Suggestions for an RP server?

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Suggestions for an RP server?

Unread post by Teigan »

So, me and my girlfriend want to find an RP server. We tried an RPPVP server, and, its fun there...but...its more PVP than RP....and especially at higher levels this is getting annoying. So, can someone suggest some nice RP PVE servers for us to look into? Also, we will mostly be playing Alliance on whatever server we end up with.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Suggestions for an RP server?

Unread post by Ijomi »

Mm, if you were talking Goblins, I was definitely going to say Moon Guard....we have many, many active Goblin roleplayers/guilds, including myself. But Alliance RP has gone downhill here, to many players....enough my fiance and I faction-swapped our Allies. But you can never have too many Gobs. :lol:

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

As per usual, I will suggest Wyrmrest Accord. It's a fairly high population server with mediocre raiding guilds but tons of RP. I haven't roleplayed too extensively Alliance side, but I see plenty of it. Horde side, I know, has tons of quality RP. (Of course, there are also the idiots, the griefers, and the other unfavorables, but I don't know of a single RP server without them. >.<)

Anyway, that's the server I suggest. I know Moon Guard also has lots and lots of Alliance RP, and a lot of quality RP as well, so you could look into that was well. I've heard a lot of bad about the server, but those who hail from it seem to say it's not as bad as people say.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ocyen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Ocyen »

Earthen Ring has a HUGE RP community Alliance side (Horde is more PvP orientated).

http://earthen.ning.com/ and http://earthenring.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

It's not as crazy busy as Moonguard nor is it slower like Wyrmrest Accord. It's a happy medium I find that suits all play styles. :)
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Ok, I made a little dwarf on Wyrmrest Accord to check it out :) Probably will make on on Earthen Ring too. Any guild recommendations?
Ocyen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Ocyen »

Teigan wrote:Ok, I made a little dwarf on Wyrmrest Accord to check it out :) Probably will make on on Earthen Ring too. Any guild recommendations?
There's a few good ones on ER. Conjurer's Court is one of the big ones on Alli. If you prefer something smaller I co-own a level 8 guild that's RP, PvE and PvP. :) Always usually someone on at any given day and we can be a little too chatty sometimes. :P <Cadre of Assassins> is the name, it's listed in the recruitment feature or you can send me a tell.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

If you want to RP as a dwarf with other dwarves, there's the Brotherhood of Iron. That's a big one. There are lots of military guilds around, such as Stormwind High Command, as well as some more varied ones like Embersea Accord.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, I put my baby dwarf on Wyrmrest into a guild called Incite. They seemed big and friendly and diverse. They aren't heavy RP, which is probably good for starters at least. So far so good. Tho, the Brotherhood of Iron really sounds tempting....I do love my dwarves.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Incite is huge! I see them around all the time.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

They are quite large. Over 900 members! And, on Earthen Ring we're trying to apply to Tamarack Order (they have a shiny name....) but their website seems to have issues.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Ocyen wrote:Earthen Ring has a HUGE RP community Alliance side (Horde is more PvP orientated).

http://earthen.ning.com/ and http://earthenring.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

It's not as crazy busy as Moonguard nor is it slower like Wyrmrest Accord. It's a happy medium I find that suits all play styles. :)
I thought the Horde RP was pretty decent, unless its changed (since I haven't roleplayed on my horde toon in quite some time.) If it helps, join the "/forthealliance" and "/forthehorde" channels to help find it. I don't stay in the alliance one, but I still am in the horde channel. Sometimes people talk, sometimes they don't... (Also, the Tears of Draenor (Horde RP guild) has a Tears Tuesday story night that people often go to to meet RPers and such. I have gone quite a few times myself.) :)

Edit: I still play Alliance more often anyways... not trying to push the Horde, just saying I think both sides of Earthen Ring are great. I personally like Earthen Ring better than Moon Guard, and that was my first server, but I ended up on Earthen Ring, and I enjoy it more. Its just my personal opinion on the matter. Do yourself a favor though, if you visit ER, don't ask Trade about RP, they will tell you it sucks (Haters gonna hate). Instead go to the RP network site Ocyen recommended, to have an idea of how the RP community is. And the site got a makeover, so its pretty nice now :)

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, it looks like we will be making Earthen Ring our RP Alliance home. Sometime soon, I'll be getting Dayva out of Lightninghoof and bringing her over there. Now I need to work on stories for my toons there. This will be fun :D