Random Hunter Roleplay Challenge!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Random Hunter Roleplay Challenge!

Unread post by Acherontia »

I shall work on these shortly--and no worries Saturo, I had posted that bit in specifically:

"if you dislike it, you can simply stop, of course. Also, this can be done as slowly as you wish--a side project for when you're bored; you don't need to make this your main or a job. There's no obligation to complete it or to rush; all is in fun!"

Aaand the only "pet history" I'll be giving is for the default pet; past that, pet choice is entirely yours :)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Ooh. Sorry, must have missed that part. xD Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

For Gumballs:

Name: Uzark
Nickname: None, though sometimes shortened to Uz
Race: Orc
Appearance: A physically powerful, fairly average orc with short, dark hair.
Personality: Somewhat dour and gruff or curt, with a chip on his shoulder, although he isn't vocal about that. He does value honor but isn't a "knight in shining armor" type, preferring instead to stick to himself--why is up to you, although he's definitely bitter about what he considers a wasted, unexciting life thus far.
Starting Story: Uzark has yet to earn his "adult" second name, or even a nickname, and has given up on his old life in some disgust to go out into the world and prove himself--perhaps only to himself. He wants to challenge himself by challenging the world, and make a name for himself somewhere. He has no ties to his old land bar his boar, who he's simply taking with him. His goal is to perform some great deed to earn himself a second name, even if it's only in one battle; or to find something he loves, whether that be a mate or a new profession (by profession I mean soldier, armorsmith, worg-breeder, or whatever). His reasons for having stuck to a farm rather than fighting for the Horde at an earlier age are up to you.
Background: A simple farmhand for years, Uzark now wants to be a fighter. His life has been devoid of any emotional connection (bar a solid working partnership with his boar) and he has nothing of which he can be proud. His actual family history and relationship, as well as any living relatives, are up to you.
Quirks: Uzark is actually rather good at healing, as evidenced by his ability to bring a farm animal--or even a wild beast--back to full health from the brink of death. He has a very good eye for aiming, and is a stealthy, observant stalker, able to perceive the slightest track of a beast or person through the harshest terrain. This stems from hunting for food for himself and the other farmhands, but he hopes to put it to good use for the Horde as a military-esque scout or hunter-soldier.

Pet Name: Bloodtusk
Pet Gender: Male
Pet History: This boar was ravaging the edges of the farm, uprooting crops and even killing the chickens. Uzark tracked him after he'd been shot, but he admired the boar's tenacity (the creature, rather than dying, tried to gore him instead); he befriended the creature and nursed it back to health. Since then it has helped keep peace between beasts on the farm and kept Uzark company, as well as helping him hunt by sniffing out prey and even fighting for him.
Pet Personality: Bloodtusk obeys Uzark without question in important situations, but sometimes goes his own way in day-to-day things. He's stubborn and tough, a strong, older adult boar in his prime.
Pet Quirks: If he senses something dangerous or out-of-the-ordinary, Bloodtusk tends to freeze up and stare pointedly, listening and watching intently, much like a Pointer dog.

For TygerDarkstorm:

