Timeline questions for Magli's backstory

Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Timeline questions for Magli's backstory

Unread post by Magli »

I'm not in a roleplaying guild or on a roleplaying server, but I'm putting together a backstory for my character anyway. But I'm a little unclear on the lore--I hadn't played any of the Warcraft strategy games and started playing WoW in BC, so I have a few questions to ask.

How long ago was the Scourge invasion of Lordaeron, and how integrated were dwarves in the Alliance at the time? Would it be reasonable that Magli might have been living in the area as a child when the Scourge came through? Perhaps she could have been a recruit in a dwarven militia at the time? Or maybe she's a child of refugees who settled in Loch Modan? I'd like to give her a personal reason to want to travel to Northrend and take a shot at Arthas.

I see Magli as being experienced, but not a grizzled veteran. If anybody was reading Kelly Aarons' comics for WoW Insider, remember the dwarf who adopted the two orphan girls? She's happier than that guy, and still has all her hair.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Re: Timeline questions for Magli's backstory

Unread post by Shadow »

Well. Here's the timeline based on the official site:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_(from_ ... ite,_2007)

And the unofficial timeline:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_(unofficial)

Wowpedia is a great source for learning more about WoW lore, events, and about one's character in general based on the race :3 I'm sorry I can't provide answers myself, but I've never looked at dwarves xD

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog