Seeking help from the great RPers and story tellers here :)

Zeilla8
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ravenholdt EU

Seeking help from the great RPers and story tellers here :)

Unread post by Zeilla8 »

Hey all!

I had an idea to make a little side story to my boss guides for Firelands and I need some expert help with the plot and characters. I'm really not very creative at all, especially compared to most of you that post in this RP section. I love reading about your stories, and thought you'd be the perfect people to ask about some character development. Before each of my Firelands movie guides, I'd like to have a short clip of an on going RP series.

Basically my idea is to have my guild act like they're a real battle battalion stationed in Firelands. I'll have some scenes of us eating around a camp fire, lining up in formation, marching ect. I wanted to have a few characters that have personalities and we would follow a story of one of them. I only had one idea so far and that was to have a group of rogues or druids go off and be scouting an area and get separated from the rest of the battalion and we'd follow their harrowing adventure to get back to the group.

I'd love it if any of you can help me with some more short clip ideas/ character development. Keep in mind there wont be any voice acting, just /emotes and video footage with, perhaps, some speech bubbles. Any and all ideas are very much appreciated!

Thanks!
Z

WoW Hunter vids, Vlogs and Cooking!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zeilla8
Saturo

Re: Seeking help from the great RPers and story tellers here

Unread post by Saturo »

Without voice acting, character development becomes hard, but not impossible. A quick look over at some war movie with a similar plot on tvtropes.org might be helpful in getting ideas for the plot.

Some common ideas that come to mind is someone getting trapped, and rescuing them would be too risky. They get rescued anyway, which leads to character development for primarily the squad leader. Maybe? Seriously though, check out tvtropes, it's got lots of good ideas.
Zeilla8
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ravenholdt EU

Unread post by Zeilla8 »

Ah, great idea! Thanks Saturo. :D

WoW Hunter vids, Vlogs and Cooking!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zeilla8
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

TVtropes is a pretty good idea. Only thing I'd warn about is falling into cliches. Now, I don't RP. I tried it once on here and, while I enjoyed the short while I did it, it just wasn't my thing.

But I write. I write and, not to toot my own horn, I write well.

As for ideas, that's a bit of a hard thing. You could always explore PTSD a little; you are in a war zone after all. Most easy things in stories that have to do with war, however, are overused and redundant. You can always use them anyway, they're tried and true after all. I'd suggest popping in some war movies and reading some war novels and basically immersing yourself in fictional war until it comes spurting out your nose.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog