I'm from Northrend... Or at least, I want to be!

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

I'm from Northrend... Or at least, I want to be!

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Since I'm playing a Troll and since I'm a role player, I decided to join a RP Troll guild.

Each and every Troll is supposed to be from Darkspear Tribe but I thought, I'd do something different.
I'd like to play my Troll as a Drakkari who turned is back on his savage tribe and who had enough of stumbling into undead at every corner.

Unfortunately, there seems to be very little background on the Drakkari tribe and so I kind of have to make it up by myself.

Anyone got some cool ideas or some official resources?
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: I'm from Northrend... Or at least, I want to be!

Unread post by Chimera »

This is about as much as your gonna get out of the Drakkari from in-game lore: http://www.wowpedia.org/Drakkari. Ive actually done research myself, being a troll from Northrend, more specifically, of the non-canon Winterfang tribe who is at war with the Drakkari. I know for sure that ice trolls were driven away from their ancestral home (back when all trolls lived under the Zandalari in the jungles and forests) because of their bloodthirsty nature, and that the Drakkari+Winterfang went north onto the part of land that was eventually shattered and forced into Azeroth's northern pole. They adapted to their environment and practiced their destructive, primal culture with little contest and eventually just evolved into what they are today.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

My idea was like this:
I've lived with my tribe (Drakkari) until I was of age.
I never really adapted to the violent life there and when the undead hordes came, I just took off to the old continents to leave all this behind and find a new life there.
I'm about to join a troll-only RP guild and since quite a few of them aren't Darkspears, I thought an ice troll added to the mix would be nice.

Gonna check that link out over the weekend, I guess.
Thanks.
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

Eee, Drakkari! Just make sure you do your research (and possibly ZD's questchain if you've not already); they're one of the most poorly-roleplayed tribes I've encountered. I'm an officer in a troll-only roleplay guild and the ice trolls we've seen over the past few years...! :(

Even so, I find them to be one of the most interesting; I just wish people did them justice! Though just remember that your character might get negative IC reactions; Drakkari's one of the most hated tribes, from what I've seen. They killed their gods, after all! Whilst Orgrimmar's guards and such likely won't be able to tell the difference between an ice and a typical jungle troll, the guards of trollish towns will; they'll likely be kill-on-sight. Even so, earning everyone's trust could provide some interesting roleplay! I've really enjoyed it on my own Frostmane troll.

Also make sure you react to the heat. Durotar is a desert! The heat has a strong possibility of being deadly to your troll- try not to brush it off too much in roleplay! Ice trolls are very floofy and fluffy; they're not adapted to cope with it. If we're going deep into biology, their enzymes and bodily functions are likely set to work at optimal in freezing temperatures- not hot ones. I've not seen a single Drakkari roleplay acknowledge the heat yet! :lol:

Otherwise, sorry for the rambling and good luck! I hope it goes well. :D

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Well, taking all the biological hindrances into account would make play a Drakkari pretty hard and render the character useless outside of Northrend.
Then again, if you'll be honest, Zul'Drak is NOT an icy dessert, is it?

I think even a Drakkari will kind of get used to warmer environment after a while and, like I said, Bhando left Northrend when the Scourge came up, so that's been a while already, isn't it?

And if this special troll guild, who take on some trolls from tribes deemed to be hostile, will take me, the tabard will tell the other (NPC-)trolls that I'm not to be feared but, even if not a a member of it, close to the horde.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Drakkaris are hard to role-play in WoW unless you are in-character only in Northrend and away from most players. This tribe is hostile to pretty much everyone and their high prophets went mad. Most members have fallen to Scourge. Questions you need to ask yourself is how did your Drakkari run into the horde and become friendly with them? Drakkari trolls are one of the larger troll subraces being 8+ feet tall and bulky, so why is yours so much shorter and lanker? Is yours a runt or will you use elixirs of giant growth to get around the height issue? I'm not saying it's impossible to be a Drakkari in role-play, but you are going to need to build up a believable history otherwise other role-players might just brush you off.

I have three trolls that I RP. My druid is a Darkspear while Wassa is a Shatterspear and my death knight is a Mossflayer. Some role-players might think you are just "bad" since you don't RP a Darkspear but it isn't. You just need to make it believable and research all you can about the tribe. Make a transmog outfit that is close to what the Drakkari NPCs wear or anything Northrend themed. If this troll is a hunter you can make a Northrend/plagued themed stable as well.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.