Wyrmrest Accord, Cenarion Circle, Moon Guard

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Wyrmrest Accord, Cenarion Circle, Moon Guard

Unread post by Rawr »

So I have a question, if you play on any of these severs what faction do you like best and why. I'm very curios what others think of the RP severs they are on. (I'm told these are the only real RP severs US side) I haven't tried any other RP severs but feel free to add them and your opinion. :mrgreen:

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Wyrmrest Accord, Cenarion Circle, Moon Guard

Unread post by Azunara »

*snorts.* Whoever told CC was -real- serious about RP was lying. As far as I know, the RP here boils down to you're in the club or you're not. If you're not, you aren't joining. Or, you might get lucky in the Blue Recluse, but it's no Divine Seal Teahouse. (Another inn, player manned, way back in earlier times. D:)

Anyways, Alliance-side Cenarion: Strictly RP speaking, it's not really too nifty. We have a server-wide channel, HearthstoneIC, that you can sometimes get RP out of. (I got my warlock started a few days ago by complaining about Mylune's forest critter quest ICly.) Beyond that, you have the Blue Recluse for occasional RP. But really you'll want an RP guild. I suppose Pillar of Honor (If that's still around) or Stormwind City Guard would be one's best bets. Amani Shando was fantastic when it was alive. Over all, though, I just like the Alliance races, so I stick to here.

Horde-side Cenarion: I've been told it is a lot better than Ally-side. More server wide RP channels, though the one I was one did not have much, and when I was around it was, again, fairly exclusive, multiple people arguing over events I had not been a part of, and no one explained it too well. There's also, unlike SW, an accumulation of people in one city for RP. Usually SW is your go-to place Ally side, there's none Horde that I know of.

The other servers I've been too nervous to really check it.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

The only thing I can say about Moon Guard is don't go near the Goldshire Inn even if your life depends on it. My curiosity got the best of me one day and I had to see if the rumors were true. I figured it couldn't be as bad as they say. Well......*shudders* It wasn't. It was far, far, far worse. The rumors don't do it justice. Sorry to those of you who play on that realm, but there's no way I could coexist with the Goldshire Inn unless I'm purging it with fire. *shudders*
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

well...that only RP i know of and paly on is BlackWater Raiders....it's not to bad but mostly people just stick to questing from what i see

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

I"ve heard really really good things about WRA. I've got several alts there myself but I don't really play them since my main is on a regular PVE server.

The good thing about Moon Guard is they have this whole care-package system going for new players. I don't know how you go about getting one or what it includes, but I really think it's a nice "welcome to the server" feature they have. As far as I know it's totally organized by one person, but a lot of people how contribute to it.

And that's all I know about RP Servers XD
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I personally love WrA and am a huge advocate for its RP, even if I don't typically participate in it myself. I mean, I've seen my MRP addon pop up with its fair share of people being demons in disguise and such, but overall there's quite a bit of world RP happening all over with hotspots in SW and many of the blood elven locations.

I have characters on both Alliance and Horde side of WrA, and I've noticed myself spending much more time on the Horde side, although I attribute that to my "mains" being Alliance side on Uther now. I find both factions pleasant places to be, however, with plentiful amounts of RP to be had. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I've played on many RP servers during my time and one thing is true about all of the them: the older the server the less random RP.

The "newest" RP servers are Moon Guard (came out during BC) and Wyrmrest Accord (came out shortly after Wrath started). While these might not seem very new, I believe every other RP server was introduced in Vanilla WoW. As an RP server gets older more and more players reach max level, get bored and want to raid. While there can be raiding/RP guilds, usually these guilds are good at one thing and not the other, so player leave their RP guilds to raid. Spending time raiding equals less time RPing, so random RP declines, even disappears on the oldest RP servers.

I don't play on Cenarion Circle but I still have characters on Kirin Tor and Shadow Council, plus played on Earthen Ring during BC. RP is dead on those servers. They feel like normal PvE servers. Any RP left is found in the few RP guilds that survive.

