Random Hunter Roleplay Challenge!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Random Hunter Roleplay Challenge!

Unread post by Acherontia »

Still enjoying the read :)

Glad you like your hunter Saturo :D He looks great!

Kurenio, if you can think of something that isn't taken & sounds vaguely orcish, go for it; without testing on your realm, I can't know what is or isn't. It'd be easy enough, but you wanted something Oriental which is hard to match with orcs :P

Maybe try:

Taga
Noka
Noga
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Trying those names, but does Ei'Kou sound orcish? its pronounced A Co, and it means glory.

EDIT: also does this fit the vibrant hair and bright eyes idea you were looking for?
http://i.imgur.com/1BDg8.jpg

EDIT2: I have a few idea already for parts of her story.
Last edited by Kurenio on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

AirPeach
Realm: WrA

Unread post by AirPeach »

Hello! Would love to take this challenge for an undead, because they need more love. =)

Your Petopia Name: AirPeach
What you DO or DON'T want to be assigned: I want an Undead Hunter, either gender.
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Sent on an important mission to deal with the encroaching trolls, Gerta is ambushed. While not necessarily peaceful, she had not had a violent encounter with a troll before. He was acting extremely erratic and speaking in a language she couldn't understand. Being nearly three times her size when standing upright, Gerta was no match for this troll. Luckily, ever faithful Grizzy was at her side and they were able to immobilize this strange and seemingly insane troll. Gerta attempted to question him, or to try and make sense of what he was saying, but before she knew it he had a dagger and placed it to his own throat. He took his own life before she could stop him. As his lifeless body lay in the snow, a strange object fell from one of his pockets.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m63 ... 222654.jpg

She picked it up, turning it over in her hands. It was a pure white medallion, nearly the same color as the snow. It was smooth and cool to the touch, with a small hole pierced through the top with a light piece of sinew threaded through it. She looked closely at the medallion and realized there was a large spider carved into the front of it. The spider had eight, tiny sparkling eyes made of precious stone. She found herself looking deeply into the shining eyes, a powerful force drawing her in. A not so gentle nudge from Grizzy brought her back to the present. This medallion is powerful and dangerous... and she was going to find out why.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Sorry for the delay guys--the replies may come slowly for a few days. Playing Champions Online obsessively... the character creation is just awesome :P Loving the story, Miraga, and Kurenio, I assume that name (and her appearance!) are just fine :D

For AirPeach:

Name: Elizabeth Perkins (last name changed to Wraithfoot, although you can choose which she uses once she remembers 'Perkins')
Nickname: Eliza, Liza, Wraithfoot
Race: Forsaken
Appearance: Gaunt, with sickly, glowing yellow eyes and cool-colored (blue, green or perhaps purple) skin. Just how diseased/decayed she is is up to you.
Personality: Elizabeth was always--and still is--a strong-willed woman, with a fiery spirit and an iron will. Her transformation into being one of the Forsaken (while the actual story is up to you) made her bitter at the unfairness of the world, and angry at her helplessness. At the same time, she is determined to carve herself a new position in her changed world. She comes across grim, and yet when the spirit takes her, she can have fun with whatever she's doing... even if it's slaughtering her enemies.
Starting Story: Recently raised into undeath, it took (or takes) Elizabeth a week or two to remember her own past and last name. Like many Forsaken, she meanwhile picks a surname that seems fitting: Wraithfoot, after her uncanny ability to track any trail to perfection in utter silence. She spends a great deal of time methodically re-learning her broken body and how the stench of undeath affects wild beasts, realizing that wind direction and being able to shoot from range are more important than ever (although wild things won't bolt from just the smell of death, as dead creatures aren't uncommon in the woods--it's only closer that the unnatural undead smell becomes apparent). The Forsaken wish to use her as a scout, although there seems to be some leeway anyway (due in some part perhaps to Sylvanas's Ranger status) to those simply wishing to roam and hunt.

How she feels about her amnesia (and how her personality changes or develops during it) and how she reacts to her situation, her changes and the Forsakens' wishes for her, are up to you. How she reacts when she remembers her past life--and the abhorrence her old race held for her current one--is also up to you. One of her goals, however, is to learn to fight--and to be damn good at it--to avoid ever falling in battle again. Whether she's angry at this past weakness of hers, or simply trying to exert some control on her out-of-control life, is your call.
Background: A hunter and forest ranger of a sort in life, Elizabeth was a happy and blazing spirit in a quiet town (where she comes from, and thus how she died, is up to you). She may try to visit the place again, or to find her companion--a young male silver wolf who was killed alongside her (and can also have been raised, or be raised for her as a side-plot, either silver, blackened or diseased, if you wish).
Quirks: She has an odd obsession with the concepts of luck and fate, and often carries a coin that she idly flips. If and when she meets any Orcs, despite her previous race (human, of course)'s hatred for them, she may find their own blazing, determined and honorable people to be kindred spirits (whether she's surprised or impressed is your call).

