Druids of the Flame - Darkrim's Tale

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Druids of the Flame - Darkrim's Tale

Unread post by Litlemouse »

((Ok, so basically I ran into this fun RP guild that's called Druids of the Flame on the PTR after becoming friends with one of the members. They're kind of evil druids that obey Ragnaros.. I think, I'm going to find out the full story later today. Now I"m going to make a worgen druid to join, and lying in bed I finally made up a true backstory. Here it is, and feel free to tell me if something's wrong/whatever. :)
Also, yes, of course I will be writing more :P after all it says "Part 1" ))

Part 1

The smell of smoke wafted through the dark, chilly air and into the house. Shouts and yells could be heard outside, and Jarge Darkrim, just Darkrim to his friends, huddled in his small room, poking the fire nervously. He'd heard about the worgen outbreak, but so far they had been limited to a very strict part of the city. The fact that they were not being contained worried him.

He was no fighter, just a mere citizen, but Darkrim felt he should be out there as well, giving his life if necessary to protect the city he had lived in all his life. But would he be worth it? Would he even bring down one worgen before he fell? And even if he did survive, would he really be of help, or would he just be getting in the way? Darkrim sighed, standing up. Well, if he did decide to fight, he'd better be ready. And anyways, if the guards lost this part of town, they would likely intrude into his house and kill him. Might as well leave now, before he was cornered.

Darkrim was loading his gun when a particular loud *BANG* and a shout of surprise and terror brought him to his door in a snap. Peeking out, he saw something he never dared believe. A worgen lay on the floor, dead. Nothing unsual about that. It was the fact that the worgen was wearing a tophat and typical Gilnean clothes.

Darkrim closed the door, taking a deep breath, and tried to figure it out. Pretty soon though, he was called out of his shocked thoughts by a knock at the door. Opening it cautiously, Darkrim was relieved to see a Gilnean soldier at his door instead of one of those nightmare Gilnean beasts. "We're evactuating as soon as possible, get your gun and move to the Military District." the soldier informed him before leaving to give orders to the next house over. Darkrim nodded solemnly and stepped outside, the cold, smoky air chilling him to the bone with fear.

Darkrim glanced around, looking for a straight, safe path to the Military District. Finally spotting one down an alley, where there were no dead worgen or soldiers to step over, with gun in hand Darkrim began to make his way down the dark path. He shouted suddenly with fright as a flock of crows rose in front of him, cawing. Scolding himself for being so nervous, he continued on, seeing the end of the alley up ahead.

Finally emerging from the dark alley, Darkrim sighed in relief. He could see the Military District just up ahead, and- a savage snarl behind him froze Darkrim in place. Turning around, he was greeted by two yellow eyes peering out at him from the alley. With a gulp, Darkrim raised his gun, but before he could shoot, a long clawed hand pulled him back into the alley. ***

Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Re: Druids of the Flame - Darkrim's Tale

Unread post by Moonlost »

Ooh, interesting start. Nice little tie in with the worgen starting zone. Looking forward to reading more and seeing how Darkrim eventually ends up as a druid. :)

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

((Thanks Moon! :D
Had a mild cold, and didn't feel up to writing lately, so now I give you the next part! Sorry it's short, I haven't had much time lately >.>))

Part 2

Pain filled his world. Blackness, dark as the night, blinded his senses. Darkrim didn't know where he was or what had happened, only that soft darkness threatened to overwhelm his mind and throw him into a state of painful unconsciousness. Darkrim struggled against it with all his might, but the darkness wearied him, promised him of a rest from the pain. Finally he could struggle no more. He gave in, and the darkness eagerly invaded his mind. Darkrim's last thought was of hope, hope that eventually faded like the rest of his thoughts.
Hunger. He was hungry. Two bright yellow eyes snapped open, and claws scraped against cold stone. He took a harsh breath, and rose from the floor. Lifting his head to the sky, arms outstretched, he let out a loud, chilling howl, starting at a low rumble, and raising to a high, wavering note. It was time to hunt.

Turning at a snarl to his side, he smelled one of his brothers. Yes, it was time for the hunt. Following his instincts, he raced after his brethren though the dark, pale, abandoned streets. His only thoughts were kill, hunt. Pack kill, pack hunt.

Soon he sensed them. Warm, living prey. The scent of fresh blood, both from the prey and his pack, filled his nose. Aggravated even more, he dived after one of the creatures, claws slicing through flesh. In a fury, he snapped at the creature with his jaws, fangs digging into it's neck. The creature slumped over, and he growled with satisfaction. I kill. I hunt.

But before he could begin his next attack, a loud bang rang out, and shocking pain caused him to howl in agony. Blood poured from his abdomen and he collapsed, still trying to get up to make his next kill. Pack... hunt. Pack... kill. Closing his eyes, he snarled quietly as he was whisked into unconciousness once again.

Gammaman
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hellscream, Uther

Unread post by Gammaman »

If you have joined the guild "Druids of the flame" I'm one of the pink flames aka Tooky
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Gammaman wrote:If you have joined the guild "Druids of the flame" I'm one of the pink flames aka Tooky
I have, and thats cool to know that someone there knows Petopia ;)

Gammaman
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hellscream, Uther

Unread post by Gammaman »

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Litlemouse wrote:
Gammaman wrote:If you have joined the guild "Druids of the flame" I'm one of the pink flames aka Tooky
I have, and thats cool to know that someone there knows Petopia ;)
Ikr :)
DoTf
Realm: Anasterian, Nesingwary

Unread post by DoTf »

If your talking about the one on Anasterian, (Which i think you are because you said your name was Tooky) Im the GM. :D i liked your story, you did a good job :)