Moon Guard is... interesting to say the least. Random RP is everywhere. You will have no problem finding people chatting away in Stormwind or Silvermoon and joining in. However, the quality is RP is lacking. You will find Mary Sues, ERPers, demons, dragons in disguise, half-breeds that make no sense, living DKs, and other terrible characters. Not saying there aren't any good RPers on Moon Guard. They are there, but might be hard to find. Oh, and the rumors you heard about Goldshire, yus they are true. Avoid Goldshire at all costs (unless you want a good laugh at all the terrible MyRP/flagRSPs descriptions there)!

Wyrmrest Accord is my main server. I find quality of RP is much better than Moon Guard, but you will find much less random RP. I heard alliance side still has a lot, but horde side which I play on I have a hard time finding anything outside of Silvermoon and Thunder Bluff. As a troll I don't feel welcomed in Silvermoon and Thunder Bluff is mostly tauren RPers. I do find stuff in Orgimmar once in a while, but it mostly seems to be "in guild" cliques and being in a raiding guild (and shy =( ) I don't get invited. I have one alt in an RP guild and it's great, but I rarely have time to play that alt.

Still I prefer RP servers just for the player-base. People on RP servers are much nicer.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Don't forget Earthen Ring, I've heard good things about it!

Anyway, my WRA info. Basically what Wassa said. It's a great server for RP, and I see a LOT of it. Alliance side it's all over SW, but there are plenty of world-based RP servers. I once ran into a multi-guild event out in Duskwood, near the Nightmare portal, for example. There are also RP guilds based in smaller towns and some such. Getting a guild is definitely important and will help a lot, but it's not hard to get into one, really. And if you're in a raid guild, contact some RP people and get connections. My friend is the leader of many paladin-based events and she's not even in the main pally guild.
Alliance side you'll mostly find Military RP, Paladin RP, thief RP, a few evil/cult guilds… Some magic-based guilds… Lots of worgen guilds… A few Dwarf-based guilds… Uh, you'll find a lot. xD

Horde wise, RP is fantastic but a bit cliquish. I spent most of my RP time on Horde. The Old Horde races (Tauren, troll, orc) get most of the attention, though. There are lots of all-tauren, all-troll and all-orc tribes, as well as all-Old-Horde ones. Culture is a very big deal Horde side, and people expand upon it greatly. There are a lot of city-based guilds, but if you look around you'll see some interesting world-RP ones. (Sons of Un'goro, for example, is based in Un'goro crater with its own unique culture. Shadowtusk Tribe is based in Stranglethorn.)
There are, of course, "New Horde" guilds. Goblin cartels are popular, as well as Blood Elf "houses" and Undead groups. You may have to look a little harder for those.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

RHMakonea
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (H/A)

Unread post by RHMakonea »

I play Ally on Wyrmrest Accord and it's very nice server, plenty of nice people and we do RP but everyone is extremely relaxed about it. There's a lot of server wide events too, and parties. I have no horde on this server so I don't know how good the horde are on this server (tend to keep my opposite faction characters on different servers). I do enjoy the atmosphere of the server a lot though.

Signature by the Wonderful Britany

My DeviantArt

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

WrA is great, I didn't like Moon Guard much when I tried it but you might fare better than I.
From playing both sides of WrA, this is what I've noticed:
Horde has great RP (excluding -a lot- of bad blood elves) but it is very cliquish. Silvermoon/TB/Org have a lot of random RP, but outside of that its pretty much all guild based.
Alliance has RP EVERYWHERE. While leveling my draenei I literally came across people RPing in every zone, particularily Duskwood. It is slightly lesser quality but it's a lot easier to get into if you don't want to dedicate your toon to an RP guild.
Malanade
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Malanade »

Wyrmrest Accord... I could never find any really serious RPers, and all the RP was 'conflict'/fighting, which is really aggravating because I absolutely hate RP fighting. I only had good RP because I had a 4 year RP buddy that I migrated from Argent Dawn with. He was really the only one I RPed with.

