A Tear in the Universe

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

A Tear in the Universe

Unread post by Azunara »

The sun was a red, bleeding color as it slowly sunk behind the hills. Bony trees reached for the sky, slashing and tearing. Dark clouds gathered on the horizon as the night slowly and luxuriously crept in, like some panther prowling across the sky. There was the smell of flames and sap and meat roasting as the village gathered for their annual harvest festival.

Children danced in the streets, throwing balls of mud and rocks at each other, calling out names and running. Women cooked or yelling at their offspring, while men compared weapons or swapped war stories, growing steadily and steadily more drunk. As the night finally settled over everything, the village gathered for the night of antics and fun. Jesters told jokes, pulling flowers from their sleeves or somersaulting over each others' backs. One man told a horrifying tale of a werewolf that sent shivers down the spine, and the young ones sang several songs in respect to their goddess, Kiriqui, She who Guards the Sun and Protects the Children.

Finally, an old man came out his tent, clutching his cane. His skin looked like a wrinkled prune, his sparse hair the color of bone. His skin was dark with tanning, outside exposure, and ash, though pale scars mapped his body, showing he had fought many battles. He looked up at all the villagers who had settled and quieted. "Gather round," He croaked in a rattly hiss. He coughed thrice, then took a drink of his tea, then said softly:

"Many, many years ago, the Creators reached into the dark abyss that was everything, and find in a corner, a trickle of light. And with the light, they created a universe. They breathed life onto the universe, and when they saw their creation prosper, they created more universes. They crafted planets and stars and suns, everything needed to create universes. And they too prospered. But the beast that lived in the dark was not happy, not at all. It had labored long, ruling over its shadowy empire, and it defied the Creators and their work. It reached up, spreading its influence and its curse across the worlds, slowly devouring each one until darkness threatened.

And sure enough, the worlds slowly, one by one, fell. It had formed its own dark children, monsters from nightmares that tempted the innocent into the dark, only further bringing about their doom and demise. And the worlds fell.

But they would not be completely broken. Where the Dark One had its influence, the universes strained and cracked, a portals to other worlds formed. While chaos thrived, a group of brave heroes, never seeing each other or knowing each other, banded together, knowing only they could save the world. The Creators reached out to these Champions, explaining how they must subdue the Devourer-of-Worlds. And so they traveled through the holes in the world, gathering reagents so they could destroy the monster that threatened their everything.

Yet the Devourer-of-Worlds refused to be defeated so easily, and screaming monstrous hordes pursued the Champions, and some even fell to them, becoming the more savage and deadly leaders in the name of the Devourer, but the Champions persevered, and they gathered the spell.

And so the Devourer-of-Worlds was weakened and a physical manifestation appeared, giving a cry of challenge to the heroes that wished to save their world. And it was a mighty battle, the beast raging and screaming, but they refused to let their world fall, and eventually, the Monster was subdued and broken. He retreated to the dark, hiding, but his influence would linger, forever. And while they trapped and chained him, his minions have worked many years to free their master. And so the Devourer lurks, waiting, always waiting."

The fire screamed, blazing and flaring at the sky. The people looked each other, giving their storyteller an applause. But none of them believed it. Mothers comforted children, explaining how it could never happen. Men boasted who they would be the "heroes" and children giggled and shook it off, turning the legend into their own games.

But the storyteller just looked up at the sky, watching the stars wink, silent sentinels over the world. "They may not believe, but I know you are out there, wishing to snuff out our lives forever. I know, and I wait." He whispered to the sky, the fire behind him settling into a low smolder as the villagers returned to their homes.
rubybeam
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: A Tear in the Universe

Unread post by rubybeam »

Sockie puppet- Outside of ponyville ((With a small cameo apperance from one of my other ponies so I can find out why shes out there))