Pet Name: Widow
Pet Gender: Female
Pet History: Given to her as ranger support--moral as well as physical--this creature was trained by the Forsaken. They seem to take young spiderlings from the nearby spider cave, train them and hand them out, and so Widow comes from Tirisfal Glades itself.
Pet Personality: Deliberate and decisive, and quite deadly. She's docile enough with her master, but lethal to enemies. She seems far more intelligent than the word "spider" would seem to imply.
Pet Quirks: She seems quite protective of Elizabeth, and takes to her readily. She seems to find some pleasure in spinning string in strange places--be it hanging from a branch, or covering some of a roof in web.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Finally got around to starting this.

Being woken up by an orc grunt. She was told that Warchief Garrosh Hellscream has order her to go help out with troubles in the Valley of trials. This would be her trial to enlist in the horde. Picking up her axe she woke up her pet boar dirtsnout and set off for the Valley of trials. When she arrived she was addressed by an orc named Gornek. Gornek says "Ei'Kou Tuskbreaker. An orc who has already earned a name promising". He proceeded to look up from the document. One look at Ei'Kou and Gornek laughed saying "This is all Hellscream wanted to send us. Fine lets see if you actually live up to your name young orc hunter. Boars to the north have been attacking this camp as of late. Slaughter them all!." She quickly set off to kill these boars not saying a word to Gornek, but wanting to snap his neck.

After 30 minutes she could no longer find anymore boars to slaughter. She headed back towards the camp. When she returned she informed Gornek that the boars would no longer be bothering them. He smirked saying "Don't get to confident there are a lot worse in this valley then those boars. You are dismissed for now". Ei'Kou left and wondered about the camp. She quickly noticed training dummies and started to practice her aim with a bow. After a few hours on the training dummy she decided it was time for a break. As she sat down to rest she was approached by Gornek again. He said "Keep this quite. You seem to be a true hunter, and that is something I need. It seems that our peace treaty with those humans of Theramore has been broken. There are humans in the valley. Find them and kill them before they know we have found out." These humans were quite exceptional at hiding themselves away. Ei'Kou could not seem to find them anywhere. Dirtsnout sense something hidden in the shadow and charged in that directions. Ei'Kou quickly drew her bow waiting for something to come out of the darkness. A hidden group of human scout came out and attacked Dirtsnout not seeing Ei'Kou standing there bow ready. She quickly began firing arrows to protect dirtsnout. She was able to take out 2 of the group with arrows, but ran out without notice. She had forgotten to refill her quiver. Without hesitation she charged in with her axe and began swinging wildly. After the fighting ceased an unknown orc approached her. He introduced himself as Karranisha the trainer to all new hunter in the Valley of Trials. He said to her "Your shots were complete wild and missing their targets most of the time. It should have taken you exactly 6 arrows to take all 6 of them out. You risked your boars life because you could not steady your aim while you were panicked. You have to stay calm in all situation or you will not come back from that battle." She returned to Gornek,and said "The human scum has been dealt with." She then ask for permission to seek out Karranisha, and was allowed to. While speaking to Karranisha she found out that in order to keep a steady aim in combat that she would need have 4 arrows hit the exact same point of a target dummy, and that the rest would come with experience after that. She preceeded to take aim at the target, and 6 hours of firing she was finally able to get her arrows to hit one precise point 4 times in a row. It was dark now so she head off to bed.

Well that's it for now. Sorry I'm so bad at this :O

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

* Your Petopia Name: Aeladrine
* What you DO or DON'T want to be assigned: No menfolk, please! I feel weird playing a gender that's not my own. :1 Also, no orcs please. Them females give me the willies. And can I ask for a name that sounds... flowy? I don't know how to explain it. I have Aeladrine, Donafillae, and Aiada, if that helps. Those are all names of different characters (WoW ones, at least) of mine. Just toss some vowels and consonants together and we should be good! I'd prefer Horde-side, if possible. Not totally necessary, though.

I'll probably make this chica on Nesingwary and stick her in the guild for kicks. But that doesn't mean she'll be in character in game. That probably makes no sense. Let me put it this way: I will write her a story. They will be loosely based on things that may or may not happen in game. But when I play her I will still be me.

That probably defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Edit: Forgot to say that I prefer names for pets, as well. It can be made up or real (though if you're leaning towards real, I do love me some welsh names.(; ). Sorry for all the silly restrictions!
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Is this still a thing? >:
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Grimfang
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Grimfang »

I may be Necroing a thread here, considering Acherontia hasn't posted here since July, if so my bad.

But this looks like so much fun to do so I'm hoping you come back :D

* Your Petopia Name: Grimfang
* What you DO or DON'T want to be assigned: I love trolls. One of those please! oh and please no happy-go-lucky kind of characters, they bore me to death