The Dreamer

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

The Dreamer

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

My name is Rulian Windstrider.

My mother says that loosely translated, Rulian means "mistress of dreams." She says that ever since I was born I have always dreamed big, wanting to seek a full life. She thinks that one day my hopes and dreams will take me to big places, but for now, I am just a young night elf seeking adventure.

I began growing adept at using a bow, showing the starting signs of a hunter. My father was a mighty ranger and Mother says I am following in his footsteps. Excited, I sought out more training. Mother was happy for me even though there were tears in her eyes--I am sure she misses Father as much as I do. To make sure I remained safe, Mother sent Father's old saber cat, Vuh, along with me. He's going to keep me safe while I get on my feet (so to speak) as a hunter and until I can gain the trust of my own companion.
Vuh is a great, wizened, old cat and he was my father's pride and joy. I hope to bring honor to Father while Vuh is at my side.

((I will probably keep this updated as Rulian progresses and gains new pets. I really wanted a good way to bring myself back into WoW and I like the way Rulian's turning out so far. I'm still working out a potential theme for her (especially naming wise) since I intend for her to be an RP character.))

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: The Dreamer

Unread post by Sarayana »

I love her name!! :) The idea of the first pet being a family pet is really great, it explains well why the pet knows things you haven't taught it and, well, why you have it in the first place. ;)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Such a pretty kitteh.

Will it be done in the Pet-Journal-Style, or no?
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sarayana wrote:I love her name!! :) The idea of the first pet being a family pet is really great, it explains well why the pet knows things you haven't taught it and, well, why you have it in the first place. ;)
Thank you. ^_^
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/vortexshadow/names.html has given me some of my favorite Elvish names. I don't roll a die or anything, I just look at the prefixes and suffixes and put two together that sound good and fit a type of theme I might be going for. :D

I've seen some others on the forums using the starter pet as a family pet, and like you said, I think it's a great way to explain why our baby hunters already have an animal companion. I thought it would be sort of a nice tribute from her father since he's passed away. :)

Azu: I probably won't do it journal style, at least not like the pet challenge journals we were doing before. I figure the way I'll keep this one up will be like the way the first post is written, no rules or anything, just sort of telling her story as she levels. :)

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Sounds fun!

...I need to work on mine.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, I found I got kind of bored with the pet challenge ones and anymore I sort of drag my feet to go back and do them again. :lol: I'm hoping this will be more fun once I get a sort of theme worked out for her since it should be more laid back and read like a story. That's my goal anyway. XD

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

((All righty, update post for Rulian. :) ))

A month has passed and I am well underway in my hunter training. I have progressed well according to my teachers and even Vuh has been approving of my actions. In fact, he approved so much that he decided me worthy of going out and befriending my own companion. He and I returned home where we said goodbye and parted ways.

After a week's preperation I set out on my own from Dolanaar, excited to go visit Darnassus for the first time. I had never been to the big city, never had any real reason to. I always stayed home and helped out Mother, I never wanted her to be lonely after Father's passing.

She insists she'll be fine now and I am sure Vuh will keep her company in Father and I's place. In the mean time, I will go and have adventures for the both of us!

On my way to Darnassus I saw a little nightsaber kitten struggling in some undergrowth, Curious, I moved over to it and reached down to help him. I received a couple of claw marks for my efforts but in the end he decided that I was worth investigating a little further.

I have decided on the name Dante for him and I think he is a perfect companion for me. He and I will learn and grow together.

Dante and I made our way into the city proper. Boy Darnassus is big! I have never seen anything like it! I was not expecting something so grand. I think I shall spend a few days here with Dante so that we may get ourselves properly acquainted with the city and its inhabitants.

((So I'm debating on whether to leave Dante as he is, or have him grow into either Image or Image.))

[/center]
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I vote Cursed Kitty! :D

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

That's the one I'm kind of leaning toward myself. I figure by the time she hits that level I'll have a good RP reason for him to become like that. :lol:

[/center]
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Love it Tyger!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks! I'm hoping the next entry won't be quite as boring as the last one turned out to be. :lol:

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ugh I'm so upset. I had most of my next post already typed and because my mouse has been acting stupid, I lost it all. >_<

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

((Now that I'm feeling less upset about losing what I originally had posted, here's the next installment.))

Our visit to Darnassus was pleasant, although I think the city's denizens will be happy when we ship out; Dante was a little rambunctious for them. Once we gained our bearings there, we shipped out to Darkshore.

I was eager once we landed in Lor'Danel.

I made sure to keep Dante on a tight leash while we received our orders to help the locals. Excited, I took off to explore Darkshore. The forests here look so different from those in Teldrassil. Much more brown and dreary, but overall I still find them exhilarating and beautiful.

Our adventures have been nothing short of exciting as well. Dante and I have done lots of exploring. I even got to ride on the backs of the Sentinels' great saber mounts! Dante enjoyed running alongside them, trying to race them.

I still can't believe some of the neat things we've gotten to explore--lots of old night elf ruins that used to belong to the Highbourne. There were all sorts of ghosts around and the northern ruins were littered with Horde forces. It was my first encounter with the Horde and although it fried my nerves, it was still quite the adventure.

We even went on the offensive and made our move against the trolls in Shatterspear Vale. It was so cool! I got to ride on the back of one of the ancients as we worked our way to its leader.

((I think I'll leave it there for now.
To be continued...))

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

So...I'm a little stuck on what to continue doing with Rulian. On one hand, I think continuing her story-like narrative would be fun, but I've become a little sporadic on her and had her go and tame pets and change locations on a whim that, from a story perspective, I'm not really sure it would all make sense.

I'm debating whether or not just to change this into a gallery of her pets and mounts (like the one I did for Rose) and just give descriptions of each pet/mount and how/why they fit to her character and their personalities.

Any third party thoughts?

[/center]
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Have her fall down the whirl pool in Darkshore and kill that demon.
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

You could leave those pets out of this narrative, have them just as an OOC thing. :3

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Mmm, that's true Moon. I was also thinking that instead of trying to speed everything to catch up to where she is now, it would be easy enough to extend time instead so that I could work her pets in since I'm trying to make her stables be as many IC pets as possible. Considering her adventurous nature, eventually making her way to the Deadmines for her parrot, and Mulgore and WC for her raptor and tallstrider. :)

[/center]