RP Character Idea Good or Bad

Schattens
Realm: Moonrunner, Tanaris, Wyrmrest Accord (Horde Side)

RP Character Idea Good or Bad

Unread post by Schattens »

Not sure how I came up with probally to much time questing in Mulgore, and wanting a Goblin Shaman, possibly out of the realm of the imagination. But here it goes....

I know most of the Lore and Back Stories to WoW and I was pondering a Goblin Shaman Raised by Taurens. I know it sounds far fetched however 2 possibilities could have accured.

1.They found her at the Ravanged Caravan after the attack, before they set the fire trying to destroy everything.

2.The Parent who the child was with could have thrown her at a approaching Tauren Warrior, who felt it move and cry as his hand closed around her before he crushed it. (Big Tauren Hands, Little Baby Goblin).

After the battle a Tauren Outrunner was sent to bring the baby to Cairne and the Council who decided the child was to be sent to a reclusive Tauren who lived in the mountains due to the fact that the Taurens niether knew, or trusted any Goblins to which to bring the child to. As the child grew older the Tauren caregiver discovered it's inate shamansitic powers, and started to guide her along the path.

To be honest I cannot play a caster type save my life, so I was thinking that once the Child became common knowlege Tauren children would venture to the mountains to harrass her, and she would have to fight them off, so I was pondering an Enchancement Shaman

What are your thoughts, Doable or to Mary-Sueish
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: RP Character Idea Good or Bad

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Your character COULD happen, but it's unlikely.

Some notes on your concept:

* Shamanism would be a practical choice for a character of that background.

* It's unclear when goblins first met tauren, but I'd estimate it would have happened about 11 years ago, during the Third War. Not sure when the Venture Co. ended up in Mulgore, probably some time after. Your goblin would have to be pretty young in this scenario.

* Goblins regard life as cheap and tend to have short, explosive lives. A goblin baby or child being abandoned or orphaned would not be out of the ordinary.

* I doubt that a big meeting involving the leader of all tauren to determine the fate of your character would happen.

* The relationship between the two race seem to range from openly hostile and totally incompatible to an uneasy compromise. I'm not sure that if a council was called, that a Venture Co.'s goblin's life would be spared. I have a potential idea for a revised origin: abandoned/orphaned goblin child is found by a soft-hearted tauren, who for a time raises her in secret with the hopes that she would respect the earth like the tauren do. Unfortunately, either other tauren find out and don't like her being around, or she rebels, and that causes friction.

Finally, is the biggest question. Why is your goblin raised by a tauren, instead of having a background like the vast majority of goblins? Is she supposed to have a unique perspective from her unusual upbringing? Is she going to have interesting consequences of being raised very unusually for a goblin? Or is it for the sake of being unique and standing out from other goblins? If it's more of the latter, I can't advise going with it.
Schattens

Well its seems like every other goblin is hell bent on greed, doing what it took no matter what to line there coin purse with as much gold as possible. My toon would have mainly Tauren Ideals. That uniqueness in a sea of greed was what I was going for. I have always loved playing Taurens, and thought it an interesting spin off of What If her upbringing changed the way 1 goblin saw things? I guess its not much of an idea, but I wanted to ask people about it.

(Sorry when I'm on here its on the laptop in the garage i have for when I come out to smoke, so im freezing my butt off while I type this lol)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

The problem with wanting an overly unique character is that you often tread over or very, very close to the Mary Sue line. I agree fully with Ket Shi's points. There's no reason that you couldn't have a basic goblin living in a goblin world that decides that the greedy, money scrounging, savage lifestyle isn't for them without having them be raised by tauren. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Schattens

True that reminded of the Goblin in Vash who was looking for a 'Green' fuel source for the sub, but made me promise not to tell anyone lol.