Name: Kaz'fon
Nickname: Kaz
Race: Troll
Appearance: Lanky and wiry but muscular. Longish, braided hair, color's up to you; skin is a very vibrant blue, or perhaps faded out with the harsh Durotar sunlight, your call.
Personality: Kaz is very much a loner. Although he's a Darkspear, his own small family tribe lived on the outskirts of Durotar. After he killed one of the sons of a clan elder (whether deliberately or accidentally, justifiably or not, as well as the events leading up to it, are up to you) he was banished. His name means "Death-outcast,"** and was given to him in disgrace as he was sent away. How he feels about his name and situation are up to you. He is quite pragmatic, able to think through a situation and plan it out in advance, and as he's surviving alone in a harsh desert environment, this is a definite plus. He doesn't seem, on the outside, to be an emotional sort---in fact, he keeps a very straight face--but how he feels inside is up to you. He has taken to the wilderness, regardless of how he felt about his banishment, quite well; he knows of every single happening in the scrub and desert near his small cave home. He stalks the canyon ledges and slips through the desert night unseen, and knows where every birds' nest is, where every boar has dug a den, and even where to find a beehive, in a pinch, for honey. Whether he feels pride in this or simply knows these things as a matter of course is up to you. He is a survivor, and has caches of food and supplies kept very well-hidden around the Durotar landscape.
Starting Story: Kaz'fon is called to the Echo Isles by a messenger sent to him. He is asked to come and help rid the Isles of several dangers, as all able-bodied trolls are needed, and in return, his permanent outcast status (a kill-on-sight status) will be revoked. Whether he's given a place in the tribe afterward, or simply allowed to go about unmolested, is up to you, as is how the other trolls treat him.
Background: Aside from the bit about killing one of the sons of a clan Elder, this is up to you. Whether he had a good family in good standing, and they were disgraced; or if he was an orphan, or if his family always struggled for acceptance, is up to you.
Quirks: Kazfon likes to work with his hands. Whether that be making powerful, long-lasting bows, or fletching more arrows than he strictly needs, or engraving ornate symbols (he has some knowledge of voodoo) into his dagger hilts, he tends to spend a great deal of his free time in the creation of objects. He carries a carved wooden totem of some type of bird: most trolls seem to despise birds, but Kazfon sees them as his kin (whether he still hates them, thus hating himself, or feels for them as something that is hated needlessly, like himself, is up to you).

Pet Name: Bloodfang
Pet Gender: Female
Pet History: This raptor is an adult in her prime, or even just older, and seems almost motherly toward Kazfon at times. Whether she was given to him to assist in his helping the Darkspear on the Echo Isles, or whether she was living with him in the wilderness, is up to you.
Pet Personality: She is protective and intelligent, with a cunning and "street-smarts" from experience. She is cautious but unafraid, and even somewhat manipulative if Kazfon has something she wants (food, scratching etc).
Pet Quirks: She has a tendency to steal shiny objects, and will watch Kazfon work with interest. If he creates something she likes, she may steal it and attach it to her "jewelry;" he sometimes creates things and leaves them out for her to "steal." He has, in this way, left her several beautiful bead necklaces and feathered adornments to match her coloration. Once he tried to create a large dreamcatcher like one he'd seen a Tauren trader with, and Bloodfang stole it and got the entire thing wrapped around the front half of her body, binding her nearly motionless, until a choking-with-laughter Kazfon found her and managed to cut it off (this can all be very recent, or old history, depending on how long you RP them as having been together).

** I could be wrong about Kaz meaning Death; the alternative meaning is Totem. If it's the latter, it could be said that he was exiled because the son of the Elder, whom he killed, was slated to be the tribe's next shaman, and Kazfon is now considered cursed. In either case, he wears the nickname Kaz with a sort of defiant pride.

For Saturo (this fellow's special to me--please, treat him well :) )

Name: Thomas Blackwood
Nickname: Bullet
Race: Human
Appearance: Wiry and rough around the edges, Thomas Blackwood has the appearance of a man who has lived life at the edge of civilization. His hair is graying, or perhaps silvering is a better word for it, and his skin is weathered, but he is physically very fit. He comes across as a lumberjack or a forester. He always has a twinkle in his eye, a bit of youthful mischief despite his age.
Personality: "Bullet" is quiet, intelligent, open-minded and generally a kind-hearted man all in all, but he is also able to handle himself when the going gets tough. He is practical and resourceful, able to quickly think his way out of most issues; he's not prone to outbursts and does not have a rash temper. He pretty much always has a calm, positive outlook on things, and a ready, gentle sense of humor. His exterior seems quiet and slow, but his mind is quick.
Starting Story: A forester / lumberjack in Elwynn, working out of the Eastvale camp, Bullet's being offered a decent raise by the logging company to "prospect" forests elsewhere. They want him to travel and see if there's business opportunities to be had--the locales are up to you, but anywhere with trees is a potential target. Whether he's excited to be leaving or sad to leave his long-time home--or both--is your call.
Background: Bullet's spent the great majority of his life in and around the Elwynn and Westfall regions, as a hunter, forester and lumberjack depending on the period of his life. He was a remarkable shot both hunting and in the militia, which earned him his nickname ("Bullet"). He somewhat distrusts Worgen, having seen the nasty side of them in the past. He knows how the forests work, what the creatures are and how they act (and why), and knows all about the types of trees, the quality of their wood, their life cycles, and how various levels of light, soil quality and humidity affect them. He loves spending time wandering the forests, but he also likes solitary reading, or exercising his muscles, or spending a few quiet hours at the tavern exchanging tales with others.
Quirks: He loves being physically fit, and keeping his body in good shape; if he is wounded he tends to try to push past his limits. Despite his kindness to most other people, he often keeps himself somewhat aloof--but it isn't a cold aloofness, more like a detached benevolence, and so it's never seen in a negative light by others. He appreciates art (as in, landscape paintings, etc).