Alliance Side: If I fouldn't find a guild, a lot of people didn't like RPing with me. I had several walk up RPs that lasted all of 5 minutes, all of which ended up with a extreme critic of my character's 'lore-breaking' background stories and the like- even if I had spent hours making sure nothing broke lore.
It is probably because I have a tendancy to play young characters or... exotic races. By exotic, I mean incubus.

Horde Side: I found absolutely NOTHING but pointless guild wars that were basically the leaders waving around their manly bits, bark-worse-than-bite, and showing off. If you RP in Silvermoon, I found really nothing but ERP or extremely bias paladins who acted as 'police', even though lore wise they have little power. I never found RP in Ogrimmar or the Undercity. Thunder Bluff constantly had huge crowds of Tauren from the same guild. But most RPers I found were very.. violent.

It's sad because I know so many people have good experiences with WA. :(

I'm making my hunter on MoonGuard, knowing to stay away from ERP areas.. I'm hoping to get high enough and make a hunter/pet kind of guild.. Hope it's better than my other experiences.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Moon Guard is where I'm leveling (if you can call it that... none are above 45 yet) my alts, and it's a really fun place.
Horde side is certainly more decent, but as long as you stay away from Goldshire, Alliance isn't so bad either. The cities and some areas in cities (specifically, Valley of Honor, Stormwind Cathedral, Murder Row, and Darnassus from what I've seen) are wonderful places to RP if you have trade chat turned off.

Goldshire is both a plague and a blessing. It's a terrible place, but it keeps 98% of the disgusting and terrible people with no skill in social life or roleplay there. (those with no clothes on, people with creepy fetishes, people who ERP as shemales or infestations of Old Gods, tauren-night elf halfbreeds, demigods, "slave" traders, dragon aspects, or murlocs)
Basically, it's like a prison that the prisoners enjoy.

A brief non-RP related note about the server is that the economy thrives, and it's super-ez-mode to make money by selling attractive-looking greens, not to mention mats.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I've found no RP on Cenarion Circle so there's not much I can say about it.

WrA - Rudest server ever and possibly has the worst reputation, even moreso than Moon Guard ever did. I had a Horde DK on there to try it out. All I ever found was trolling, trolling, and more trolling. Any rper I came across were snobby or just were looking to pick a fight with me for no reason. Alliance....I never found rp at all and when I did, the quality wasn't great. Overall, I despise the server. I've got some friends over there but many are contemplating leaving that server. (No offense to those who are on that server but my experience there has not been good and most pugs from there are also very rude and nasty.)

Moon Guard - My main server. I moved here from Sisters of Elune and it's amazing. I've finally found my forever home guild, I've met wonderful rpers. Goldshire isn't the best place to rp but keep in mind...not everyone that goes there is a bad person. I know a few that like to go there for rp that are amazing people and are hardcore raiders too. Horde Side is more raid oriented while Alliance is more casual rp oriented. But there's plenty of rp to be found on both sides and the quality is good enough for me.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

I've never had a good experience on Wyrmrest Accord. I was there when it opened. People were a mix of good hopefuls and bads. The hopefuls mostly bailed over the first few months of it being open, the drama whores always won out ever discussion or event I'd ever been in, eventually to the point where they were taking things to a personal level with me and everyone else. Lying, rumor spreading, the like. I had a few good RPs, but too many bad experiences, so I left.

I came back later on. Maybe the server had matured. I had a friend who RPed on there, so I figured I'd try it out. Hello drama drama drama drama drama personal conflicts left and right and more drama. :/ I'm sorry. I can't stand that server. I'm on Horde side, I've heard it's better on Alliance side, but I just can't freaking STAND that server. I probably won't even give Alliance side a shot because more than a handful of the RP snobs of my RP past and present are over there. Not happening.