Sock looked back at ponyville in the distance, a slight look of worry in her eyes "Steel are you sure theres wool around here?" her loose tail wagged loosely watching a dark blue pony. The dark blue pony snorted "How should I know? my magic is my magic. It just is it, i not sure what it does" The dark blue pony stated looking up at its slightly glowing horn with a 'you better be right' look. Sock sighed flicking her sock covered ear " I need to make at least 10 pairs of socks tonight! The material store ran out of wool.." Sock pouted, being ignored by her guide. the dark blue pony rolled his lighting blue eyes " yeah. whatever" he walked away leaving Sockie puppet alone, the sock covered pony turned to look at the pony leaving "Steel skull! wait dont go!" it was too late however
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Myrrh--Wherever the Storyteller is at. :P

The reptilian demon's tail switched through the air in excitement as she caught the scent of fresh blood. A smile curved the corners of her mouth. Myrrh unfurled her great, tattered wings and jumped in the air, gliding forward several yards to land in the shadows of the small town. As the old man finished his story, she clasped her wings around herself, making her way towards him.

"My that was a lovely story," she said in a voice of silk and honey, kneeling down to caress the storyteller's face in her clawed hands. "But now it is my turn."

She turned to the crowd. "You like stories?" she called out. "I will give you a story for the ages!" The demon launched into a tale of demise and destruction, glorifying the works of the Devourer. To emphasize her story, she worked her dark magic, twisting and corrupting the blood of those around her so that they were puppets acting out each scene.

((I'll leave it there so others can interact.))

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Villagers
At the Village Place ((Which I now dub Ravenwood, for lack of a name.))

They struggled and howled in fear and pain, trying to break free, only to be forced to continue their macabre dance. The storyteller snarled furiously, "Witch. Demon. They never believed me, but I knew this day would come."

---

Avi and Ebon
By Ravenwood

Aviara checked to make sure her bow was still intact, slowly pushing herself off the ground. Ebonira fluttered nearby, hissing and occasionally giving a spurt of flame. "Think we lost them," She said, and Aviara shook herself, checking for broken bones. "Yeah, we lost them, but where are we?" She asked, and the black dragon whelp placed herself on the human's shoulders. "I don't know," Ebonira stated, "One second, running from the guards, the next...a blinding light, and here."

Aviara looked around, "Well, I don't li-Do you hear screams?" She asked, and Ebonira growled, deep in her chest. "Yeah."
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Mala'sari - Citadel (Mass Effect)

Mala walked though the streets of the Citadel, marvelling at, well, everything. The flotilla was pretty big, but it was so cramped. You were lucky to see the inside of more than a few spaceships as well. The citadel was completely different, so many different species lived here! She had seen more new and wonderful things in a single day than she had heard about during the rest of her lifetime. She had even talked with an Elcor, that had been interesting. Sure, she got more than a few dirty looks here and there, but they did little to dissuade her from her exploring.
She stopped suddenly, turning to stare down an alley. There was something there... Or, perhaps there was nothing there? It felt like there should be something there, but there wasn't. It was a strange, creepy feeling. Made her spine crawl. And yet, she was curious about it. Placing her hand close to the holster her pistol was in, she moved forward to investigate the nothing that should have been something, feeling drawn in.

~

Skalvhar - By Ravenwood

Coiled atop the branches of a nearby tree, Skalvhar watched his fellow Monarch play with the mortals below. He had to admit, there was a certain fondness he had for watching Myrrh use her powers over blood. Like watching a puppet show, only with actual blood. The screams are usually not of laughter either. Still, it was not nearly as satisfying as watching the mortals to the exact same thing without being controlled by blood powers.
The Demon of the Void sniffed, something new was approaching. He coiled in closer to the trunk of the tree, his long claws digging in deep, while he waited and watched.

rubybeam

((Rest of charries incoming))

Ataliou -Outside of the lost city

Ataliou quickly moved her hands, green mist resembling poisonous gas floating around them, taking shape under her hands movements. It soon took shape into that of a scarab, then was projected at the scene of battle. The laughing of a candle-like wraith could be heard as it tried to set an attacking wolfing on fire, however the wolfling was swift to dodge, it snarled in anger leaping at the candle and breaking off one of its spikes, the candle still kept its laughing game until it screamed out, finished off by a poisonous scarab.