Pet Name: Wizard (any other magic-related name is fine if Wizard is "reserved")
Pet History: "Adopted" as a young wolf by Thomas. He suspects that the animal was habituated to humans or even raised by them, as it followed him more closely every time he patrolled through a certain stretch of the woods (for several weeks), unafraid and completely without hesitation or threat, as if simply expecting to be accepted. It was travelling alone, and was less than a year old. He brought it into town and the animal never seemed to react negatively to human society at all (although how the people react to the wolf is up to you).
Pet Personality: Friendly and outgoing, playful, and mischevious at times, but all in harmless fun.
Pet Quirks: Loves to play fetch, and will often bring odd objects that he finds to Thomas and nudge him (or drop them at/on his feet) in an attempt to get his master to throw the thing.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I actually rather like that concept! Finally an opportunity to try a male human with grey hair. xD
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Kurenio
Hmm... well I actually don't like my shaman to much anymore I might delete her once I get her profs on another toon. For another hunter that is. So I'd like to request one. Also I don't think I could come up with another frame for another hunter of mine.

Open races
Preferred
Orc
Dwarf

Will still do
Goblin
Tauren
Undead

Name: Japanesesk to fit with my other toons as well as the pet.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Next part to mine!
Doing a mental check list I looked through my bag once more. Scrolls, ink and quills just in case, several loaves of bread, the report from the human, arrows, water pouches, and a small knife. The knife was once my brothers, and I'd never imagine leaving my library without it. I can still picture his face...
I began walking out the house but stopped at the doorway... my first time leaving in quite some time. I'd often walk around Darnassus to enjoy the beauty of the city. It was quiet and peaceful. But my last time leaving Darnassus? Not since i was a child. Taiga pushed his mighty head against my rear, he brought to my attention i was bleeding. I had been clenching the dagger's blade. I dropped the knife and looked at my wound. It was a minor cut, it would stop bleeding soon. I picked up the knife again this time careful to put it in my bag.
The first step out felt like a life time. The crunch of the earth was a beautiful sound. Taiga was excited, but he knew not to rush, he could feel the tension i was feeling. With a weak roar he tried to comfort me, but we both knew it would take a moment. I took another step and was once more greeted by that beautiful sound, then another followed, and another until I was finnaly at a walking pace. Taiga was right behind me, being my security blanket, ready to jump in when I needed him. We had passed several worgen on the way there, they looked so alien and so beast like, how they retained any portion of sanity was beyond me.
When we reached the dock, it had only been nearly an hour, the boat was in port bearing several passengers and few crew members. When i stepped on the boat I was greated by a rather rough looking Dwarf, he had many scars on his face showing the amount of respect he demanded from his own kin. His short blunt body, covered with almost as much hair as he had scars. He looked at me and with an alchohol stained breath bellowed
"Good evenin' lass, yeh be headin ter Darkshore?" Holding back my gagging, I answered,
"Yes, I'll assume this is the correct vessel?" With that he broke into a hoarse laughter,
"I like yeh lass! Yeh be on the right boat, and yah don't need tah be talkin' all fancy and such," he finished his sentence with a large swig of ale, belched loudly then resumed his work.
Disgusted by the visit with the dwarf, i refrained from talking to other crew members, I would just sit the ride out until i got where i was going. I took a seat on one of the tables, crudely nailed to the floor. Taiga put his head in my lap, almost nuzzling my thigh. A loud bell rang and i felt the boat begin to move, Taiga quickly dug his massive claws into the floor, the weak planks that he probably punctured. I laughed then quickly caught my breath. I felt the boat rock back and forth, Taiga had firmly stuck himself to the floor, his stubborness refused to budge even an inch.
A few minutes into our trip a young human sat down at my table and nervously eyed Taiga. I studied his face for a while before he finnaly said something,
"Don't mind me asking but what business do you have in Darkshore?" I could sense his nervousness, it beconing from him. I laughed to myself, before i responded
"I am seeking a treasure of sorts. " At the sound of my voice he tensed up. He stuttered,
"W-what kind of treasure?" He might have been seasick, he might just have been a nervous person.
"Knowledge. And to the nosey human may i ask what is your name?" He cocked his head back, and thought for a moment. Before he could speak the boat was starting to slow down. it shook him enough to knock him back. When the boat came to a stop, he started to talk again but i hurried off the boat.
When i stepped out of the cabin i noticed the boat had not landed in Auberdine it was another town entirely. I heard the captain of the boat yell,
"Arrived at Lor'Danel, now headed back to Darnassus" Lor'Danel? My only guess was that the cataclysm had destroyed the previous port. Maybe i could go there and snoop around for text! Most would probably be recent but it will be history at some point.
I had walked to the end of the dock and I see a ranger barking orders at her troops, she turns to face me,
"HEY! YOU WE NEED ALL ABLE BODIED PEOPLE TO HELP!" Ugh.. i hate people.

signature thanks to Kurieno
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I was reading my hunter's description in my break room and work and getting all giddy. XD I've never really made a male troll before (mostly because they look like they're folding in half), but I LOVE the description you gave for him. :3

I'll probably end up detailing his narrative in its own thread. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

This sounds really fun Acherontia! I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to start, but I'm the type who loves to have random alts and dabble in roleplaying (usually just in my head, haha).

Vephriel: No restrictions here, I'd like to see what I get and try it out. :)

Thanks!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I shall get started on these at once :) I need to write up another "batch," I think :D

For future reference by the way, mainly regarding Kurenio's request--When I ask "name," it's YOUR name, not the character one :P I can't think of any situation where a "Japenesesk" name will fit in WoW, but I'll see what I can do, lol.

P.S. Cerele, loving it so far :)
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Okay, here goes; remember, if either of you are unhappy with the rolls (ex. if you already have a hunter of these races) let me know and I'll swap your roll with another! @ Kurenio--"No'ku" is apparently one of the randomly-generated Orcish words, so I rolled with that, as it seems to fit your request :P

For Kurenio:

Name: No'ku Tuskbreaker
Nickname: (none)
Race: Orc
Appearance: Tough, with vibrantly-colored hair and bright eyes.
Personality: She's not stupid, but she's not prone to long bouts of thinking, either--she's very much "all action." That said, her instincts are good, and she will follow them without hesitation--she also has fairly strong morals which she tries to stick to.
Starting Story: No'ku is simply an orc leaving home to find her way in the world. Unlike most young orcs, she's already earned a last name, although this can be changed if she performs some greater deed later on. There is one added element in her starting tale: she's been asked, in secret, by a warlock at the Den (disguised as a shaman) to look for elemental disturbances near the Southfury Watershed. What this leads to, and whether the warlock has malicious motives or good intentions, are up to you.
Background: No'ku was always known as tough, holding her own in brawls against even the local young warriors-in-training. She killed--with her bare hands--a rampaging boar which attacked her hunting camp one night, saving the life of an already-injured scout who was lying quietly on a mat near the fire. She was given her second name--Tuskbreaker--to celebrate her actions.
Quirks: Despite being an orc of action, she often daydreams or is lost in thought, although it isn't "deep" thought. She isn't thinking things through, merely falling into a fantasy world, although what that world is only she knows. She also has a love for swords and spears, and for metalwork in general when it's channeled into the creation of weaponry. After discovering a painting in a ransacked human camp, she has also developed a fascination for art, and has created (as an apprentice of the camp's weaver) several beautiful beaded baskets and mats designed with beasts and various objects of importance to the orcs. Her style incorporates the straightforward realism of human work (rather than merely using symbolic representation) with the intricate beadwork and important imagery of the orc people, bringing things like worgs and celestial objects together.

Pet Name: Dirtsnout
Pet History: Dirtsnout is just a local half-domesticated boar, bought by No'ku from a pig farm near her home to aid her in the wild. Well, that and she felt bad for him; he was a runt, and apart from the rest, and was often trying to escape from the pen. Imagining that he knew and feared his fate, No'ku saved her wages for a week and bought the animal, who has been a solid companion ever since. Whether No'ku intends to keep him forever or release him, eventually, into the wild is up to you.
Pet Personality: He's generally cute, playful and energetic, and often very noisy. Still young, the pig has a tendency to leap about and toss his tusks at the air.
Pet Quirks: None, really--his personality is already fairly quirky as it is!

For Vephriel:

Name: Flora Wrenchbolt
Nickname: "Fizzy"
Race: Goblin
Appearance: Perky and a go-getter, with brown hair that always looks somewhat rumpled. She often seems to be giving off smoke or is smeared with soot. Her ears and nose are large, even for a goblin, and thus some folks consider her ugly--while some male goblins consider her quite attractive.
Personality: Perky, intelligent, and very openly emotional--not sobbing-emotional, but rather she holds nothing back. She's flamboyant without being melodramatic, simply fiery and open/honest about her feelings. Those feelings, though, aren't usually anything too deep--she isn't shallow, but generally she's very caught up in whatever it is she's doing at the time. She tends to flick from topic to topic--or chore to chore--very quickly, and could be described as "hyper." The only time she calms down and really concentrates is when she has a true puzzle that needs solving--but the moment she's got it figured, she's off to the next thing in a heartbeat. Her accent is thick, and slang and swearwords don't put her off at all, although she doesn't use them often or in a coarse fashion (she just doesn't look down upon them as a means of expression). She feels that mechanics are the basis to any good society, and has been known to yell phrases like "Keeping the gears under all this crap lubricated is what keeps our kind going!" and "An oiled gear is the foundation of any good society." That said, she's not a socialist but rather very much a capitalist, and likes to cut holes in pipes or walls to listen in on big business deals, getting a vicarious thrill from it. She likes being out of sight, behind the scenes, and is well satisifed in a job well done--unlike many of her kind, she won't shirk duty or cut corners (unless it's safe to do so, of course).
Starting Story: She's a mechanic, and getting "this shiz" working again so her people can survive is her main priority. She's working hard as a mechanic at the start (you may wish to disregard the whole "next trade prince" stuff, or incorporate it somehow, as perhaps she's just THAT GOOD :P ), knee-deep in oil and grime, making sure the "true underbelly" of goblin society (she calls it that) stays functional. She's taken along to make sure the "escape ship" is kept in tip-top shape, crying "I CAN'T FIX HOLES THIS BIG" when they reach the Lost Isles.

Past that, her tale is simply to help her folks with the engineering aspect of getting the hell off the island, and to find a new life afterward. How she actually FEELS about all of this is your call, as are her goals past Lost Isles. She's going to be sent off to help hunt food on the Lost Isles (hence her class)--how she feels about that is also your call, as is whether she chooses to follow that path more thoroughly or simply uses it as a means to an end.
Background: "I'm a mechanic, daughter of a mechanic who was a son of a mechanic who was born from--guess what? Mechanics." She's the first female in the line, and rather than being dismayed or disappointed in having a female child, her father was enormously proud of his daughter and her small, nimble mechanic's hands. She had a solid belief in the strength of a capitalist system--and in the fairness of a dog-eat-dog society. How this is affected by the events of the starting zone is up to you.
Quirks: As a mechanic, she's fascinated with (and somewhat disgusted by, sometimes) old tech, including things like water wheels and horse-drawn carts--and distrusts strange tech with no logical source, like anything of Naaru design she may run into. She's also a voyeur of a kind, loving to creep in and spy on private conversations, mainly those of a business nature. She has been known to sell information from time to time.