Moon Guard... too laggy. Way way way too laggy. Even if I can play there, my bf's laptop couldn't handle it, and I find there's rarely any point in RPing without him being part of the plot in some way. It just doesn't work.

Cenarion Circle... I saw some people try to start drama. The RP community snubbed them quickly. It was refreshing. I don't spend a lot of time on that server. My main being a PvP server, but I enjoy the laid back RP atmosphere. No, RP isn't as plentiful as WrA or MG, so you actually have to try to find it, but it's still more connected than my first RP servers (Shadow Council and Kirin Tor). You will need to join the channels and check through guilds to get any form of constant or consistent RP, but I do, by far, prefer this smaller community with its honest efforts. It's an Ally-heavy server, so you'll get more chatter on the Ally-side OOC chat versus Horde, but Horde is far from dead. And trust me. I've seen dead. xD

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Electraa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Electraa »

I've roleplayed on WRA a lot, and I've had a good experience with it.

To start things off though:
IF you have had a bad experience with WRA, you haven't looked in the right places.

Silvermoon's Murder Row seems to hold the best of the roleplayers. Be them rogues, mages, or just the infamous blood-thistle junky, most rper's there are good.

Where you really want to shy away from are the inns; all the "nubs" go there.

I haven't roleplayed on Cenarion Circle, but I did try out Moon Guard and let me tell you.
It was terrible, both sides. Inactive it seemed, at least when I tried it.

But don't let my post sway your opinion, try out each server, and see what one floats your boat. ^^
Gaerikith
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Gaerikith »

Personally, my main is on Argent Dawn and I've had quite a bit of success there thanks to a couple of friends. Not really any serverwide RP to speak of, though it isn't dead just... beginners who stop making sense and don't want to listen to any, or the cliquish guilds. Here and there I see a few glimpses that gives me some faith in humanity, but usually that player is on their last leg of trying to find RP before moving to another server. What Wassa said is entirely correct about older RP realms fading into PvE content.

That said, I did have a major departure of my Rp friends to MG back in Cata and rerolled my hunter main there for the sake of continuing his story. Cross realm grouping didn't happen until later, and if it had already then I wouldn't have even bothered to reroll. MG is a nice place for overly social roleplayer types, but you get all kinds in there. You have the noobs, the lore nazis, and the ERPers in droves. Might I just say it is a good thing my hunter stays out of the city? Even then, when I participated in this new guild RP on the server with my friends, what ended up happening is so many people were there trying to be as individualistic as possible, to the extent of not making sense any more.
Like a rogue who talked in drunken slurs and cursing constantly who showed up for guild meetings because he was OOC friends with people. Storylines were filled with Deus Ex Machina and such, and there just wasn't a good medium of casual roleplayers there. You either knew everything that was happening in character, or you knew nothing in character.
*shrugs*

Thinking of transferring to WrA, but both my Rp mains are my raid-ready characters so Im stuck on AD for PvE reasons.

I'm personally just staying in Google docs with my friend and writing things up, using each patch as a guideline for story. It's worked out well for me. It's hard finding friends on the same level as you that are willing to try some writing and finding things out on any realm, seems like you have to just get lucky.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'm on both WRA and MG.

First, re: WRA, you'll probably want to check out http://wyrmrestaccord.org first as it's sort of an unofficial RP hub with journals and guild adverts and whatnot.

Second: re: MG, Avoid Goldshire unless you want to wash out your skull with bleach. (And be prepared for trolls in Stormwind, because there is apparently a whole class of troll who like to roll racially offensive LV1 humans and randomly harass people for lulz. they're usually bald warriors/paladins with the darkest skin tones and names like 'SgtWatermelon' or 'Honkyniqqa' and so forth...)

