Joining Ceremony

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Joining Ceremony

Unread post by Varethyn »

A couple of my guildies are semi-serious RPers, meaning they have backstories and act occasionally but will always break down and end up doing something completely different after a while. Despite that they want to go into more depth with their characters' relationship. And what better way than to be married? And they want my tauren priest, who I'd initially never intended to give a personality to let alone bring into proper RP, to be the one to join them.

My question then is this: How could a wedding between two blood elf paladins overseen by a tauren priest be RPed? What kind of things could my priest say? It's only a silly little thing and needn't be to the letter, but has piqued my interest and I'd love to see ideas :)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Joining Ceremony

Unread post by Lupis »

First I'd suggest looking up Tauren Wedding Ceremonies, as a tauren would most likely use his or her own traditions if he or she was leading the wedding. Second, look up tribal wedding customs.
I know my RP guild had a wedding, and we're all Tauren - basically the one leading the wedding talked about how the Earthmother was joining them and how they would forever be connected through the grass, sky and sun, etc. etc.

Sorry I can't say more - I've been in a sort of thought-block recently. x.x

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Weeeell..I'm a heavy RPer, for my toon's 'marriage' (Its refered to as a blood bonding for trolls) A friend of Zui's preformed the ceremony on a cliffside in Stranglethorn. It involved blood spraying, blood drinking, and scarification. So perhaps stay away from tribal traditions, at least troll traditions :lol:
But if you're a tauren I'd guess that you would ask the Earth Mother to bless them, have them exchange vows, stuff like that. One thing that our 'wedding' had was the Priestess summoned a messenger spirit to witness the ceremony, and once it was done the spirit delivered the news to the Loa, deceased ancestors, etc.
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Just as a random though. I could totally see in a tauren marriage as having the couple plant a tree together. It'd be kinda sweet. =P
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

I don't know if you still want suggestions, but considering the marriage is between two blood elves, and they are both pallies, I think the Tauren should say something about An'she and Lightwalking, and those kinds of things. I also think the planting a tree idea is nice, as in "this tree grows up from the light just as it swells in our hearts"...etc.

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!