Pet Name: Wrench
Pet History: Like many goblins, Fizzy has a need for good tools--and Wrench is a good tool. His pinchers can easily hold and twist things that take all of her physical might to move; when they head off the island, she refuses to leave without him. "He's a good investment--and a solid friend."
Pet Personality: He seems dull on the outside, often motionless and silent, and other times appears to be deeply lost in thought (although he might just be blank).
Pet Quirks: He's been known to play with bubbles, and to get far too excited (splashing and flipping about and requiring a stern dragging-from-the-water by his mistress) in water.
Last edited by Acherontia on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Oh wow... this is completely different from any of my other toons I love it and will enjoy writing her story as it comes along. Some pieces are already falling into my head yay! Time to plan out some steps that might fall out as a good story.

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

Part 3 if anyone still cares!
Her blunt voice, seemed used to yelling. Almost as hoarse as the dwarf's but not nearly as sickening. She smelled of death and rot, I looked at her for a bit before i noticed her left hand's index finger was missing, and a small amount of bone poked out. Immediately i ran over to her and inspected her hand. Her body was not warm at all, it was ice cold. She quickly retracted her hand and looked down at me.
"You shouldn't just grab other people's hand. Its weird." I was so confused, the woman didn't have color in her face either, was she dead? Bound to life by some forbidden magic? I asked her trying to hide the panic in my voice,
"Are you infected with some disease? You're rotting out of your own flesh!" The woman looked at me and bluntly laughed. Her mouth spat out a sickening green liquid bile.
"I don't think you've met a Death knight before, have you?" Death knight? I've heard rumors of their exsistance, but never seen one before. Getting a better look at her face, i saw patches where flesh was completely wore away showing muscle. I was trying hard not to vomit.
"No i haven't." I choked when my mouth opened, the air itself tasted of the fowl rot.
"Well, polite greetings aside, I need you to help on the front lines. Are you able to wield a sword or bow? Can you use magic?"
"I can use a..." before i could finish she tossed a set of finely made leather armor. The armor was neat, clean and had been made for the Night elves who were guards.
"I don't need you running around in that cloth trash this is more protective, here take these too." Clearly uninterested in what i was going to say she tossed me a bow then a sword that landed at my feet. "You can dawn your uniform in that house, come back here when you are finished."
Last edited by Cerele on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

