Wyrmrest Accord, Cenarion Circle, Moon Guard

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Wyrmrest Accord, Cenarion Circle, Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:The OP made this thread in 2011 just to put it out there. ;)

...Oh dear. I just wasted quite a bit of time it seems D:

Siggy under construction!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

It got necroed in 2012 and then again today. :P

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bowno wrote:When I first came to Moon Guard, it was about the time when Wrath first came out. Back then, I knew little to nothing about RP or the server. I had heard from a friend that Goldshire was the only place there was RP (of course they were wrong, but I listened.)
Back then, Goldshire was not as it is today. True, there were people trying to score some ERP, but there was never more than 3 people there doing that. Goldshire had actual RP. It was a great place for people who were just starting out to learn and grow. I spent a great deal of time there actually learning to RP. On the rare occasion someone whispered me trying to score some ERP, they quickly met my ignore list and I didn't have any more trouble with them. By the time I learned that there was indeed RP elsewhere, I only had 12 people on my ignore list. I hope that says something about how it used to be.
Sadly, a few 'famous' people on Youtube has ruined those times by putting up Goldshire videos. Because of those videos, more people come to add to the problem. So please, do not even link Goldshire to Moon Guard. Goldshire is a product of Youtube.

I love Moon Guard. When I came here, that was when I actually felt myself 'growing up'. I learned a great deal about not only Role Play, but also about being a 'well behaved' gamer rather than some annoying little kid doing annoying little things. It was where I dropped and tossed away all my problems that I had caused in the past. A place where I could start over. So I have a special place in my heart for Moon Guard.

Now, I'm sure you don't really care about all that stuff. So I'll just give you the info you were looking for. The actual status of the server.

Moon Guard is one of the biggest (if not actually the biggest) RP servers. Because of this, we get a large variety of people. More people means more trolls, idiots, etc.. But if you look at it % wise, it's really about the same.

Alliance RP: While I haven't done much with Ally side recently, I do still some times run around to see what's going on while on my alts. I can safely say that Alliance side tends to stick to the cities more when Role Playing. Stormwind is very popular. People will walk up to you if you do not like walking up to other people. Some times it's a short greeting, other times it turns into a long interaction. The most popular spots are the Cath, Mage Quarter, and the Pig 'N Whistle.

Horde RP: Horde RP has changed quite a bit. It used to be that SMC was one of the most popular places (Though was very much like Goldshire), but with the changes to Org, Valley of Honor was where it migrated to. However, Horde RP has moved once again. While there is still a bit of RP in Org and SMC, even UC actually... Most of the Horde RP has moved out into the 'world'. It is harder to find, but that is for a reason. It keeps the level 58 death knights in skimpy armor out of their RP. So now you'll have to go out hunting for it. I tend to like world RP more anyways. Thunder Bluff used to be huge on RP, but with the death of The Hawktotem Tribe, the largest and very well thought of Tauren RPPVP guild, RP there sloooowly went away.

On both sides, you might find quite of RP in Pandaland as well. You never know. Some guilds take to RPing on the big Panda wall or hidden away at the Panda monk school place. RP is really all over. There is no shortage of it, but some of it is a bit hard to locate depending on what you are looking for. It is easy though to start up some interactions if you don't want to go hunting!

Hopefully that helped a bit. Sorry if I went on and on and on. xP
Here here! :D Even my guild has recently been allied with two very good rp guilds on Alliance side.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine