When the Hunter Is Away

Serendipity82
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

When the Hunter Is Away

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Swift will play XD The following is a (very short) story about the trouble Myriana's fox causes in Dalaran while she's off adventuring without him. Unfortunately for Swift, he learns the hard way that his actions can have some pretty severe consequences.

It was closing in on midnight in Dalaran. The fiery fox peered around the corner, observing his quarry. Swift had been at odds with Applebough, the fruit vendor of Dalaran, for the past year. All the fox wanted was a simple Snow Plum - his favorite - but the fruit vendor was vigilant. Or rather, he had become more vigilant after Swift had successfully swiped a great deal of his fruit. Of course, the more vigilant the fruit vendor got, the harder the fox tried to steal his goods. It had actually gotten so bad that poor Applebough had had to hire guards to help watch his cart several months ago. Since that moment, the fox had not had one snow plum, the guards being rather well paid and extremely good at what they did. So Swift watched and waited, forming a plan. This meant war.

Being elementally infused, Swift was much cleverer than your average fox. Quietly, when Floyd the rhino wasn't paying attention, the fox gathered an army. He knew what an army was...his travels with his hunter made him understand that. But this army was better. The critters of Dalaran - squirrels mostly, though there was the odd rabbit as well - coveted Applebough's fruit, but were too timid to try and steal it for themselves. But the fox somehow instilled confidence (or just plain bullied them) in his troops, giving them the courage to make a stand against the Fruit Vendor with him.

All was ready. The fox turned to look at his small army, all of them armed with sturdy sticks in their mouths and forepaws. The fox gave a low growl, getting a chitter in response from his troops. They were ready. The Critters of Dalaran held up their sticks in a sort of salute. Swift moved out in the open, where the 2 elves guarding the fruit cart could see him. The taller of the two, a night elf, nudged her companion. "Looks like Swift wants to try again." she chuckled. Her companion, a high elf, laughed. "Him and what army...." The high elf trailed off, a look of shock on his face. Swift's Critter army surrounded him, chittering in anticipation. "Oh you have got to be joking!" Both elves snorted with laughter at the audacity of the fox. Critters? This would be a piece cake. They stopped laughing however as Swift turned and lit the sticks each critter carried on fire. With a bark, Swift gave the command to charge. With an angry squee The Critter Army charged the two elves, who just stood there, dumbfounded.

The critter's flooded over the two hapless guards, who still stood in astonishment at the audacity of the fox. Eventually they recovered, as they realized that they were on fire, as were several bushes near the vendor's cart. The guards threw themselves on the ground and rolled around, effectively smothering the flames on their clothes before they were too badly burned. Nearing the cart, the critter's dropped their sticks and swarmed it, their victorious cries waking the citizens of Dalaran as they ran off with their bounty. Swift himself had managed to get several snow plums for himself and was happily eating them nearby, his flaming tail wagging, when he heard several someones come up behind him.

The guards threw a net over the fox, enchanted against his fiery abilities. Sweeping him up so he hung helplessly in the air, the fox came eye to eye with one of Dalaran's elite guards. "Take him to the stable and lock him up. He is not allowed to leave it until his master can be found." Swift hung his head in an attempt to look sorry. "Save that look for your hunter when they come to claim you." A guard told the fox, knowing full well that Swift was anything but sorry. Given the chance, Swift would totally do it again.

Floyd watched from the distance and snorted as citizens and guards scrambled to put out the flames caused by the fox and his minions. He gave a mournful rumble and shuffled after the group as they carried Swift away. Their hunter was not going to be happy.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: When the Hunter Is Away

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

*snerk* This is still amusing as hell. :lol:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Serendipity82

Glad you like it Tyger!

((Swift is not so glad. He's still annoyed he got caught))
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Of course he is. It wouldn't be Swift if he accepted what he did was wrong. :lol:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

omg i love this story:) hehe me want more...gimmie gimmie gimmie!

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Serendipity82

Sorry for the late response but thank you Star! I'll have the next (and final) part up at some point XD Glad you are enjoying it!