A lightly glowing spring genie slowly hovered to the corpse collecting goods that it had in its collection. It then flew back to the shoulders of a blacklike being. The being didn't apper human as it had rather large cat ears sprouting out of its head and a long tail trailing behind it on its buttox, it wore a elegant dress. "Thanks feaver" the untamed venomancer received the small loot her genie had collected, bending down to pat the wolfing on the head "Thats one last wraith to deal with later" she soon began walking back to the town, genie on shoulders and pet by side before she went blank.

Elecktrika- Sinnoh

Elecktria raised his head to the blue sky, clouds flowing overhead he watched their stories unfold in shapes. They always seemed do calm, so patient. He had to admit he was jelous
He would of stayed but the sudden need for water had hit him, so he slowly came unto his feet padding over to a stream of water, first to look at himself.
I look weak.
He thought with a slight frown. however his star like tail hit his reflection breaking it, he burst out laughing "I'll be strong soon!" he smiled at this fact, taking his drink, he looked across the river almost thinking that something was there. but there clearly wasn't
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Vice- Pokeworld
Vice scowled. Life always had a way of showing it hated him. He was hiding from a Rhyperior he managed to enrage, certain it'll find him and tear him apart.

He looked over at a nearby treehole, "..what the?"

Something seemed off about it.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Siryk - Citdadel (Mass Effect) ((Dropping him near Mala if you don't mind.))

Siryk had been slowly trailing the Quarian for a while now, knowing it wasn't exactly socially accepted, but nervously following anyway. He didn't want to creep her- Him? He wasn't sure - out, but... He had nothing else to do here. He was waiting for additional information for his recent research project. What could he do until then, have lunch with his friends? Heh, right.
Seeing the Quarian stop, he stopped as well, looking towards the oddity. Hmm. That was odd. Curiosity piqued, he slowly followed. After a few steps he quickly drew his sniper. If something was dangerous around here, it'd be dead before it could touch the Quarian.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Myrrh--Ravenwood

Myrrh finished her story, relinquishing her control over the petty villagers. Smirking at them she crooned, "See, wasn't that much better? And now, all that story telling has left me thirsty." Her tail lashed out from under her cloak to send villagers sprawling while she looked them over to see which one looked the tastiest.

Silvery eyes glowing in delight, she reached out for a plump looking child, using a free claw to draw a line down its arm over a vein, lapping at the blood that pooled out from the incision.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Villagers
Ravenwood

Released, the fastest of them recollected their senses and made a break for it. The child gave a shriek of horror and pain, and his mother close by crept towards Myrrh. Once she was close, she lashed out with a fist, trying to punch the strange creature.

---

Aviara and Ebonira
Near Ravenwood

Aviara moved closer, drawing her bow. "What in Maxnar's name...?" She said softly, crouching low and concealing herself in the shadows, watching from a distance. It looked like some monster, sort of like a winged drakonoid, really, that was attacking and slaughtering the villagers. "We are -way- outclassed," Ebonira hissec by Avi's ear, and the human nodded, "No kidding."
Magnakilro

Vice - Pokeworld.

Vice sighed, "I'm never gonna get to that hole with that Rhyperior in the way....I need a distraction....but what"

-----

Buzzlizzk and Ophelia- Orgrimmar

"Well Ophie...we did it again....we sold another defective product to Garrosh! That dude pays thousands for that crap!" Buzz said with glee.

Ophie cleared her throat and held out a claw.

