, no animals at all, people. Humanoids. Be they alien, elves, future-humans, or the Crhuuhlh From The Dark Seas, just... something new. That I haven't done before. The setting couldn't matter less to me.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

rubybeam

One question sat, im not excusing you of anything but are saying we should ban all non-humanoids from the rp? or are you saying you wouldn't play any animals
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I'd like to see quite a bit of room for character development. I would love to work with Lyra more, or think of something completely new and work with them. So I'd like to see situations that make the characters question themselves, give them room to grow. Take a character who's a heartless jerk and put them in a situation where they could save someone they had once loved. Allow them to make a choice. In simpler terms, I wouldn't mind some more deep bits for our characters.

That said, I do love the spontaneity and humor in our RPs. I don't want that to die either.

And fight scenes. Plenty of those. And a chance to start over with new characters and new relationships, I guess, as opposed to trying to force others to interact. It was a huge issue I saw with the fun cross overs. Except for Darkrai, there wasn't any interaction between the Pokemon and the WoW chars.

Edit: So I guess I'm willing to try some totally new chars. I still wouldn't mind at least Lyra, since there's a lot I can still do with her. But Azu and Koz have fleshed out considerably, as well as Sol, for example, so they likely won't come back.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'd like to see a world we all know, personally. That's one major benefit of using the WoW world - you can picture every scene because the land is well known. The Pokémon world is much more vague and hard to picture, which makes it hard for me to enter that world. Not saying we have to use WoW, but a already created world, or perhaps a well fleshed out imaginary one.

As for plots, anything, really. I'm not incredibly picky.

And characters... Well, I really want to include my Orc, but that would be WoW. So I guess I'd like to see WoW characters allowed. Other than that, anything, as long as it's not incredibly OP. (Wolf-gods with venom on their fur that can kill anything instantly = OP. I saw a character like that once. -.-)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

The general idea I had is all the characters get together in one world: Let's say....Azeroth. They get there through various portals in their own worlds, and from there, the WoW characters could suggest some sort of elder they could sneak to, because we can say something like this has happened before.

The actual search for the items will end up being an reagent in every realm the characters come from, or a selection of them, for simplicity.

I'm not sure if that works, though.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

rubybeam wrote:One question sat, im not excusing you of anything but are saying we should ban all non-humanoids from the rp? or are you saying you wouldn't play any animals
No, no, not at all! I just, personally, think the focus should lie on human(oid) characters, instead of various animals. Of course, things like hunter pets I'd be just fine with. Just no pokemon or MLP-focused RP, 's all I'm saying.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Moonlost

Saturo wrote:
rubybeam wrote:One question sat, im not excusing you of anything but are saying we should ban all non-humanoids from the rp? or are you saying you wouldn't play any animals
No, no, not at all! I just, personally, think the focus should lie on human(oid) characters, instead of various animals. Of course, things like hunter pets I'd be just fine with. Just no pokemon or MLP-focused RP, 's all I'm saying.
I think that's the great strength of this crossover idea, we can choose to play whatever we want. (Within reason, of course.) I'm like you Sat, I'll probably be choosing more humanoid characters myself. But within this narrative, people who do want a more animalistic character are free to do so... It just might be a little weird wrapping your brain around, say, Kozrok the orc death knight having a serene talk with Shinedance the pony.

The more variation we can have between characters, and the more worlds we end up using, the better I say.
I know a lot of us are going to be making new characters, I most certainly am, but I say we don't ban the use of old ones.
Do we want any sort of character number restrictions?
I also suggest that, in the signup sheet, we ask for someone to link the Wiki page of the universe that their character comes from, just so people not familiar with that work can at least get a basic reference to work from.

Azu, when I'm feeling a little less queezy, I'll type up a more detailed summary of my antagonist idea, hopefully we can use that to make our magical macguffins a little less vague.
I'm going to go back to lying down. Urp.

rubybeam

I can understand you not wanting to have the Cross world RP not being biased on just completely animals, I thin it would be nice to set a limit actually on these things so the rp isn't only WoW or pokemon

Though I still think a new pokerp would be nice, and due to being sucked into the fandom a MLP rp I think might be good, we have quite the few fans on the forums now I think.

what im looking for in an rp is something that you wont have to feel so well..what can I say limited in the rp. I think I quit the wow rp because it was stressing me, because it seemed to be a more stress you can only create certain thing with HUGE limits on your creativity, you couldn't really plan anything big either.
rubybeam

Sorry for double post but I have one more thing to add

if I see anyone creating any 'special' characters, I just may end up quitting
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Okay. We'll hold you to that statement as well.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

So far I haven't seen any truly "special" characters on the forum, so I wouldn't worry that much. If they could be considered special, it'd just be because they need to be for plot reasons.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!