Is it possible...?

Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Is it possible...?

Unread post by Hisae »

Is it possible to make an RP story that is sort of similar but not completely based on Final Fantasy X's storyline? I'm so focused on Final Fantasy these last few weeks that I've made a toon that I'm wanting to RP with. Her name is Yunas Mooncrest and I've got some idea of her basic information but I'm feeling lost as I've not RPed in 2 years and I know I am rusty! So, anyway, do you think it could be possible?

EDIT: She's a human mage
Gaerikith
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Is it possible...?

Unread post by Gaerikith »

Anything is possible, really.

I mean, if you took a human from Old Hillsbrad (via the caverns of time instance or something visual like that), made him a knight instead of an underwater polo player, had him follow you around as a protector with a worgen that had one arm tied up and Titan's Grip for his crazy long sword, sure. Hell, you could get a beachball-wielding gnome, a female night elf that likes wearing belt dresses and plays with dolls, a female dwarf that tinkers with things and has a thing for tight leather suits, and a draenai with a polearm that doesn't talk much.
You'd end up fighting some Infinite Dragonflight, that knight would die, the worgen would just sorta fade away with him, and then you go off in short shorts to shoot things with guns with your half dwarf sister. Just as an example. (Though I must say X-2 never happened)

As far as is it possible, yeah. Though I'm not quite who'd participate unless you advertised and looked into it. Could be a nice solo-writing warmup if you've been unpracticed, I sometimes do one-shots with my partner to get into the swing of things if I haven't written in awhile.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Pretty much what Gaer said. Is it doable? Sure, I guess. Anything is -doable.- Will you get heckled and no one will RP with you unless you're doing it with people who agree and/or are willing to participate? God yes. You can get anything done, really. But people tend to see really, really odd concepts and get a bit weirded out, and you'll often be ignored or called a troll if you try it on the public scene. That pretty much goes for any weird concepts--dragons, demons, etc, mostly because they have a stigma of failure.

Rambling aside, yeah, you can RP whatever you want. I RP a bronze dragon, for example. But I would never RP my dragon in game because people don't like that and I'm not going to ruin their experience with my character they don't like, because let's be honest, dragons would be weird to RP in game anyways. Thus, I do it on a strictly forum basis and make sure people are generally cool with it. And yes, I RP my dragon effectively and smartly, and yes I have weird ass concepts before, but normally people have either told me to toe the line or if it's acceptable. What I'm getting at is do what you want as long as you're aware people are likely to be against it and you may only be doing it solo or on a quieter scene with people already prepared for it.

Wow did that even make sense.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

So long as you can find people interested in taking part in an idea, anything is possible.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?