RP idea

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

RP idea

Unread post by starkittens »

ok, so I've made a RP toon, It's a worgen DK. My idea was that she was a basic worgen, but the curse had a stronger affect on her, and the "Cure" didn't work very well. She can still turn into a human, but refuses to. She lived on her own for a long time after the gilanean starting quest-line, which made her more dog-like then human. One day, the scourge caught her (the higher up ones) and saw how little she cared about others lives, just her own, and made her a DK. when she broke free of the lich kings' grasp, she merely went back to her same life, but with hunters coming after her.

My questions are,

1) Is this ok?
2) Is there any guilds (on wyrmest accord) that I would be able to get into, (say, worgen only type guilds) and not have to change much?

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: RP idea

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Worgen death knight timelines are just about impossible to puzzle out. From what I can tell, this is where worgen death knights come from:

1. The citizens of Pyrewood village are experimented on by Arugal many years before the Cataclysm (maybe 10?) and are turned into barely sentient worgen
2. Some of them are mysteriously sentient (just like the later Gilnean worgen that endured chemical treatment and went through a ritual to pacify their animal rage) and escape from Arugal's control
3. Somehow, some of the escapees are captured and/or slain by the Scourge around 2-3 years ago
4. They're raised into the Lich King's service and fight in his army, side-by-side among the other death knights
5. Most current-generation death knights are freed from the Lich King's grasp
6. Strangely, the death knight worgen disappear and no one mentions them existing
7. The whole of Wrath of the Lich King's story happens. Arthas is killed and the Scourge is pretty much dissolved into a few packs of cultists and roaming undead. Still no word from the death knight worgen
8. Cataclysm happens, suddenly death knight worgen conveniently reappear!

She couldn't have been alive during the worgen invasion of Gilneas, and neither would the Scourge be organized to nab and convert her.

The whole thing's a mess, packed with headache-inducing retcons. Not your fault, just the game's fault how it tried to clumsily explain how worgen death knights were made. If I were you, I'd just leave most of your worgen's history either forgotten or never talked about.

Now, about the rest. Is she going to act more dog-like than human? Careful not to fall into the trap of making her act like a literal dog (barking, begging for treats, wanting to be pet, etc) like I've seen druids do. But it sounds like she's more of a solitary, stray dog that's trying to hide from others. If you want to stay with that, keep in mind it'll be hard to find roleplay unless you're with friends or a guild that will participate in a storyline with you. Most roleplay is initiated in Stormwind on Wyrmrest Accord (Alliance) and I can't see that character being comfortable in a huge, bustling city.
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

wow, that is a messed up timeline...ok, I'll keep the background quite, and yeah, she's mostly solitary. Like a stray dog, she'll sometimes go into the city to steal food, but mostly stay to the country side.

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Just be sure to find friends and/or a guild that would help in roleplaying, if she is going to remain outside cities most of the time. I've seen a lot of other more solitary character types (like demon hunters) get burnt out and redo their character concept, or end up parking their character in town anyways and get in trouble.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I tried one time to make a worgen death knight and give him a plausible, drawn out back story; next to coming up with one for Indi, it was the most pain in the ass thing I've ever done. Blizzard basically ruined any sort of story for worgen death knights. Because I was trying to stick to the story they give you in game, it ended up being a massively frustrating research fest that led me to just making poor Kethtaz a trainer at Acherus Hold as, in between WotLK and Cata, he would have had no where better to spend his time anyway since worgen were still considered monsters then and not sentient beasts (and he's incapable of taking his human form anymore).

So anyway, Ket Shi gave some very solid advice, I just thought I'd throw in my experiences in the hopes of saving you a massive headache. :) Definitely just keep it simple or shrouded. Perhaps it scarred her so much she just refuses to talk about it with anyone, including herself. Other than that, Ket Shi's covered everything really well and I'd feel silly repeating her. :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

The only thing I can add is that there's technically another way a worgen DK can be created. The Wolf Cult in Grizzly Hills has created many worgen (via resurrecting Arugal) and are in allegiance with the Lich King. Therefor if one of them was fairly well known by the Scourge, it would be fairly likely for him or her to be turned into a Death Knight upon death.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

wow, Thank you all for your Ideas. And yeah, I've done very little into reseachering the WOW background, But I do know some, and yeah, it sounds like a pain. I was thinking about what Ket Shi said, and I am fine with the solitary life, but the way i was thinking about entering the cites, is by being "caught" (by a guildy, or a friend of course) then taken into a town (say, Goldshire) and being like a prize shown off. (I just need to fine a friend to do it with me....any of you guys could, I'm on wyrmest accord, and the worgen's name is Silvre.)

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:The only thing I can add is that there's technically another way a worgen DK can be created. The Wolf Cult in Grizzly Hills has created many worgen (via resurrecting Arugal) and are in allegiance with the Lich King. Therefor if one of them was fairly well known by the Scourge, it would be fairly likely for him or her to be turned into a Death Knight upon death.
It's possible, but there's no precedent for it happening. Probably better to stick with what's been shown to happen in canon before...even if the worgen death knight backstory is contradictory and awful.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Aye, it seems as if all worgen DK lore is kind of broken and mangled. The Pyrewood story makes no real sense, and the Grizzly Hills thing is unprecedented.

…So yes, just avoiding backstory might be your best bet, Star. >.>

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

ok, I'll go with that.