"NO! I'M NOT GIVING YOU HALF!"
Moonlost

Skalvhar - By Ravenwood

Slowly, Skalvhar slunk down from the tree, using his tail to keep his descent slow and quiet. The smell was stronger now, two of them. Different from how everything else in this world smelled. Interesting. They were speaking to themselves, he was still too far away to listen properly. He moved across a branch, leaping over to a closer tree to attempt to listen into Aviara and Ebonira.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Myrrh--Ravenwood

Myrrh looked down to the woman trying to punch her. "Oh hello there dear," the demon said lovingly. Extracting some of the child's blood, she formed it into a bolt, shooting the steaming ball down at the mother. The blood would burn like acid if it hit.

[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Villagers
Ravenwood

The mother's scream matched the child's in a sort of haunted lullaby, as the acidic blood scorched her skin and the child was being drained. The mother coughed and hissed, but gave another desperate attempt to save her child, clawing.

---

Avi and Ebon
By Ravenwood

Ebonira lifted her head, hissing quietly. Aviara looked at the scene carefully, remaining where she was. That was one monster she doubted the either of them could take. "That's...not right," She said softly, watching the creature and its victims. "And that's coming from me." Ebonira rustled her scales, lashing her tail and making a very soft clattering sound on Aviara's armor. "We should go." She stated.
Moonlost

Skalvhar - By Ravenwood

"Leaving so soon? But the fun has not started yet." Skalvhar said as he jumped down from the tree to land in front of the human and her dragon pet. His voice was like velvet, smooth and rich, contrasting with his cruel, monstrous appearance. His toothed maw was opened into a savage smile, his tail dancing along behind him as he began to pace.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Avira and Ebonira
By Ravenwood

"What in Deathwing's name are you?" Avira asked, raising her bow and aiming at the creature's mouth. Ebonira leaped off of Avi's shoulders, claws raking the chainmail and hovering by her head, letting out a low, angry hiss.
rubybeam

Ataliou, Tao, Feaver- Ravenwood

Ataliou woke up. The place was strangely covered in spooky trees, the sky sky clearly painted night. She bright white eyes glowed like a cats stuck in the dark as she inspected her surroundings, glad to see feavers dim pink light near her 'Tao?" she whispered looking around to have the wolfings soft tongue touch her hand gently. In reply she patted him on his head "Lets find our way out of her shall we?" she asked getting to her feet and stretching out.
She soon came upon the sight of Avira and Ebonria, of course the opponet to. Her eyes turned into slits at the sight "Wraith!" she hissed out, her ears flat against her skull and her long catlike tail twitching all over the place annoyed. She glared at Avira hostile for a secound before ignoring her. Wraiths were also the humans enemys after all. She felt Tao snarl at her side baring his fangs
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Myrrh--Ravenwood

Myrrh cackled manically, feeding off the mother and child's fear and blood. Her wings unclasped from around her and flared, revealing her nearly nude body. ((Forgot this in the sign in, but like succubi she wears very little clothing, most typically a beaded and chained bikini like outfit.)) Lifting her head and hands to the sky, letting the child fall, she called out, "Come and join the Devourer! Join and be spared or die a most painful death!"

[/center]
Magnakilro

Vice - Sinnoh (decided that's where he is))

Vice hissed. Great...AGAIN life shows that it hates him. How the hell is he getting to that weird treehole...

-----

Buzz and Ophie - Orgrimmar

Ophie cracked Buzz upside the head, "OWWWWW! Okay okay! Here!"

He gave Ophelia half the cash.

He grumbled, "Hate you so much..."

Ophelia laughed.
Moonlost

Skalvhar - By Ravenwood

"We are the Monarchs." Skalvhar purred, not at all afraid of the human's little stick or her reptile pet. "We are the devourers of worlds, the instruments of destruction. We have seen countless empires fall to our claws, tentacles and teeth. Any who stand on our way soon fall. Of course, you need not be one of those. We are merciful to those who march beside us."
The tentacles around his head flattened to the back of his neck. The eyes on his bottom jaw darted to look at Ataliou. Another one. Silently, Skalvhar called out to the nearby drones, summoning them to him.