With that, she ran over to two guards that were talking, started yelling at them and they scattered off. I retrieved the sword and bow and headed off tword the cabin. When i made it to the door I found Taiga, who had been hidding from the Death knight clearly did not like her either. I went inside and found several quickly made beds. After making sure no one was in the room i undressed and dawned my uniform. It was a tight fit, even for my slinder body. I noticed it had a sheath, far too large for the sword i was given. It would fit but i wouldn't be able to move much without it shaking.
I inspected the sword before i put it away, the craftsmen ship on it was amazing. The blade was perfect, several gems inside the hilt. I could feel a magic when i swung the sword, it made my strike faster. I practiced swinging for a bit. Old memorries came back, my brother teaching me how to hold it, to swing it, and to kill with it. The old practice dummy had been cut many times before my weak blow had hit it. He smiled and told me,
"Good try, just remember angle your arm to be more comfortable with your body, don't think of the sword as a sword think about it as an extension of your arm." Taiga had been a cub at this point, he was chasing a harpy feather on the ground, stalking and pouncing. I looked back at my brother when suddenly I smelled death again. His face melted in front of me and i started crying, when i went forward to hug him i felt a firm slap on my face.
"WAKE UP DAMNIT!" At that moment Taiga had pounced the Death knight, I had been in a flash back, apparently for some time. I rubbed my cheek where it had been hit. I heard the Death knight fighting Taiga off.
"Get this damned cat off me!" She said holding his mouth away from her neck.
"Taiga! Down!" With that he hopped off her, walked behind me and bared his teeth, clearly he did not like the woman.
"Damn animal, he will make a fine cloak," the Death knight cursed as she stood up. "As for you lazy ass, stop dreaming and get to the front line! We need to push the Trolls off, talk to my Sentinel at the bridge, she'll give you a ride to the Ruins. Once there my Lieutenant Morra, will tell you what to do." With that, she slapped me on my rear and made a horse noise, part of me wanted to kill her, the other part agreed too.
As i walked to the Sentinel i started thinking, Ruins? What kind of ruins? Maybe i can save an artifact or two. Ohh those Trolls must be after it! Hmm is it stealing if im taking it from the robbers? Probably, but it will be for my collection, and thats what matters.
I found the bridge the Death knight had mentioned, and saw the Sentinel, she gave me a glance then nodded. She moved forward on her saddle to give me space. I hopped on and Taiga was right behind us. We took off rather quickly, giving me little time to grab hold of her. I blushed as i might have accidentally been holding her tightly, I had never been on a night saber before, let alone this fast. We ran for almost ten minutes till we reached our desination, Taiga had kept up breathlessly, he was happy for the exersice. I looked around at the crumbling buildings as i was stepping off the animal. They were clearly Naga in structure and made me feel odd. I felt like i was home... but everything was so alien... yet comfortable. I saw a small camp in a ditch with serval Night elves, I assumed this was where Lieutenant Morra was. I noticed a few wounded warriors on small cots made of linen cloth. I took a deep breath as i approached the people tending wounds... I was shocked by some of the lacerations, they seemed to be made by a large sword, too large to be Naga, and would be an odd fit for a Troll, they aren't alone...

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Liking her story so far!! Looking forward to the next bit :)

Out of interest (it doesn't matter, I'm just curious), are you actually playing through this as you go, levelling her, or just writing it out of your head?
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

Acherontia wrote:Liking her story so far!! Looking forward to the next bit :)

Out of interest (it doesn't matter, I'm just curious), are you actually playing through this as you go, levelling her, or just writing it out of your head?

its a bit of both, im taking names, quests, and places. Im skipping over boring parts. "example saving people doesn't seem to suit her, i noted one of her quest givers had the blue eyes a dk had so i played off that. then went ahead, so really im using what shes doing, she 22 atm but my story shes about 13-15 when i got to that spot.

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Sorry It'll be a little while before I'm able to post about No'ku story. Got a Few things going on. Those being a pokemon blaze black play through that I'm trying to get at least 5 episodes a day out for that. Getting my rank back in a TPS since it just went open beta, and ranks were reset. Attempting to get the next episode of Kurenio's SSP Minecraft world out, and Finally finish leveling up kurenia to 85. That is a must before I start leveling No'ku and begin being able to develop her story.

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Reaaally bad luck with names, is all I'm saying. :/ Either way, say hello to Bulletwood and Magic. :D
So far they've had a hike through Elwynn and Westfall, and they're both developing as characters. :D Didn't think I'd end up liking him this much, actually. xD
Attachments
bulletwood.png
bulletwood.png (663.19 KiB) Viewed 2572 times
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Could I possibly get a different name for my orc? if its not to much to ask Noku is taken on my realm.