Beyond that... RPwise, it's easier to just fall into things on MG (at least if you're ally-side); there's usually quite a bit of RP going on just on the street, although some guilds (especially night elf ones) are pretty cliquey and will ignore you if you aren't a nelf or whatever. WRA tends to have better RP but it's gotten reclusive; you have to know where to go and who to bug sort of ahead of time as most of what's out in the open isn't all that great. Redside, in both cases, I've had a miserable time trying to find any RP... unless you're a belf. If you're a belf, there's lots, usually in Silvermoon, and I think there's some stuff going on in Undercity, but if you're a troll/orc/tauren/panda wandering about Org or TB on your own, you won't find a thing ever.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

WRA I've found is the best server for RP, I play primarily Alliance side. I've never had a problem finding an impromptu RP to get involved in, and the more friends/connections you make, the more opportunities open up. Finding an RP guild that suites you might me a bit tough if your not looking for military, but asking around you would probably get directed in the right direction.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

When I first came to Moon Guard, it was about the time when Wrath first came out. Back then, I knew little to nothing about RP or the server. I had heard from a friend that Goldshire was the only place there was RP (of course they were wrong, but I listened.)
Back then, Goldshire was not as it is today. True, there were people trying to score some ERP, but there was never more than 3 people there doing that. Goldshire had actual RP. It was a great place for people who were just starting out to learn and grow. I spent a great deal of time there actually learning to RP. On the rare occasion someone whispered me trying to score some ERP, they quickly met my ignore list and I didn't have any more trouble with them. By the time I learned that there was indeed RP elsewhere, I only had 12 people on my ignore list. I hope that says something about how it used to be.
Sadly, a few 'famous' people on Youtube has ruined those times by putting up Goldshire videos. Because of those videos, more people come to add to the problem. So please, do not even link Goldshire to Moon Guard. Goldshire is a product of Youtube.

I love Moon Guard. When I came here, that was when I actually felt myself 'growing up'. I learned a great deal about not only Role Play, but also about being a 'well behaved' gamer rather than some annoying little kid doing annoying little things. It was where I dropped and tossed away all my problems that I had caused in the past. A place where I could start over. So I have a special place in my heart for Moon Guard.

Now, I'm sure you don't really care about all that stuff. So I'll just give you the info you were looking for. The actual status of the server.

Moon Guard is one of the biggest (if not actually the biggest) RP servers. Because of this, we get a large variety of people. More people means more trolls, idiots, etc.. But if you look at it % wise, it's really about the same.

Alliance RP: While I haven't done much with Ally side recently, I do still some times run around to see what's going on while on my alts. I can safely say that Alliance side tends to stick to the cities more when Role Playing. Stormwind is very popular. People will walk up to you if you do not like walking up to other people. Some times it's a short greeting, other times it turns into a long interaction. The most popular spots are the Cath, Mage Quarter, and the Pig 'N Whistle.

Horde RP: Horde RP has changed quite a bit. It used to be that SMC was one of the most popular places (Though was very much like Goldshire), but with the changes to Org, Valley of Honor was where it migrated to. However, Horde RP has moved once again. While there is still a bit of RP in Org and SMC, even UC actually... Most of the Horde RP has moved out into the 'world'. It is harder to find, but that is for a reason. It keeps the level 58 death knights in skimpy armor out of their RP. So now you'll have to go out hunting for it. I tend to like world RP more anyways. Thunder Bluff used to be huge on RP, but with the death of The Hawktotem Tribe, the largest and very well thought of Tauren RPPVP guild, RP there sloooowly went away.

On both sides, you might find quite of RP in Pandaland as well. You never know. Some guilds take to RPing on the big Panda wall or hidden away at the Panda monk school place. RP is really all over. There is no shortage of it, but some of it is a bit hard to locate depending on what you are looking for. It is easy though to start up some interactions if you don't want to go hunting!

Hopefully that helped a bit. Sorry if I went on and on and on. xP

Siggy under construction!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

The OP made this thread in 2011 just to put it out there. ;)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]