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

Kurenio wrote:Could I possibly get a different name for my orc? if its not to much to ask Noku is taken on my realm.

ohh make it on nesingwary, (sp) im all alone, and i wouldnt mind spawn camping you ... lol

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

As i recall the Trolls had been here for some time, seemingly harmless they spent most of their hours in "rituals" that were mostly nonsensical. They were at peace with us, not harming nature and even traded with us on rare occations. They needed food and cloth, they dare not venture into the woods because of the wildkin and other natural threats. The spirits of the animals in the woods were very unforgiving and would quickly decide your fate. The shamans of the trolls, were able to communicate with the spirits, and respected their space. Why would they now decide to attack?
As i approached the small group, i noticed few were wounded Night Elves, while most were slain toll scouts. One looked at me and spat, he clentched a talismen tightly and whispered some curse into it. I looked back at the Night Elves, and was warming greeted by a Sentinel, she seemed almost too kind to be out at war, "All able bodies," rang in my head, i felt a pang of sadness for her.
"Hello recruit, I'll asume you were sent to help us?" Her voice was warm and kind, with the softness a mother cat would give to her new born kitten. I nodded, then she continued, "You'll have to forgive Lendra she can be quiet blunt."
"It's alright, what do you need me to do?"
"We need you to help clear some of the Trolls from the ruins, they are stealing artifacts. Also we would like for you to grab some of the artifacts too. The more we have the less they can take!" She finished with a slight crack. She cleared her throat and looked back at me.
"Surely we can talk them out of it? These Trolls were once our "allies"."
Her voice hardened , "these "allies" of ours killed almost 15 of my Sentinels and have joined the Horde, the sickening bastards should be slaughtered. Show them no mercey as they will not give you any."
I nodded and started sneaking off into the ruins, I realized some ancient knowledge might be hidden here, maybe some chest with a book on the history of the Naga... There is was that word again... Naga...
I heard a pick over the next small hill. Loud and blunt, with some sort of humming in tune with it. The beat sounded tribal, I had heard it before, oddly it made me want to dance. Resisting my urges I carefully poked my head out from behind a fallen piller. It was a small pit in front of me with several pillers almost identical to the one i was behind in it. Four Trolls were happily mining inside of it. All humming the same song digging in rythm.
I had some basic knowledge of the Troll toung, enough to ask them what was going on but before I could move closer an Orc riding a wolf walked into the center of the pit. I ducked my head back farther. He started speaking to them, i could only pick up a few words.
"...alliance .... hard... reinforcements..." While i had been listening a Troll had walked up behind me. He was about to alert the orc when Taiga pounced him. A small cry escaped the Troll before Taiga's jaws could clamp on his throat.
The Orc looked in my direction, and started walking toward us. I quickly pulled out my sword, ready to strike. I crouched ready to spring and waited... All sound stopped, I no longer heard birds, or the rythmical humming. Just the breathing of the orc, and his wolf. Their foot steps rang in my head. I saw the wolf's muzzle come out from behind the piller... It was sniffing, it knew i was here.
Faster than i ever could have imagined I had my sword inside the Orc's chest. I must have just missed his heart because when I landed he had torn the sword from his flesh. He bellowed and pulled out his large sword. It was jagged, either worn with time or it was ment for lacerating it's victums. The blade was ment to rend and tear muscle. I needed to end this quickly, he would alert others to my position.
Taiga had then decided to attack, his massive weight pounced the Orc knocking him clear off his wolf. The wolf, not used to combat, poorly charged me. I kicked it in the face then had enough time to pull out the newer bow i had been given. I despirately reached for an arrow. I just managed to get one from my quiver when the wolf was back on me again. He had latched on to my foot and started shaking violently. I pulled back my bow string and fired. The arrow had completely missed. I started a furry of kicking at the wolf's face. He cried, suddenly i had an idea. "Down!" I yelled in orcish toung, the wolf immediately stopped.
I took a momment before i relized Taiga was still fighting the orc! I sat up and started crawling toward the last spot i saw him. The orc was gone, and so was Taiga. I started panicing, I didn't hear anything. I started calling out,
"Taiga! Taiga!" It was no use he was no where to be seen. What the hell was i thinking I'm not ready for this! I crawled back over the wolf, and very painfully I mounted it. From my new vantage point i saw the Trolls had alerted their overseers. I was not ready for this alone. I commanded the wolf to go back to Lor'Danel... But my heart cried where was Taiga? Where was my friend?